Need help with importing nif to custom race

_sanada_

Firstly, i'm sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language. Next, this question might be already answered but i really need help and here is the sittuation:

i want to make a new custom race and for the mesh i already made all the nif file. However, i don't know how to import those files to the new race. By GECK i duplicated asian race, in facedata tab when i browse the link to the nif file it show "invalid directtory". 

I do take a look at other custom race i downloaded, they all have their own bsa file. I even take a look at those sample bsa files as well and the nif and dds file are all in therre so this is what i think:

how can i use my nif file, how can other authors import their nif and dds to thier race.

i did spend hours looking for answers but found no video, no tutorial so far. Please help me.

You should look at the body data tab, that's where you add the filepath under "upper body model". Make sure to have the right gender selected at the bottom.

Thanks you for helping me and sorry for this late reply, as i spent about more than an hour on GECK looking at the bodydata tab trying to figure out your suggestion i still cannot do it. All i want is to change the head meshes and use T6M meshes and texture body, face texture too. Why do i have to touch the body path? Do i have to create my own body meshes as well or i have to lead the path to the body mod? i'm still noob at GECK, hope you don't mind.

Guest endgameaddiction

Invalid directory you said.

Are you installing your meshes and textures in the Fallout data folder where they should be?

Okay, let me go back a sec. You did mention .bsa. I don't ever pack my files in .bsa ever. I keep them loose. I'm going off my assumption so I could be wrong here.

When you are doing this stuff you need to install the loose files and set the meshes and textures correctly, and install everything needed before packing it in a .bsa so that GECK recognizes the files. I know this because in Body Data or Face Data when you click to change a mesh or texture and accidentally click OK without making changes, the directory path remains blank. Before clicking OK if you don't have any loose files to replace that certain mesh or texture you'll find nothing to replace.

GECK does not open .bsa files to try to find any mesh or texture you are looking for. So if you did pack your files in a .bsa, you need to unpack it and install those loos files and then do this procedure in GECK so that GECK can find the files. When you have it set up correctly and working properly in game, then you can delete those loose files and use the .bsa.

Invalid directory you said.

Are you installing your meshes and textures in the Fallout data folder where they should be?

Okay, let me go back a sec. You did mention .bsa. I don't ever pack my files in .bsa ever. I keep them loose. I'm going off my assumption so I could be wrong here.

When you are doing this stuff you need to install the loose files and set the meshes and textures correctly, and install everything needed before packing it in a .bsa so that GECK recognizes the files. I know this because in Face Data when you click the ears or the mouth or any of the files without having loose files, you won't find it as long as it's in the .bsa.

Ok let see if i get this right. I will have to create Mymodname/meshes/characters/_male folder somewhere then put all the face files i made there then pack it up by GECK right?

Guest endgameaddiction

No no. your mod files go after the Meshes and Textures folder.

Meshes/mymod

Textures/mymod

It's up to you how organized you want to do it, but your mod folders go after meshes and textures.

If you want, take a look at one of my mods so you can get an idea of what I mean.

Note: keep in mind the way you have your textures in the directory (meshes/mymod) you'll have to make sure the .nif file has the textures correctly directed there in nifskope or else it will show it with missing textures (pink). It's important that when you set the textures properly in nifskope, its done when these files are in the fallout/data/meshes/mymod and fallout/data/textures/mymod.

IT'S WORKED.

The solution is so simple, what a noob i am. I can finally enjoy my work thank to you guys.

Btw endgameaddtion i did download your anita mod, nice work there and its help me a lot

too.

thanks you all again for helping me could do it without the help.

Archived