Sexout Intimacy

I definitely still want to add a gender preference, but there needs to be a way for the player to express gender sub groups.  For example: Lesbian:'Masculine or Feminine'.

Not sure what else.  Suggestions on more likes/dislikes are welcome.

HM, maybe via experiance? When a player has 3/4 of the time sex with one gender, this could count as a gender preference. ( Edit: but only sex the player has agreed to should count here, a lesbian don't become bi or hetro by getting gang raped ) And "Masculine vs Feminine" - well, maybe spunk can be used to figure out what was more satisfactory for the PC in the beginning ( if those HUD bars and xp gains can be pinned down )  and that the PC develop a preference that way. Just a not yet fleshed out idea ;)

Edit: btw what about perks? original ( like black widow ) or sexout perks, do they count ?

I definitely still want to add a gender preference, but there needs to be a way for the player to express gender sub groups.  For example: Lesbian:'Masculine or Feminine'.

Not sure what else.  Suggestions on more likes/dislikes are welcome.

HM, maybe via experiance? When a player has 3/4 of the time sex with one gender, this could count as a gender preference. ( Edit: but only sex the player has agreed to should count here, a lesbian don't become bi or hetro by getting gang raped ) And "Masculine vs Feminine" - well, maybe spunk can be used to figure out what was more satisfactory for the PC in the beginning ( if those HUD bars and xp gains can be pinned down )  and that the PC develop a preference that way. Just a not yet fleshed out idea ;)

Edit: btw what about perks? original ( like black widow ) or sexout perks, do they count ?

Some clarification.  There are actually two genders for each actor in SOI.  One is the true biological gender, the other is gender filtered through self perception.  Therefore genders are split up into four groups.  Male and female, masculine and feminine.  This is how we arrive at 'Tomboy Female' or 'Sissy Male'.

Both settings 'Ornt:Gender' and 'Bhv:Gender' affect not only the actors preferences, but also their behaviors.  This is already the case for all NPCs, but not the player.  So what I meant was that there needs to be a way for the player to, either through game play or a setting, indicate to NPCs that the player is the masculine or feminine version of their gender/orientation.

Best case, I would like to figure out a way for the player to do this through their choices.  That way, the player can fluctuate from one to the other depending upon the situation.  I could put in a setting for it, but then the player would have to stop and change the setting every time they wanted to present a different nuance to NPCs.  I just don't know how I'm going to go about it yet.

Only two perks are accounted for so far (Sub and Dom).  If anyone has others they would like to see let me know?  Though they can't be frivolous, and must be meaningful in the context of function.  For example: Black Widow.  What would it DO?  Nothing imo.  Dom makes the PC look Dom, Sub makes the PC look Sub.  These are clear functions.  Black Widow, not so much.

What do you think?

Masculine or feminine are, at least I understood it so far, is what you would see in sex adds of gay/lesbian as "active" ( masculine ) or "passive" ( feminine ) part - ( what about active/passiv or a/p ? ) 

Anyway. what I would assume, if you play a lesbian and accept often enough genital top offers of lesbian NPCs, you would get the feminine role, if you accept genital bottom you would get the masculine role ( same for gays )

function for perks like "black widow" could be " make it easier to seduce males in this case, or NPC males are more attracted by you ) something like this

bitch in heat could increase gain levels of male NPCs during ovolution

the male equivalent big pecker  - well no idea, may increase  gain levels of certain females ? ( those with highsexdrive? or those with low sexdrive )

masochist, well you wanted to add this anyway? So sadist seems to miss in the perk list.

Masculine or feminine are, at least I understood it so far, is what you would see in sex adds of gay/lesbian as "active" ( masculine ) or "passive" ( feminine ) part - ( what about active/passiv or a/p ? ) 

Anyway. what I would assume, if you play a lesbian and accept often enough genital top offers of lesbian NPCs, you would get the feminine role, if you accept genital bottom you would get the masculine role ( same for gays )

function for perks like "black widow" could be " make it easier to seduce males in this case, or NPC males are more attracted by you ) something like this

bitch in heat could increase gain levels of male NPCs during ovolution

the male equivalent big pecker  - well no idea, may increase  gain levels of certain females ? ( those with highsexdrive? or those with low sexdrive )

masochist, well you wanted to add this anyway? So sadist seems to miss in the perk list.

I understand the terminology sounds redundant, but that isn't the intent.  The idea is to split things up so that these settings can be isolated/combined by authors for the purpose of storytelling.  Here's what I mean.

Dom is not synonymous with Sadist.  It just means 'likes to run the show/be on top during sex'.  Neither is dom synonymous with masculine, nor sub with feminine.  These are intentionally separate settings that mean different things.  The idea is to open up possible combinations that allow authors to create more unique individuals.

As a result it's possible to create a dominant, feminine, female, masochist, ordering her servant to flog her sternly.  Feminine in this example speaks more to behavior than it does to sexual preferences.  In short, feminine/masculine alters the way NPCs process information.

Another example.  Take two NPCs, one masculine, the other feminine, both with the same set of actions queued.  Let's say they both have an Affection, a Flirt, a Rumor, and a Sex.  The masculine NPC will process these actions differently than the feminine NPC.  In this example the masculine represents 'drive', and the feminine represents 'govern'.

As a result, the feminine NPC will likely see affection/rumor as the appropriate action to take, while the masculine will likely see flirt/sex as the appropriate action.  This is what I mean when I say 'they process information differently'.  These aspects affect a lot of other things as well that aren't implicitly sexual (like providing).  Dom and sub on the other hand, ARE almost exclusively sexual.

Just a little 'under the hood' info that should put things into perspective.

In my view, Black Widow is a combat skill that unlocks certain dialog.  I don't see how to get from there to 'more sexually appealing' minus dialog.  I think a mod author could just condition dialog with the perk, and make any adjustments to stats there based on the NPCs reaction to the 'Black Widow' dialog.

Bitch in heat, maybe.  I guess it could play on the pheromone angle?  They become more sexually responsive, but don't know why?  I don't want to stretch it to the point of ridiculous.

This is partly why I haven't done anything with sadist or masochist yet.  I don't think it's reasonable for an NPC to know these about the player just by looking at them.  So I'll probably make S&M rumors/opinions that are discovered via conversation.  I still have to add 'pillory' sex as well (ZaZ), which will be based on these.

Large member, I guess they would find out during sex, but what would it really do?  You say increase gains, but how do they decide if they actually want that trait in a lover (what basis)?

Thoughts?

I understand the terminology sounds redundant, but that isn't the intent.  The idea is to split things up so that these settings can be isolated/combined by authors for the purpose of storytelling.  Here's what I mean.

Dom is not synonymous with Sadist.  It just means 'likes to run the show/be on top during sex'.  Neither is dom synonymous with masculine, nor sub with feminine.  These are intentionally separate settings that mean different things.  The idea is to open up possible combinations that allow authors to create more unique individuals.

I did not claimed that sadist and dominant is the same, I just noticed that we have a dominant, a sub, a masochist sexout perk, but for some reasons the creator of the sexout framework failed to add a sadist perk. If it is possible to add a sadist perk, the PC can gain those traits via perks.

As a result it's possible to create a dominant, feminine, female, masochist, ordering her servant to flog her sternly.  Feminine in this example speaks more to behavior than it does to sexual preferences.  In short, feminine/masculine alters the way NPCs process information.

Another example.  Take two NPCs, one masculine, the other feminine, both with the same set of actions queued.  Let's say they both have an Affection, a Flirt, a Rumor, and a Sex.  The masculine NPC will process these actions differently than the feminine NPC.  In this example the masculine represents 'drive', and the feminine represents 'govern'.

As a result, the feminine NPC will likely see affection/rumor as the appropriate action to take, while the masculine will likely see flirt/sex as the appropriate action.  This is what I mean when I say 'they process information differently'.  These aspects affect a lot of other things as well that aren't implicitly sexual (like providing).  Dom and sub on the other hand, ARE almost exclusively sexual.

Just a little 'under the hood' info that should put things into perspective.

In my view, Black Widow is a combat skill that unlocks certain dialog.  I don't see how to get from there to 'more sexually appealing' minus dialog.  I think a mod author could just condition dialog with the perk, and make any adjustments to stats there based on the NPCs reaction to the 'Black Widow' dialog.

Bitch in heat, maybe.  I guess it could play on the pheromone angle?  They become more sexually responsive, but don't know why?  I don't want to stretch it to the point of ridiculous.

This is partly why I haven't done anything with sadist or masochist yet.  I don't think it's reasonable for an NPC to know these about the player just by looking at them.  So I'll probably make S&M rumors/opinions that are discovered via conversation.  I still have to add 'pillory' sex as well (ZaZ), which will be based on these.

Large member, I guess they would find out during sex, but what would it really do?  You say increase gains, but how do they decide if they actually want that trait in a lover (what basis)?

Thoughts?

Bitch in heat, yep I thought of the pheromone thing - but I had nothing too extreme in mind, maybe some thing like this, if Lust value increases from 50 to 55 in one cycle without this perk, it increases from 50 to 56 with the bitch in heat perk. ( 20% faster increase )

For the male equivalent - well I would add something similar ( and if only for game balance reasons ) - maybe Lust increases slightly faster for females he had already sex with, so it would not work the first time, but it would work for further dates. Maybe this makes more sense, but maybe someone else has a better idea?

with black widow ( and equivalent perks ) - well I had in mind something like an 10% increased likelihood that an NPC agree to an activity

I did not claimed that sadist and dominant is the same, I just noticed that we have a dominant, a sub, a masochist sexout perk, but for some reasons the creator of the sexout framework failed to add a sadist perk. If it is possible to add a sadist perk, the PC can gain those traits via perks.

Bitch in heat, yep I thought of the pheromone thing - but I had nothing too extreme in mind, maybe some thing like this, if Lust value increases from 50 to 55 in one cycle without this perk, it increases from 50 to 56 with the bitch in heat perk. ( 20% faster increase )

For the male equivalent - well I would add something similar ( and if only for game balance reasons ) - maybe Lust increases slightly faster for females he had already sex with, so it would not work the first time, but it would work for further dates. Maybe this makes more sense, but maybe someone else has a better idea?

with black widow ( and equivalent perks ) - well I had in mind something like an 10% increased likelihood that an NPC agree to an activity

I said that because in my culture many of those terms are technically interchangeable.

The BIH perk should now give an attraction bonus, though it only does so when the player is fertile.  Lust already increases for lovers (though not for one night stands).

Activities are acquired automatically by having multiple actions.  For example: An NPC with 2 flirts and a sex action will automatically acquire an activity.  The idea being that engaging in activities simply changes the context under which other actions are performed.

EDIT: There are several factors that determine whether or not an NPC will agree to an activity when asked.  Primarily the NPCs mood.

Edited by t3589

In one of the changelogs there was a mention of a dialog option to give handsets to NPC's.  I have not yet encountered this, are there some necessary conditions to meet before it shows up or am I misunderstanding the changelog?

Had to start a new character for testing.  Courier 6's baby grew up from papoose to rugrat.  Now the little tyke follows momma everywhere.  Ever try to [seek privacy] when there is a little person following right behind you all day and night?  Too bad Pregnancy didn't come with a wait or go to bed command.

I was seeing some pretty extreme mood swings in that game, disposition and desire changes were so great they made my ex-wife seem dull and predictable.  Maybe that's due to the rapid changes between versions.  Not far enough into new game to have developed any relationships yet.  Everyone seems friendly enough but no-one seems particularly attracted to my new Courier.

In one of the changelogs there was a mention of a dialog option to give handsets to NPC's.  I have not yet encountered this, are there some necessary conditions to meet before it shows up or am I misunderstanding the changelog?

Had to start a new character for testing.  Courier 6's baby grew up from papoose to rugrat.  Now the little tyke follows momma everywhere.  Ever try to [seek privacy] when there is a little person following right behind you all day and night?  Too bad Pregnancy didn't come with a wait or go to bed command.

I was seeing some pretty extreme mood swings in that game, disposition and desire changes were so great they made my ex-wife seem dull and predictable.  Maybe that's due to the rapid changes between versions.  Not far enough into new game to have developed any relationships yet.  Everyone seems friendly enough but no-one seems particularly attracted to my new Courier.

It should be in partner/spouse greeting dialog.  Same as the 'give key' dialog.

Still needs work. NPCs have definitely become more picky in my game.  They're also more prone to spontaneity.  Sometimes I think they're not interested then out of nowhere they gain 15-20 points in one pass and start interacting.

Just standing around no longer seems to be a sure fire way to advance in all circumstances, but talking to the NPC often makes up for this.  It's definitely easy to tell which NPCs REALLY like the PC, though most of the population so far seems indifferent unless you chat them up.  Haven't tried it in large crowds yet.  Could use more feedback.

That you don't advance when you just stand around is IMHO not bad in most cases. So silent admirer should imho not completely ruled out. However, at the moment stalkers are again too picky. They stalk quite well when you visit them first, but at my 3rd or 4th visit in the powder gangster prison, they became quite lame. Seems as if stalking only works with the initial values, and fade later on. 

Other balance problem,  I have atm is, I can not increase my relationship status above lover. No matter how often I had activities, dates or sex with them, I am still at lover after more then 300 cycles despite trying to improve relationship

That you don't advance when you just stand around is IMHO not bad in most cases. So silent admirer should imho not completely ruled out. However, at the moment stalkers are again too picky. They stalk quite well when you visit them first, but at my 3rd or 4th visit in the powder gangster prison, they became quite lame. Seems as if stalking only works with the initial values, and fade later on. 

Other balance problem,  I have atm is, I can not increase my relationship status above lover. No matter how often I had activities, dates or sex with them, I am still at lover after more then 300 cycles despite trying to improve relationship

They may need adjusting.  Though stalkers that don't think they need to use force for various reasons probably won't stalk as much.  Which makes sense if you submitted the first time.

What does this return on the NPC in question?

NX_GetEVFl "SOI:Atr:CommitLmt" ;1 unused, 2 lover, 3 partner, 4 spouse

If it's 2, that's why.  If not, disposition/respect/trust is what you're aiming for.  Also an aggravation that is 'not' zero helps (under or over).  Do they have any love yet?  Are they showing affection from disposition gains?  These are the signs that the relationship is advancing romantically as opposed to sexually.

Technically all you need to do is get their love meter to 100.  Though if they're at their commitment limit they won't propose or accept no matter what their stats are.

Still needs work. NPCs have definitely become more picky in my game.  They're also more prone to spontaneity.  Sometimes I think they're not interested then out of nowhere they gain 15-20 points in one pass and start interacting.

Just standing around no longer seems to be a sure fire way to advance in all circumstances, but talking to the NPC often makes up for this.  It's definitely easy to tell which NPCs REALLY like the PC, though most of the population so far seems indifferent unless you chat them up.  Haven't tried it in large crowds yet.  Could use more feedback.

That explains why I haven't seen the dialog.  It's been a long time since anyone proposed to one of my Couriers.  Closest I came was when my last PC proposed to Boone and he said [Maybe].  Then he demanded sex, she decided to [humor] his request.  Turns out she was turning him down with humor, not humoring his demand.  Boone didn't like that at all and the relationship kind of flatlined.

I don't do too much standing around, maybe 2 or 3 cycles.  I've always been afraid to talk too many times to  an NPC, since after 2 or 3 exchanges I typically start getting [small talk] and I figure that's the point of diminishing returns and I go Gecko Hunting for a few days.  I might be writing NPC's off as a lost cause a little too soon.  I'll try making more of a pest of my Courier and see if anyone likes that.

To the stalker, there are always some Gangster I try to have activities with, and some I always reject, so alt least the later ones would have a reason continue stalking ;)

Person in question, I made a little log of her, I think you are better in reading it, but I got a 4 from the person in question ( anja )

Her disposition never seemed to move.  Disposition doesn't auto gain until after the PC is trusted.  Though it can only be lost two ways.  1. The NPC finds the player offensive (bad), or 2. The NPC has shifted a portion of the disposition points to trust (good).

Her disposition didn't go down steadily, so I'm going to guess she wasn't offended.  Trust is the primary indicator of advancing romantically.  It has several layers to it.

- Build up disposition through dialog.  You don't have to get it to 100, you just have to get it above their heart attribute.

- Once disposition is high enough, and the NPC is familiar, they will transfer a small portion of their disposition to trust.

- Disposition will drop a bit as a result of gaining trust.  Just keep building it back up again.

- Eventually the NPC will trust the player, and disposition will continue without leveling off.  Trust only drops by a hard offense.

- Maintain that trust and they have a chance to gain both disposition and love automatically.

- Aggravation must not be zero.  So get in a small argument with them, or give them a hug.

- NPCs can gain love through dialog when the player returns their affections.

- After all that, if love reaches 100 they should propose.

I've made a few changes in the new one.  Let me know how it goes?

EDIT:  There is another way to get a commitment using influence/inhibition/respect.  It needs work though and is much more complex.

Edited by t3589

That explains why I haven't seen the dialog.  It's been a long time since anyone proposed to one of my Couriers.  Closest I came was when my last PC proposed to Boone and he said [Maybe].  Then he demanded sex, she decided to [humor] his request.  Turns out she was turning him down with humor, not humoring his demand.  Boone didn't like that at all and the relationship kind of flatlined.

I don't do too much standing around, maybe 2 or 3 cycles.  I've always been afraid to talk too many times to  an NPC, since after 2 or 3 exchanges I typically start getting [small talk] and I figure that's the point of diminishing returns and I go Gecko Hunting for a few days.  I might be writing NPC's off as a lost cause a little too soon.  I'll try making more of a pest of my Courier and see if anyone likes that.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the first paragraph.  There's no fail at accommodating rough sex (humor)?

While it is true that only small talk will show up once the other dialog choices are exhausted, it can also show up when there are still some choices left.  In either case they should refresh once a day.  For example: 3 flirts per day standard.  Plus more when familiar.  Plus more while in an activity.  Plus more for partners.  Plus more for spouses.

There are a lot of them there on a daily basis.  Though they will test the players persistence/patience trying to get at them all. lol

I don't know if it was rough sex he intended.  It was during a night cap, and at one point Boone [Demands Sex], there was a list of possible responses, I chose [humor].  Got [Negative] response, we argued, never had sex and when the activity ended (think it was hanging out in Motel room ) he said goodbye, Courier did not ask him to stay and he left.  After that point there didn't seem to be much warmth left between them.  Then the kid grew a little and they stopped seeing each other at all.

Boone wasn't my last PC's first choice as a possible romantic partner (not even her first choice of gender) but he actually asked her out, which is more than most NPC's were doing.  I think he had a bit of stalker in him so maybe that's why he was more forward.

I should probably spend more time talking with NPC's after I start getting [small talk] responses.  Probably heading down the road right before things get more interesting.  When I finally get to the point where I can suggest an activity to someone I always seem to pick the wrong one.  When  an alcoholic partier says  [maybe later] when you suggest [booze?] you know that your Courier is socially challenged.

I don't know if it was rough sex he intended.  It was during a night cap, and at one point Boone [Demands Sex], there was a list of possible responses, I chose [humor].  Got [Negative] response, we argued, never had sex and when the activity ended (think it was hanging out in Motel room ) he said goodbye, Courier did not ask him to stay and he left.  After that point there didn't seem to be much warmth left between them.  Then the kid grew a little and they stopped seeing each other at all.

Boone wasn't my last PC's first choice as a possible romantic partner (not even her first choice of gender) but he actually asked her out, which is more than most NPC's were doing.  I think he had a bit of stalker in him so maybe that's why he was more forward.

I should probably spend more time talking with NPC's after I start getting [small talk] responses.  Probably heading down the road right before things get more interesting.  When I finally get to the point where I can suggest an activity to someone I always seem to pick the wrong one.  When  an alcoholic partier says  [maybe later] when you suggest [booze?] you know that your Courier is socially challenged.

I don't think there should be a negative response to humor, unless I mislabeled something.  I'll check it out.  Parenting needs more work as well.  Should probably be worked into visits.

A good indicator of chemistry is their gain base (Gns:Base in debug).  If it's low they probably just aren't into the player.  If it's high there's definitely something there to work with (sometimes in spite of their behavior).  High being in the teens.  Low being in the single digits.

EDIT: Manipulating attraction by getting apparel just right is also key.  You can no longer just set a bunch of sexy flags on your clothing and expect to get gains.  Now it's a matter of matching their tastes, and eliminating what they don't find appealing (hitting a specific target).

So in theory, it should be possible to get any NPC attracted to the player.  It's just a matter of catering to what they like as well as what they don't.

EDITx2:  It just occurred to me.  It's the terminology.  Humor just means play along.  Demand Sex is rough sex (consensual forced).  So he pretends to force the player, and the player chooses 'humor' to pretend to resist (but not really).

The correct response is not a negative response, it's actually a positive response.  So when he gets rough with you and says 'Lewd Insult', that's not a protest.  It's foreplay.

Edited by t3589

Good topic being discussed, related thought I'd share my happenings lately with relationships and love.

I've settled down (Female PC) at a nifty peaceful little place called Rita's Cafe, the doc there, she and I bonded and got along together very well from the start.
Over time with dates, hanging out and getting to know & trust each other we got closer, one night while I was at her place she asked nightcap and I went with it, why wouldn't I? I enjoyed being with her, My house isn't exactly close either and I did enough walking for today hunting for grub.
She offered booze, we drank, we danced and one thing lead to another and come near midnight we're doing some cunnilingus and fingering. Just lovely.

Blah blah we're a good match fast forward some and so she proposed to me now we're a happy couple for as long as it lasts. tongue.png

It's not often "simple" for me to meet a great match and form a great relationship, I do feel as if I got lucky, some NPCs really are pricks and I avoid them lol. (Whoa almost like real life?)

MTYB3X3t.jpg

GeuhbbVe.jpg

o1LlWY6j.jpg

baAF57dX.jpg

I've attached a log file if anyone is curious on how Love stats built up to her proposal and for record keeping sake.
If T wants to go over it and see if things look well or if anything seems out of place. All good?
(Notepad++ Line: 1304 and then 1415 normal?)(Line: 783 & 835?) (Love gain too much/quick? or just lucky me having great stats etc?)

A only gripe being I wished when the SOI NPC asks [Night Cap?] but they don't want to do the activity the PC suggests they will suggest one themselves (similar to Continue Activities?) instead rather than the dialog just cutting off and no night cap happening leaving the PC with a slight "Aww..." effect and the want to ask them "Hey what did you want to do instead then? I'm open."

FW, all else appears to be going well for me in SOI.

Log.txt

Poor Boone.  Once again miscommunication torpedoes a budding relationship :blush:   It's almost like real life.  I do remember a [Lewd Insult] near the end there although it's been a while since that happened.  But he defintely had [negative] response to humor.  I had initially thought that [humor] meant go along with him, so it threw me when I got a negative response.  Oh well, live and learn.

I never seem to get clothes right, I've been avoiding skimpy and slutty in my new playthrough (for now) but unless you see something in the console like legs! I don't really know how to tell if someone likes what Courier 6.2 is wearing.  I'll keep experimenting until I find "someone" special or the Battle of Hoover Dam, whichever comes first.

@7Keys - thanks for the story, it gives me something to aspire to.  I really like the UI I'm seeing in your screenshots of conversation.  Mine doesn't look like that.  Not jealous at all, no sirree.

Good topic being discussed, related thought I'd share my happenings lately with relationships and love.

I've settled down (Female PC) at a nifty peaceful little place called Rita's Cafe, the doc there, she and I bonded and got along together very well from the start.

Over time with dates, hanging out and getting to know & trust each other we got closer, one night while I was at her place she asked nightcap and I went with it, why wouldn't I? I enjoyed being with her, My house isn't exactly close either and I did enough walking for today hunting for grub.

She offered booze, we drank, we danced and one thing lead to another and come near midnight we're doing some cunnilingus and fingering. Just lovely.

Blah blah we're a good match fast forward some and so she proposed to me now we're a happy couple for as long as it lasts. tongue.png

It's not often "simple" for me to meet a great match and form a great relationship, I do feel as if I got lucky, some NPCs really are pricks and I avoid them lol. (Whoa almost like real life?)

MTYB3X3t.jpg

GeuhbbVe.jpg

o1LlWY6j.jpg

baAF57dX.jpg

I've attached a log file if anyone is curious on how Love stats built up to her proposal and for record keeping sake.

If T wants to go over it and see if things look well or if anything seems out of place. All good?

(Notepad++ Line: 1304 and then 1415 normal?)(Line: 783 & 835?) (Love gain too much/quick? or just lucky me having great stats etc?)

A only gripe being I wished when the SOI NPC asks [Night Cap?] but they don't want to do the activity the PC suggests they will suggest one themselves (similar to Continue Activities?) instead rather than the dialog just cutting off and no night cap happening leaving the PC with a slight "Aww..." effect and the want to ask them "Hey what did you want to do instead then? I'm open."

FW, all else appears to be going well for me in SOI.

attachicon.gifLog.txt

Well at least someone is getting there.  Well done.  So far in my play through most of the NPCs rolled a commit limit of lover.  Something I should mention is that commit limits can change.  Which is what I'm trying to do now in my game.

Trying to play on Meyers low inhibitions, which in turn gains influence, which in turn lowers conviction.  I'm trying to get his convictions low enough so that he 'gains' a commit limit (from lover to partner).  Though he'll probably also give up stalking as a result if I'm successful. Just a sidebar.

There's a difference between a stat 'roll over' and a 'loss'.  What you experienced on line 1304/1415 was a roll over.  So technically the love stat on line 1415 is actually '101'.  The 100 that you're not seeing has already been applied in various ways to all aspects of the relationship (you don't lose it, it's just a matter of practicality).

I'll see what I can do about night caps.

Good deal.  As long as you're having fun.

Poor Boone.  Once again miscommunication torpedoes a budding relationship :blush:   It's almost like real life.  I do remember a [Lewd Insult] near the end there although it's been a while since that happened.  But he defintely had [negative] response to humor.  I had initially thought that [humor] meant go along with him, so it threw me when I got a negative response.  Oh well, live and learn.

I never seem to get clothes right, I've been avoiding skimpy and slutty in my new playthrough (for now) but unless you see something in the console like legs! I don't really know how to tell if someone likes what Courier 6.2 is wearing.  I'll keep experimenting until I find "someone" special or the Battle of Hoover Dam, whichever comes first.

@7Keys - thanks for the story, it gives me something to aspire to.  I really like the UI I'm seeing in your screenshots of conversation.  Mine doesn't look like that.  Not jealous at all, no sirree.

I can't remember if there was a negative response on humor, but there definitely isn't one now.  Something to note is that rough sex can be a dangerous game to play with stalkers.  If the NPC is dom and likes rough sex that's one thing.  But when they are stalkers, the potential that things could go from fantasy to reality if the player makes the wrong choice is there.

I never set clothing for the sole purpose of eliciting a response.  Though I do change outfits for that purpose.  I generally leave all settings as they are unless it warrants a change.  The apparel settings are there to 'fill in the blanks' for appearance accuracy, not as an attraction control mechanism.

So when I set clothing up I'm not thinking of any particular NPC, I'm thinking of the clothing article.  I alternate between work clothes and casual.  So my PC is usually wearing work clothes when I first meet an NPC (ass/legs, and that's it, nothing else).

After a day of questing my PC will go home and put on casual clothes (legs/breasts, and that's it, nothing else).  Then I'll take the PC to various towns/locations to interact/hang out until bed time.  Sometimes on a sexy date at home, I'll have the PC wear something slutty/sexy.  After sex at home/motel I'll often only have the PC wear underwear and continue the rest of the date/visit like that.

And that's another thing I should mention.  NPCs WILL react differently in private.  For example: A prudish NPC that doesn't like your slutty outfit in public (hint hint), probably won't have any complaints once you get them alone (if compatible).  So attraction IS a situational meter that is affected by the population as well.

Yeah I haven't had much luck romantically yet either.  Though I only have about a dozen or so NPCs added so far.  Needs more testing.

New one up with minor adjustments to gains.  Stalkers might be a bit less flat now?  I appreciate all the feedback folks, tyvm.

EDIT: More of the same.  Removed several attraction drops due to accentuated clothing preferences.  Should pep them up a bit.

Edited by t3589

Ran into something odd.  Went for a walk with Easy Pete, started normally, he did his opening comment, we walked stopped and talked and then walked some more.  After a while it seemed like the walk was awfully long and I realized I hadn't seem him flash orange.  Noticed in the console that there was no activity countdown.  When I talked to him it said we were in an activity and he would respond normally.  The walk started about 5 pm and at midnight I reloaded an earlier save game.  Two days prior to that we had gone for a walk in Goodsprings and it worked normally.  The only difference I can see in the two activities was in the latter case he headed out into the desert towards abandoned shack and the Yangtzee Memorial.  Had to shoot two coyotes that were starting to go hostile from our being too close.  Is it possible to somehow lose the countdown timer for an activity?  Didn't see anything unusual in the console other than the absence of an activity counter.

Encountered a [Demand Sex] and this time it proceeded the way it was supposed too with a [Lewd Insult].  So whatever happened with Boone that time has been fixed in one of the intervening updates.

I think the new numbers are working better for me.  Relationship building is still slow, but there are a few familiars now and some people seem to actually like my PC, although most seem to be pretty indifferent.  Easy Pete seems to be taking a real liking to Courier although these May-December "romances" never seem to work out in the long run.  So how does the Courier satisfy her new lover's Voyeur Kink?  Bring a girlfriend home for sex in front of him (she wishes), dance topless at the Aces Theater while he is there or maybe just hang out topless?

Ran into something odd.  Went for a walk with Easy Pete, started normally, he did his opening comment, we walked stopped and talked and then walked some more.  After a while it seemed like the walk was awfully long and I realized I hadn't seem him flash orange.  Noticed in the console that there was no activity countdown.  When I talked to him it said we were in an activity and he would respond normally.  The walk started about 5 pm and at midnight I reloaded an earlier save game.  Two days prior to that we had gone for a walk in Goodsprings and it worked normally.  The only difference I can see in the two activities was in the latter case he headed out into the desert towards abandoned shack and the Yangtzee Memorial.  Had to shoot two coyotes that were starting to go hostile from our being too close.  Is it possible to somehow lose the countdown timer for an activity?  Didn't see anything unusual in the console other than the absence of an activity counter.

Encountered a [Demand Sex] and this time it proceeded the way it was supposed too with a [Lewd Insult].  So whatever happened with Boone that time has been fixed in one of the intervening updates.

I think the new numbers are working better for me.  Relationship building is still slow, but there are a few familiars now and some people seem to actually like my PC, although most seem to be pretty indifferent.  Easy Pete seems to be taking a real liking to Courier although these May-December "romances" never seem to work out in the long run.  So how does the Courier satisfy her new lover's Voyeur Kink?  Bring a girlfriend home for sex in front of him (she wishes), dance topless at the Aces Theater while he is there or maybe just hang out topless?

It was probably what you mentioned.  The scanner will ignore NPCs that are in combat, and stop processing completely when the player is in combat.  I might be able to fix this with some kind of dropped marker.  Currently the player is the marker.  Which means they will only walk so far from the player.  The side effect being that when you follow them, you're just giving them more leash so to speak.

I'm not sure.  Right now voyeur just means 'enjoys exhibition'.  I don't think it should mean 'cuck', but I think it fits more for a stranger secretly watching a couple when it comes to peeping on sex acts.  Ideas are welcome.

And that's another thing I should mention.  NPCs WILL react differently in private.  For example: A prudish NPC that doesn't like your slutty outfit in public (hint hint), probably won't have any complaints once you get them alone (if compatible).  So attraction IS a situational meter that is affected by the population as well.

Yeah I haven't had much luck romantically yet either.  Though I only have about a dozen or so NPCs added so far.  Needs more testing.

Would be nice to have some feedback from NPCs, otherwise it's hard to tell whether the reaction is a flaw or a feature. ;) In your example maybe something like, I don't like how you run around in such skimpy clothes in public. However, the question would remain, what does a prudish NPC do in the Wrangler ... :P

What I have at the moment, ( started a new game ) I have some quite fast desire/lust increases with a few NPCs, but after one or 2 activities and one time sex/or almost sex ( nice ) - desire went down and never get up again. What could that be?

Would be nice to have some feedback from NPCs, otherwise it's hard to tell whether the reaction is a flaw or a feature. ;) In your example maybe something like, I don't like how you run around in such skimpy clothes in public. However, the question would remain, what does a prudish NPC do in the Wrangler ... :P

What I have at the moment, ( started a new game ) I have some quite fast desire/lust increases with a few NPCs, but after one or 2 activities and one time sex/or almost sex ( nice ) - desire went down and never get up again. What could that be?

I'm trying to come up with some kind of cheat sheet now.  Might be a minute, but eventually I would like to have all their stats + history information displayed through the settings dialog like some sort of character profile.

I get where you're coming from, but I'm not sure I can do that without some kind of dialog/thought bubble.  I used prudish (NPCs that actually tell you they don't like it) as the extreme example of how privacy can even affect them.  If they don't get on the PCs case for it, then they aren't prudish.  But just because they don't find it offensive, doesn't mean they will think slutty is attractive.

So you're saying that NPCs which find the PCs appearance neither attractive, nor offensive should...?

Among some of the recent changes, I've lengthened the satisfaction meter after sex/certain dialogs (afterglow).  Their desire will come back up when their satisfaction wears off.  I can't remember if I put a 'clear' on it for the daily absence check, but if there isn't I'll put one in for the next copy.