Sexout Intimacy

If two NPCs group up together (to stalk, I think that's what they're doing?), it spams the notification in the upper left corner, continuously. So much so, that actions from other NPCs, are delayed, and even if you leave the cell, the notification continues for quite awhile longer.

I'm using the version V6.9.

On 2/12/2023 at 12:39 PM, Obamaisded said:

How do i initate sex through dialogue? It says [sexual] then I confess then I say [single] and nothing happens. 

It's a conversation.  Dialog choices within the conversation may or may not lead to sex, but there is no 'do sex' button.

25 minutes ago, CherryNebula said:

If two NPCs group up together (to stalk, I think that's what they're doing?), it spams the notification in the upper left corner, continuously. So much so, that actions from other NPCs, are delayed, and even if you leave the cell, the notification continues for quite awhile longer.

I'm using the version V6.9.

Thanks again.  Should be fixed, posted to 2nd post.

• 2 weeks later...

So which script is actually checking if a NPC will get an "action" package in the next cycle?

The relationship/friendship aspect on my end feels so inconsistent the more time elapses with Included companions. I know, that with JIPCC installed, it creates all sorts of problems, and as for now, I am trying to determine where exactly this mod "fails" to deliver packages to a companion with both mods activated.

For example, have been debugging one of my companions for some time, and this is what the console was spewing out:

image.png.183fde27eccb89b4c3c5c966c6588dcd.png

What exactly could be causing this infinite queueing (this continued on and on)? 

Edited by dongding
1 hour ago, dongding said:

So which script is actually checking if a NPC will get an "action" package in the next cycle?

The relationship/friendship aspect on my end feels so inconsistent the more time elapses with Included companions. I know, that with JIPCC installed, it creates all sorts of problems, and as for now, I am trying to determine where exactly this mod "fails" to deliver packages to a companion with both mods activated.

For example, have been debugging one of my companions for some time, and this is what the console was spewing out:

image.png.183fde27eccb89b4c3c5c966c6588dcd.png

What exactly could be causing this infinite queueing (this continued on and on)? 

Actions are calculated in 'fnSOIEvalActs', which runs during stage 4 of each cycle (represented in the debug you posted as Cycle #).  Though it doesn't always produce an action.

JIPCC being active should have no effect.  It's when JIPCC takes control of packaging at the same time that SOIntimacy is trying to do the same thing that problems arise.  They'll fight over packaging back and forth.  JIPCC will usually dominate because SOIntimacy will give up after trying too many times.  While JIPCC is constant.

The infinite queueing has always been there, because that's how SOIntimacy works.  If you're in the presence of the NPC, they will queue.

The debug you posted looks 100% normal.  I don't understand what the problem is exactly?

EDIT: For more insight on packaging turn on package debug.  You'll see what packages are vying for control.  Whether they're JIPCC packages or vanilla.

Note that those aren't repeating stages. EX: Stage 1 of Cycle 46, is not the same as Stage 1 of Cycle 47.

Edited by t3589

Not sure why it's like that, but whenever I happen to add someone to Intimacy and make them a teammate via JIPCC or via normal vanilla conversations, they at first work as intended, but when times moves on they talk less and less, until they are completely devoid of any actions.

For example, Star Paladin Cross, I add her to the list with my parameters, and she is doing fine, almost immediately runs up to me after she got added, and starts a conversations, we move from the Citadel to Megaton, she starts up conversations in the Player house, everything's dandy, but as soon as some days expire, respectively some wasteland adventures later, she JUST follows me around without doing anything (I try to just walk, or sit around in the house for testing purposes and nothing happens -> see Debug. Didn't have any arguments either). 

When she is follwing me, she usually has the normal Follow package active (from Fallout.esm).

Now, the question of course is, are there like fixed time intervals when a NPC gets like a 10% random chance to engage in an action, or can actions happen x times consecutively. And if the latter case can happen, then I have the feeling that JIPCC or some other mod is somehow intercepting the packages, because non-companion/team mate NPC's I added to Intimacy seem to work far more reliably. 

3 hours ago, dongding said:

Not sure why it's like that, but whenever I happen to add someone to Intimacy and make them a teammate via JIPCC or via normal vanilla conversations, they at first work as intended, but when times moves on they talk less and less, until they are completely devoid of any actions.

For example, Star Paladin Cross, I add her to the list with my parameters, and she is doing fine, almost immediately runs up to me after she got added, and starts a conversations, we move from the Citadel to Megaton, she starts up conversations in the Player house, everything's dandy, but as soon as some days expire, respectively some wasteland adventures later, she JUST follows me around without doing anything (I try to just walk, or sit around in the house for testing purposes and nothing happens -> see Debug. Didn't have any arguments either). 

When she is follwing me, she usually has the normal Follow package active (from Fallout.esm).

Now, the question of course is, are there like fixed time intervals when a NPC gets like a 10% random chance to engage in an action, or can actions happen x times consecutively. And if the latter case can happen, then I have the feeling that JIPCC or some other mod is somehow intercepting the packages, because non-companion/team mate NPC's I added to Intimacy seem to work far more reliably. 

To answer your question actions can actually stack.  So they could be running around with up to 5 actions that they have not yet performed at any given time.

A couple things you could try.

Reports should be enabled by default (NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Sys:Report" 1).  Try enabling behavior reports (NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Behavior" 1).  This should print their actions to the console and tell you if they have any actions.

If they all come back null then that's why she doesn't do anything.  She has no actions.  Try setting one manually (NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Bhv:Disposition" 1).  Does she approach then?

Also turn on package debug and look for 'SOIScrptChkPkg:Suppress: (PackageREF)'.  If you see that it means SOIntimacy is trying to suppress a package that is in the way.  Note from the package reference which mod is running packages on her.

If she has no actions but can perform them by setting one manually, this tells me she's just not acquiring any.  If she has actions but isn't performing them, this tells me that some other packaging is in the way.

Another thing to consider is compatibility.  Is she compatible?  If not, then her approaches will probably happen far less often than if she were.  The most common approach for incompatibles is rumors.

Once you've figured all that out let me know and I can dig a bit deeper.

EDIT: Lastly, you could also try freeing her from teammate and remove her from JIPCC.  Does she go back to normal then?

Edited by t3589
On 3/9/2023 at 6:22 AM, raph_kazute2729 said:

Hey lads, little new to these kinds of things but what does it mean when (insert char name) is excluded? I must be doing something wrong, and I keep pressing the hotkey needed to initiate a conversation but I can't. Any tips? Cheers!

Docs/SexoutIntimacy/settings.txt

On 3/9/2023 at 1:57 AM, t3589 said:

To answer your question actions can actually stack.  So they could be running around with up to 5 actions that they have not yet performed at any given time.

A couple things you could try.

Reports should be enabled by default (NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Sys:Report" 1).  Try enabling behavior reports (NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Behavior" 1).  This should print their actions to the console and tell you if they have any actions.

If they all come back null then that's why she doesn't do anything.  She has no actions.  Try setting one manually (NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Bhv:Disposition" 1).  Does she approach then?

Also turn on package debug and look for 'SOIScrptChkPkg:Suppress: (PackageREF)'.  If you see that it means SOIntimacy is trying to suppress a package that is in the way.  Note from the package reference which mod is running packages on her.

If she has no actions but can perform them by setting one manually, this tells me she's just not acquiring any.  If she has actions but isn't performing them, this tells me that some other packaging is in the way.

Another thing to consider is compatibility.  Is she compatible?  If not, then her approaches will probably happen far less often than if she were.  The most common approach for incompatibles is rumors.

Once you've figured all that out let me know and I can dig a bit deeper.

EDIT: Lastly, you could also try freeing her from teammate and remove her from JIPCC.  Does she go back to normal then?

She got added with these values:

StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Sys:Include" 1
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ornt:Bisexual" 1
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:CommitLmt" 2
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:WillPower" 75
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Temper" 75
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Morals" 75
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Libido" 50
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Atr:Heart" 80
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Mtr:Submissive" 25
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Mtr:Dominant" 75
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Mtr:Promiscuity" 50
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Masochist" 1
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Voyeur" 1
        StarPaladinCrossREF.NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Ftsh:Group" 1
        set IntimacyCross to 2

and at first was approaching me with [OFFER FOOD/OFFER DRINKS] sometimes, though I declined most of the time since the locations were not appropriate for such an action. She also did [ADVANCE] on me once during home and we went for it, but after one or two days, nothing is happening anymore (respectively she is not approaching me anymore).

If I talk to her, I get the [FAMILIAR GREETING], sometimes [GIRL TALK], and the disposition is mutual [FAMILIAR GREETING] -> [GIRL TALK] -> [DISPOSITION]. Mod is not trying to to suppress any packages and these are her values as for now (which haven't changed even once during my testing period):

ScreenShot1802.jpeg

Edited by dongding
6 hours ago, dongding said:

She got added with these values:

and at first was approaching me with [OFFER FOOD/OFFER DRINKS] sometimes, though I declined most of the time since the locations were not appropriate for such an action. She also did [ADVANCE] on me once during home and we went for it, but after one or two days, nothing is happening anymore (respectively she is not approaching me anymore).

If I talk to her, I get the [FAMILIAR GREETING], sometimes [GIRL TALK], and the disposition is mutual [FAMILIAR GREETING] -> [GIRL TALK] -> [DISPOSITION]. Mod is not trying to to suppress any packages and these are her values as for now (which haven't changed even once during my testing period):

ScreenShot1802.jpeg

Okay I think I see what's up.  Unfortunately I think it's working as intended.

I've added debug to the action evaluation script for queue debug.  I've also enabled attraction debug.

You might want to enable meter reports and have a look (NX_SetEVFl "SOI:Rpt:Meter" 1).  Meters can change, and the way you have her set up her dom/sub meters are bound to slide due to the masochist fetish (not very compatible with dominant personalities).

Her behavior profile is also feminine (SOI:Bhv:Gender = 1).  Which means she's not likely to be too aggressive in her approaches.  She wants the PC to take the lead when it comes to interactions.  If her sub meter has risen, even more so.

Though you do say she's in the green on disposition.  She should at least approach on those terms occasionally.  However you've set her heart attribute to 80, which means she's kind of hard hearted.  That works against disposition approaches (not into pleasantries).

All in all I'd say you've created one mixed up kitten there. lol  I don't think it has anything to do with teammate/JIPCC.

I'd be willing to bet if you lower her heart attribute she'll pester you non-stop with lovey dovey approaches.

I'll post the copy with the debug changes to the 2nd post.  The action evaluation script should now show you if she has acquired any actions with queue debug enabled.  So at least you can nix the behavior reports.

Let me know how it goes and I'll see if I can tweak it a bit if necessary.

EDIT: You could also try changing her behavior profile to masculine (SOI:Bhv:Gender = 2).  This should make her more aggressive in her approaches.  Note that this is separate from SOI:Ornt:Gender, which is the role she sees herself fulfilling in the relationship.

Edited by t3589

What @dongding reported happened to me with Willow and some other companions (all custom, none from vanilla). At some point they simply stopped following me (not all at once, mind you). They just stand at the entrance of the cell, with no actions on their own. Not even PC head tracking or looking at PC when talking. They still reacted at hostiles tho. Anyway, after a couple of unsuccessful attempt to "fix" them by traveling / sleeping / fast traveling / sending to player home / sending to suite / etc, I remembered what @t3589 repeated numerous times: don't use SOI on a companion.

So yeah, even is nice to wonder around and killing stuff with your spouse / lover I'm afraid that's not possible without the risk of breaking complex companions. Main problem here is... vanilla NPCs are so damn fkn ugly lol. One of the reasons you get a custom companion is to have a pleasant (and maybe helpful) presence around you. And when your companion looks like a fashion magazine model compared to your "wife"... well, you can see how this becomes problematic.

How I solved it? Well, I have "coito ego sum" installed. I took my pick from NPCs there. The fire-girls from Pahrump look nice, one of your prostitutes looks nice as well (Angie), the school teacher is even nicer imo. So I set my "base" in Pahrump player house and when I feel the need for flirting, I go there. Ah, and from vanilla game the NCR embassy secretary (Lisa) looks quite well, Sarah is nice (and after I finished her quest I didn't care if her packages gets messed up), Atomic Wrangler crier and King's grupies - named them Blondie and Scarlet for obvious reasons - are also very nice (but you have to remove their reserved status). 

So there it is. Giving something back to community, right?

Cheers.

5 hours ago, tahadar said:

What @dongding reported happened to me with Willow and some other companions (all custom, none from vanilla). At some point they simply stopped following me (not all at once, mind you). They just stand at the entrance of the cell, with no actions on their own. Not even PC head tracking or looking at PC when talking. They still reacted at hostiles tho. Anyway, after a couple of unsuccessful attempt to "fix" them by traveling / sleeping / fast traveling / sending to player home / sending to suite / etc, I remembered what @t3589 repeated numerous times: don't use SOI on a companion.

So yeah, even is nice to wonder around and killing stuff with your spouse / lover I'm afraid that's not possible without the risk of breaking complex companions. Main problem here is... vanilla NPCs are so damn fkn ugly lol. One of the reasons you get a custom companion is to have a pleasant (and maybe helpful) presence around you. And when your companion looks like a fashion magazine model compared to your "wife"... well, you can see how this becomes problematic.

How I solved it? Well, I have "coito ego sum" installed. I took my pick from NPCs there. The fire-girls from Pahrump look nice, one of your prostitutes looks nice as well (Angie), the school teacher is even nicer imo. So I set my "base" in Pahrump player house and when I feel the need for flirting, I go there. Ah, and from vanilla game the NCR embassy secretary (Lisa) looks quite well, Sarah is nice (and after I finished her quest I didn't care if her packages gets messed up), Atomic Wrangler crier and King's grupies - named them Blondie and Scarlet for obvious reasons - are also very nice (but you have to remove their reserved status). 

So there it is. Giving something back to community, right?

Cheers.

The thing is it's a very precarious balance to strike.  I don't want to barrage the player with approaches, never giving them a moments peace.  I also want to factor in personality types.  It can be tricky at best.

This kind of 'dead air' seems to happen mostly to female NPCs.  I wonder if anyone gets this with Boone for example?  Since the sexes are factored into personality types, they each have their leanings.

I've increased the chance of approach acquisition.  In my testing so far, it has provided a noticeable boost (activity approaches are nearly annoying).  Needs more testing.  Posted to the 2nd post.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried out the file in the second post (7.0), and whenever sexy time was initiated, I'd get flooded with something along the lines of npc is waiting for sexoutpos in the console. Which permanently locked the pc and npc in place, just facing each other. I rolled it bac,k to 6.9, and didn't have that issue anymore. Just to make sure I didn't bork anything up, I reinstalled everything with a fresh save, and still got that issue.

Occasionally, it would work as intended, but the majority of the time, it would bug out like that.

Oh and what's up with NPCs that ask for a commitment, but once I agree, they argue with me. I don't have any rumors going on, not in a relationship, and they're persistent in asking for a commitment, but then get super bitchy if I agree.  I've started to decline them and outright reject them, and still I get nailed with a complaining and arguing fallout from them. So I said screw it, started pursing someone else, and now they're hitting me with jealousy and just being a total prick to the other NPC. I have zero idea what's going on or if maybe they have some fetish that makes them a jerk and I'm just not understanding it?

2 hours ago, CherryNebula said:

I tried out the file in the second post (7.0), and whenever sexy time was initiated, I'd get flooded with something along the lines of npc is waiting for sexoutpos in the console. Which permanently locked the pc and npc in place, just facing each other. I rolled it bac,k to 6.9, and didn't have that issue anymore. Just to make sure I didn't bork anything up, I reinstalled everything with a fresh save, and still got that issue.

Occasionally, it would work as intended, but the majority of the time, it would bug out like that.

Oh and what's up with NPCs that ask for a commitment, but once I agree, they argue with me. I don't have any rumors going on, not in a relationship, and they're persistent in asking for a commitment, but then get super bitchy if I agree.  I've started to decline them and outright reject them, and still I get nailed with a complaining and arguing fallout from them. So I said screw it, started pursing someone else, and now they're hitting me with jealousy and just being a total prick to the other NPC. I have zero idea what's going on or if maybe they have some fetish that makes them a jerk and I'm just not understanding it?

That's a new one on me.  I'm not getting that issue it at all on my end.  Did you update SCR?  SOIntimacy doesn't alter SexoutPositioning in any way.

The copy in the second post is an active copy.  Think of it as a not-so-nightly nightly test build.  Make sure you're using the current copy and not one you downloaded the other day.

If all of that is in order then yeah.. I'm not sure what's going on there.   If I can reproduce it or run into it I'll certainly tackle it.

Always clean save the dialog esp when updating (or randoms get stuck).  Yes it was intentional.  Your assessment was correct they were just being a prick.  Could probably use some tuning though.  Do they have the tease fetish?

1 hour ago, t3589 said:

That's a new one on me.  I'm not getting that issue it at all on my end.  Did you update SCR?  SOIntimacy doesn't alter SexoutPositioning in any way.

The copy in the second post is an active copy.  Think of it as a not-so-nightly nightly test build.  Make sure you're using the current copy and not one you downloaded the other day.

If all of that is in order then yeah.. I'm not sure what's going on there.   If I can reproduce it or run into it I'll certainly tackle it.

Always clean save the dialog esp when updating (or randoms get stuck).  Yes it was intentional.  Your assessment was correct they were just being a prick.  Could probably use some tuning though.  Do they have the tease fetish?

I'll download the 7.0 again, and see if maybe I picked it up before you uploaded an updated copy.

No tease fetish, they're actually pretty vanilla in terms of fetishes. They do have a real shitty will power which sits at 7. But their heart level is a 5. So maybe they're just the NPC equivalent of a hotheaded, over emotional prick lol. They wanna fight over commitment that they offered, but then they're gonna get even madder when I give up and pursue someone else. I dunno. I find funny because the sheer amount of absurdity that NPC has added, made my gameplay so much more entertaining. At this point, all I gotta do is walk into where they're at, have a seat, and watch drama unfold. I added like 5 other NPCs in, just to test how fast he goes from happy to threatening everyone within scanning distance of him. Turns out, pretty damn fast. Every last one of those NPCs, is now his rival, they all dislike him as well. I started ignoring him, which did not sit well with him, and has led him to just start relentlessly stalking me. Can NPCs acquire fetishes through interactions or is it set when they get added in?

18 minutes ago, CherryNebula said:

I'll download the 7.0 again, and see if maybe I picked it up before you uploaded an updated copy.

No tease fetish, they're actually pretty vanilla in terms of fetishes. They do have a real shitty will power which sits at 7. But their heart level is a 5. So maybe they're just the NPC equivalent of a hotheaded, over emotional prick lol. They wanna fight over commitment that they offered, but then they're gonna get even madder when I give up and pursue someone else. I dunno. I find funny because the sheer amount of absurdity that NPC has added, made my gameplay so much more entertaining. At this point, all I gotta do is walk into where they're at, have a seat, and watch drama unfold. I added like 5 other NPCs in, just to test how fast he goes from happy to threatening everyone within scanning distance of him. Turns out, pretty damn fast. Every last one of those NPCs, is now his rival, they all dislike him as well. I started ignoring him, which did not sit well with him, and has led him to just start relentlessly stalking me. Can NPCs acquire fetishes through interactions or is it set when they get added in?

There's a chance they'll acquire fetishes post sex dialog.  Technically you can set the heart that low but I wouldn't go below 10 on any attribute unless you want a highly unstable character.

2 hours ago, t3589 said:

There's a chance they'll acquire fetishes post sex dialog.  Technically you can set the heart that low but I wouldn't go below 10 on any attribute unless you want a highly unstable character.

So anytime I add an NPC in, and they got a single digit attribute, I should change it manually to at least a 10, to keep an NPC from being too unstable? I'm gonna take a peak at the other NPC stats, and change them up if they're that low, but I think he's the only one that came in that low. I checked out his other attributes, and his libido is 11 and so are his morals, so he's just a really unstable horny, angry mess then.

7 hours ago, CherryNebula said:

So anytime I add an NPC in, and they got a single digit attribute, I should change it manually to at least a 10, to keep an NPC from being too unstable? I'm gonna take a peak at the other NPC stats, and change them up if they're that low, but I think he's the only one that came in that low. I checked out his other attributes, and his libido is 11 and so are his morals, so he's just a really unstable horny, angry mess then.

Actually the generation script isn't supposed to hand out attribute values below 10.  Maybe I made a mistake somewhere.  I'll look into it.

EDIT:  I've adjusted attribute generation for libido and heart.  It shouldn't break anything if you set them lower.  Though it will make them a little bit crazy.  Once you get into the single digits it tends to mimic obsession.

A single digit libido is like some hypersexual disorder, while a single digit heart is like the person who secretly creates a shrine to their crush in their basement.  Creepy.  Watch your back!

I've tweaked it a bit.  Posted to the second post.

Edited by t3589
8 hours ago, t3589 said:

Actually the generation script isn't supposed to hand out attribute values below 10.  Maybe I made a mistake somewhere.  I'll look into it.

EDIT:  I've adjusted attribute generation for libido and heart.  It shouldn't break anything if you set them lower.  Though it will make them a little bit crazy.  Once you get into the single digits it tends to mimic obsession.

A single digit libido is like some hypersexual disorder, while a single digit heart is like the person who secretly creates a shrine to their crush in their basement.  Creepy.  Watch your back!

I've tweaked it a bit.  Posted to the second post.

The single digit ones has only happened with this NPC and one other, out of a whole lotta of them, through different play throughs and versions. Probably was just a hiccup when I updated and something got a bit screwy somewhere. Other than those two, I haven't had any others be added in like that before. I'll keep an eye out and see if it happens again, and let you know.

Yeah so I downloaded the file in the second post, and decided to manually alter the attributes of some NPCs that I was familiar with, all the way down to 1. Holy shit, are they unhinged now. I'm getting stalked, they get pissed if I decline a gift from them (which they've begun relentlessly offering), going nuts at other NPCs- Threatening, warnings and insults at anyone I talk to, almost immediately after I talk to the other NPCs. It seems like they're constantly trying to keep the attention on them, by offering food, drinks, whatever they can to keep me focusing on them. And it looks like whenever I talk to them, rumors start stacking up with them. I went from zero rumors, to 5 of them, just by talking to one of the altered NPCs a couple times. Funny to witness though. Might have to keep a couple like that, just because of how deranged they are now.

Edited by CherryNebula

T, so tired did an NPC get of my constant declining of an actual relationship, that I find my PC forced into one, by that same NPC. Guess I have a partner now. Which is fair, I suppose. I'd get tired of my bullshit too, but definitely did not expect that. Now I gotta find out what else you put into the newest version.

16 hours ago, CherryNebula said:

T, so tired did an NPC get of my constant declining of an actual relationship, that I find my PC forced into one, by that same NPC. Guess I have a partner now. Which is fair, I suppose. I'd get tired of my bullshit too, but definitely did not expect that. Now I gotta find out what else you put into the newest version.

Did you get the forced partner?  I've been waiting to test that but never get it.  Were they drunk?

26 minutes ago, t3589 said:

Did you get the forced partner?  I've been waiting to test that but never get it.  Were they drunk?

Yes, I got the forced partner. As for the NPC being drunk, nope. I had been hanging out with this particular NPC, just testing to see what respect amount I'd get if I chose the love dialogue, since for some NPCs I get a good boost to it, others, not so much. Anyways, he kept wanting a commitment, and I wasn't interested, but didn't want to just be harsh and reject him, so I just declined him- many, many times. I wasn't even in an activity with him, I just chatted him up after being gone for a couple days, chose the love dialogue to try and see if time apart had any effect on respect, and he just flat out forced it. I just played it as he's just thinking I'm playing hard to get and finally had enough. Especially since there was another NPC that I was chummy with, who he very much did not like. Maybe the tension from that rivalry and the him wanting a commitment pushed it over to that?

Edited by CherryNebula
17 hours ago, CherryNebula said:

Yes, I got the forced partner. As for the NPC being drunk, nope. I had been hanging out with this particular NPC, just testing to see what respect amount I'd get if I chose the love dialogue, since for some NPCs I get a good boost to it, others, not so much. Anyways, he kept wanting a commitment, and I wasn't interested, but didn't want to just be harsh and reject him, so I just declined him- many, many times. I wasn't even in an activity with him, I just chatted him up after being gone for a couple days, chose the love dialogue to try and see if time apart had any effect on respect, and he just flat out forced it. I just played it as he's just thinking I'm playing hard to get and finally had enough. Especially since there was another NPC that I was chummy with, who he very much did not like. Maybe the tension from that rivalry and the him wanting a commitment pushed it over to that?

You always get the good stuff.  I have never hit on that dialog to test it, and it's been in there for a while.  So I'm not sure how I want to flesh it out.

The idea is that 'they' think the commitment is binding, but the PC is not rightfully bound by their 'declaration'.   The other angle is that they made the declaration while drunk, and once they've sobered up and come to their senses maybe regret it.

It's kind of supposed to work like an opinion.  In their opinion they are partnered (but with no legal standing).  So far the options are to play along, ignore it, or put them in their place by divorce.

I wouldn't mind some other options to deal with it.  I had planned on splitting up the drunken path so that when they're sober the player can confront them.  Or perhaps they have completely forgotten the events of the night before.  Temporary partnership?

Still needs work.

On 3/27/2023 at 7:00 AM, t3589 said:

You always get the good stuff.  I have never hit on that dialog to test it, and it's been in there for a while.  So I'm not sure how I want to flesh it out.

The idea is that 'they' think the commitment is binding, but the PC is not rightfully bound by their 'declaration'.   The other angle is that they made the declaration while drunk, and once they've sobered up and come to their senses maybe regret it.

It's kind of supposed to work like an opinion.  In their opinion they are partnered (but with no legal standing).  So far the options are to play along, ignore it, or put them in their place by divorce.

I wouldn't mind some other options to deal with it.  I had planned on splitting up the drunken path so that when they're sober the player can confront them.  Or perhaps they have completely forgotten the events of the night before.  Temporary partnership?

Still needs work.

I got it again, with another NPC. Same circumstances. Wasn't drunk, wasn't in an activity. He kept trying for a commitment and I'd decline him quite a few times. I added a couple other NPCs into the mix to kind of make him a bit pissy and insecure, about maybe I'm interested in someone else now, and he hit me with it when I chose the love option randomly. So it seems like I get it- although very rarely- if there's already pressure for a commitment from the NPC, coupled with rivalry tensions. Neither one of them seems to regret it, and are quite pleasant and devoted now. Which is interesting, because they were a bit dickish beforehand. Maybe that chilled them out, thinking they finally won? They do still get a bug up their butt, and threaten/insult/warn any other NPC that is trying to cozy up to me. It does seem to play out like they're just fed up with being declined and possibly having competition. So maybe one path is that they've had enough of being declined and aren't giving the PC the option to decline anymore. Like the PC is saying loving stuff and now it's time to pony up a relationship. Maybe those with a dominate fetish are way more prone to that, but it'd still be a path for any NPC if they've had enough of being declined and want that commitment. A second drunken/high path would definitely be interesting. I could see it happen especially if they have lowered inhibitions, dom/sadist fetish/ higher gang level. Maybe rejecting the forced commitment causes them to dole out abuse, threaten, or whatever, in order to get their way. That would leave open a confrontation response from the PC, afterwards.

EDIT: I decided to try out and see what happens if I break up with them. One NPC was cool with it. No hard feelings, right away agreed to break up. Still desperately tries to get into my pants. Is not successful. His gang level is 1.

Now this other asshole, I tried to break up with him, and damn if he didn't slap the ever loving shit out of me everytime. I've tried breaking up with him 5 times now, and every time, he refuses, abuses, argues, or ignores me. I have spent soooo many caps, on repairing armor after he's done with refusing the break up. He's a Powder Ganger with a level 2 gang level. So a very domineering, low karma, wakes up and chooses violence type of NPC.

Edited by CherryNebula