CTD with alternate starts/teleports

Kendansa

Lately (in the past few days) I've been having CTD during alternate start mods. They load up fine at first, and I can create characters and everything, but when the mods go to teleport the character (either immediately after creation in Random Alternate Start or when using the bed for Alternate Start: Live Another Life), the game ctd's.  At first I thought it was a problem with HDT because I'd been messing with it, and so I erased all my files and mods and re-installed the game from the ground up, but I continue to have this issue.  I have used LOOT (and made the necessary adjustments) and also Wrye Bash and Tes5Edit for cleaning (only mods that had dirty edits and deleted refs)  Here are my mods and load order:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  Version: 2.0.6
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  Version: 2.0.6
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  Version: 2.0.6
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp  Version: 2.0.6
SexLab.esm  Version: 1.58b
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
daymoyl.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
BeeingFemale.esm  Version: 1.14
SexLabAroused.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm  Version: 2.8.0
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
mslVampiricThirst.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp  Version: 2.00
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
Mercy.esp
CherrywoodEnchanter-Replacer.esp
DD_Dawnguard Additions.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
Coins of Tamriel V2 Legendary Edition.esp
HarvestOverhaul.esp  Version: 2.8.2
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
DD_Dragonborn Additions.esp
ReadAndLearnSpeechcraft.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp
Morrowloot.esp
sanguinesDebauchery.esp
SDpatch - dawnguard.esp
SDpatch - dragonborn.esp
Northern Bathhouses.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
Disease Descriptions_RND Compatibile.esp
SkyUI.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp  Version: 2.0.3
SC07SexLabRandomAttack.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SD Cages.esp  Version: 1.5
SaltSacks.esp
Ars Metallica.esp  Version: 1.2.2
Ars Metallica - Hearthfire.esp  Version: 1.2.2
Ars Metallica - Dragonborn.esp  Version: 1.2.2
Ars Metallica - Dawnguard.esp  Version: 1.2.2
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp  Version: 2.3
MilkHearthfire.esp
CookingExpanded.esp  Version: 1.2b.
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
Cooking Expanded - RND Support.esp
SkBBP - Start Skills at Level 0.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
LIAT - Sounds.esp
LIAT - NPCs.esp
BanditSlut.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp  Version: 2.3
MF_RadiantProstitution.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp  Version: 1.2.8
Hunterborn.esp
CampingKitNorthernRanger.esp
Hunterborn_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
Hunterborn_RND-Patch.esp
Hunterborn_Frostfall-Patch.esp
SDpatch - frostfall.esp
SexLab Romance.esp
towBlockSteal.esp
SexLab STDs.esp
SexLab Warmbodies.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
Skyrim Unlimited Rings And Amulets.esp
zzLSAR.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  Version: 2.5.2
ASLAL - Hearthfire Support.esp
Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life.esp
LADL - No Starting Spells.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Please tell me if you catch something that might be causing it.  I have had most of these mods a long while or have used them at times in the past.

Are you having the issues only on certain starts or on all start events? depending on where you start it may cause a lot of stress to your pc are you using enb and or hd mods? If it happens allways at the same point it is clearly a mod causing it.

Can you provide a papyrus log for the guys here? it helps a lot

Just another thing is the alternate start deviant life working with alternate start 2.5? I had to use the Version 2.3.6b because the newer version uses not the small prison cell anymore so the collar to start deviant life was not there. (Just a rnd question because I saw the version, but well you could try a diffrent version of alternate start)

Edit: A problem with hdt I highly doupt since you said the error dosen't occure allways if there would be something wrong with hdt you would crash allways that goes for any other mod too if you crash allways at the same place than its clearly a mod that alters something at that place and conflicts. If crashs happen rnd it's either too much load for skyrim itself or your hardware and theres not much you can do about that, but bevor I make anymore guess it would be nice if you could reply to the questions I asked above

If I knew how to get the papyrus log, I would.  I've enabled it, but I can't find it anywhere.  I don't use any ENB or HD mods because I found they slowed my computer.  The crashes always happen at the same point (when the alternate starts teleport you to whatever location).

I didn't realize there was a new version of alternate start, though the same problem was occurring on random alternate start as well.  I'll try updating it.

No you get me wrong I have to use Version 2.3.6b because newer versions take place in a other spot than the old one and in the new spot the collar to start with deviant life issent there anymore because the whole mod is in another location so this was only about the deviant life part.

So you allways crash if you get out of the small cell in the big scary world loading a small cell defenetly if a lot less stressful to your pc so maybe you just don't have enough ram thats the first thing that comes in my mind. What are your system specs?

If you have the papyrus log enabled in your skyrim ini then you find the log's in /documents/mygames/skyrim/logs

One thing that comes to my mind you can try to use the coc (teleport) command after char creation to see if it also crashes then if it loads up properly when just teleporting in the world there maybe is something wrong with your alternate start mod

No, I have the version that starts in the small cell.  But even random alternate start, which at least creates the character in riverwood, does not crash until after creation when the character is supposed to be transported elsewhere.

Here are my specs:

Win7 x64 home

Intel core i5 @ 2.5 GHz

6G RAM Dual-channel DDR3 @ 665 MHz

Intel HD graphics w/generic monitor

And although there is a logs folder, apparently papyrus isn't actually publishing the logs.  It's empty.

Again, this problem is very recent, but I have been playing for months without much incident (at least, that I wasn't able to solve).

What you can also do is use wyre bash too look up if you miss some mods required for other mods you will see them in red also you can try starting the game without alternate start if it works well something is wrong with your mod or conflicts with one of the mods you use if you have any errors you can use the program LOOT to check the easy way for errors.

For papyrus you have to open your skyrim.ini in the documents and change this lines.

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

post-425879-0-84137100-1410461273_thumb.png

Then the only thing you can try is as I said try to use after creation the coc command to teleport you to riverwood or to some location outside for riverwood its "coc Riverwood" in your console see if you crash also if you also crash using the console command I think you don't have enough vram for the load.

Edit: Thats the last thing I can think off, but I have to go offline now I will look up to your thread tomorrow again

The Live a Deviant Life Resurrection mod requires that you run Alternate Start Live Another Life 2.5.0 or newer. So you're okay in that department. There are only two things got my attention in your load order. First, absolutely make sure that RaceMenuPlugin.esp is NOT active. You're using XPMSE 2.0+, which replaces RaceMenuPlugin.esp with RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp. So, RaceMenuPlugin.esp unticked, RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp ticked. The second is that you're running ASLAL - Hearthfire Support which requires that you have the Hearthfire Multiple Adoption mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29249/?) installed. So either uninstall ASLAL - Hearthfire Support or install Multiple Adoptions.

coc Riverwood works just fine, though I also disabled a small mod that I'd only recently acquired.  I'll see if it works normally now (my save is just before I use the bed, so I can keep testing it).

Hey thats great so its quite sure its not your hardware thats on its limits otherwise you would allways ctd when teleporting somewhere the question is now what the error is then^^

I would recommend you to try it with an older alternate start mod and see if that works. I hope someone with knowledge of the papyrus log will take a look into it.

Another little question you are using skyrim 1.9.32.0.8 or higher right? otherwise you will ctd

If you want I have linked the version of the mod that I use if you allways crash while use the bed while teleporting with the console works I'm quite sure it's a problem with the mod itself or a conflict. http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=105395 but don't start as a slave if you use deviant life resurrection for now just see if the normal starts work.

Edit: other peopel have the same problem take a look in this thread http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21117-strange-ctd-at-start-of-the-game/

Well I see you allready saw the other thread keep a look on it and if you fix your problem you can tell him how you did it.

The Live a Deviant Life Resurrection mod requires that you run Alternate Start Live Another Life 2.5.0 or newer. So you're okay in that department. There are only two things got my attention in your load order. First, absolutely make sure that RaceMenuPlugin.esp is NOT active. You're using XPMSE 2.0+, which replaces RaceMenuPlugin.esp with RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp. So, RaceMenuPlugin.esp unticked, RaceMenuPluginXPMSE.esp ticked. The second is that you're running ASLAL - Hearthfire Support which requires that you have the Hearthfire Multiple Adoption mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29249/?) installed. So either uninstall ASLAL - Hearthfire Support or install Multiple Adoptions.

True that, but for life a deviant life it depends on if you are using the old deviant life mod or the new deviant life ressurection with the old one you need the old 2.3XX version of alternate start, but thats just a minor thing.

I am using resurrection, and I have unticked both the Another Life Hearthfire and the Racemenu plugin.  Also, I have the latest version of Skyrim.  Again, I posted the papyrus log.  I'm wondering if another of my mods is conflicting... I noticed that all the other people with the ctd problem were using money or life...  But some said fixing the skeleton helped for them, others didn't.  I'm going to try disabling it and see what happens.

if you crash because you messed up the skeleton you failed hard there is one thing that is for sure if you use a costum skeleton never ever let anything override the skeleton files. I also use Death alternative I don't know how it should conflict with alternate start try it with the older alternate start I posted and see what happens.

For the papyrus file someone with knowledge of it has to look over it I don't know which error messages are problematic and which are not.

You can also use a newer version of LAL since the actuall version is 2.5.2a

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9557/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D9557&pUp=1

Edit: This may intressting its from the authors readme

"Actually, no, it's not broken. Loading a save when you're still in the prison cell is not supported, never has been, and is a source of bugs. The message telling you to start a new game was added to make sure people are aware of this. Do not attempt to continue on with your game in this state as it WILL cause you problems."

Well, the game /was/ a new save.  I had installed all the mods and started from scratch.  However, I just went through my load order and tried to do some grouping.  I threw morrowloot near the end because I have mods that add items to the game and might possibly change the leveled lists.  I also reinstalled my skeleton and let it overwrite everything.  Let's see...

Sadly I'm running out of ideas :( ,but I still have a last thing you could try even I don't think it changes something try starting as a slave with the deviant life mod you are allready use and see if this also leeds to a crash I personally could life with the fact I can only start as slave even tough I like the hunter start because you don't have to walk a lot to the starting quest :D

Archived