How do you make an attractive female?

Jerbsinator

I hate this about Bethesda games, it's always easy to make a male but making a female that doesn't look incredibly stupid is really difficult, at least until mods are introduced. I however cannot find any decent mods, only ones that improve the textures a bit. What are some good mods for making females look good?

Please show us your unloved child and an in game shot of a char that comes close to your ideal conception.

That'd make things much easier for us cos beauty is everything but universally valid. Almost everybody has an own idea of it.

Edit:

kk, lol - here is mine, for comparison only:

modified vanilla

unitedwestandv84qv.png

Similarities with me are purely coincidental *g*

it's depends on preferences of course...some beauty mods are just a let down because doesn't fill your needs.

I personally use ran's mesh and my own texture.

i've tried several beauty mods on nexus tough.

here's several pics on how I look with some of these mods

envision? err... that skin really bad for my taste

mytypeoface? meh

[spoiler=oriental 1]8026-1-1328635685.jpg

[spoiler=oriental 1]8026-2-1328636884.jpg

oriental? it's okay i guess.. I'm asian afterall

[spoiler=oriental 1]8583-1-1328834111.jpg

[spoiler=oriental 2]8583-2-1328834112.jpg

and my own texture. I don't know if I'm gonna release it someday. I'm using this atm. becaus it's acceptable in skyrim looks

3795330-1328484005.jpg

It is like what surenas said, depending on what your preferences are it varies from person to person. In my case i made my character before all these new face and head meshes came out so I used many a mod to get something that i liked.

ScreenShot77.jpg Main mod used was Bella's mod, but at least 10+ other mods were used to make it what i want

Please show us your unloved child and an in game shot of a char that comes close to your ideal conception.

That'd make things much easier for us cos beauty is everything but universally valid. Almost everybody has an own idea of it.

Edit:

kk' date=' lol - here is mine, for comparison only:

modified vanilla

unitedwestandv84qv.png

Similarities with me are purely coincidental *g*

Ya I like yours the best so far out of everyone that has posted. How did you achieve those results?

There's no real secret but one rules : go slowly and check all option available.

When starting a character it's always a good idea to have at least an idea of what it will look like : young, old, serious, sad,...

I would advise to start with the jaw-mouth-nose then go for the eye and start adjusting here and there until you get something looking good.

Then admire the result in 3rd p view and re-showracemenu if needed.

(However it can really turn into an endless quest )

To make a nice char is so easy like choose the correct race and preset and the textures you want.

Here you can see all Skyrim presets:

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/08/24/the-races-and-faces-of-skyrim/

1) Choose nord race preset 2 (the more easy way to make a nice char)

2) Choose breton preset 1 or preset 5

3) Choose redguard preset 8

4) Choose imperial preset 4

Nord

tesv2012013120510017.jpg

tesv2012011518224919.jpg

Breton

TESV2012-02-1216-24-44-93.jpg

TESV2012-01-2420-14-32-43.jpg

Redguard

tesv2012012117132182.jpg

Imperial

TESV2012-02-1203-06-56-71.jpg

Best face textures I have seen:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5106

Ya I like yours the best so far out of everyone that has posted. How did you achieve those results?

Construction Image

magickobscura_fin3luin.png

To construct a natural looking woman one has to avoid the usually used long hairstyles in the process. This helps to be focused exclusively on the face, inasmuch a good looking face would match any hairstyle we choose later as the final one, and this goes for the awesome bodies and clothing as well. Next one starts with a short chin and a big mouth before fine tuning not to end up with a far too long chin and an unrealistic small mouth shown by many figures since the onset of Oblivion in 2006. The two parts of a face - the one above the zygomatic bone (below the hopefully not too small eye) and the one below down to the chin have to match not to offer an alien impression. An oval frontal view, always used by ‘better faces’ mods, easily but not necessarily leads to an interchangeable baby face, a juvenile character that doesn’t yet show the visible message of a unique face – the distinctive “I know what I’m doing, hun!”, that certain something. I prefer the distinctive, the adult variant, probably because I’m no longer thirteen and Morrowind no longer the game of the year.

If you're later interested in the image scene you have to learn Adobe Photoshop techniques or at least the skills to see the common, often semi-professional use of it... *g*

Enjoy!

RANs HeadMesh Variants in my opinion is a crucial requirement for making a good face unless the face mod you have already has one and you like it that way. Personally, out of all the face improvement mesh mods out there that I have tried, nothing really beats the meshes Rans offer.

I want an anime-ish kind of face and is closer to a standard MMORPG face and or console females in fighting games etc.

facevariant.jpg

There are many things to consider and many things that will make your life harder for these faces to look like a super model for a cover magazine.

==================================>

Worst things you need to find a way to work with you in making a good face:

1. Shadows

Skyrim has a pretty bad shadow and is more evident on low end PC users such as I. Shadows will cut the face of your character and will turn that smooth face into a weird looking disproportionate mess. The easiest solution for this is pretty obvious and that is to just forget it and only look at her face when the lighting is good. I doubt that people think the same way as I do when it comes to these shadow problems but it does annoy me so much.

An example to this is when you want a face to have a pointed chin. At the character creation menu it will have a pointed chin but when you go back to the real game, the shadow cuts the chin and it will look rounded and shorter than the one in the menu.

In my opinion, a good face is a face that still looks decent even in bad lighting. So far I'm happy with the face because she looks good even on bad lighting. When tweaking, make sure to tweak her on a good light source first then on bad lighting which by default is the outdoor morning lighting.

2. Camera angle

Camera angles will distort the face or make part bigger than the other so just keep that in mind when trying to tweak sliders especially for the jaw and cheek part. In my screenshot, I didn't try and get a good angle with tfc so its my fault for having a slightly bad camera angle.

==================================>

Obviously, we all have our own opinions on beauty, some people likes realistic women and some likes closer to anime females or a bit on the standard video game girl look (Dead or alive, MMORPG etc).

If I have a better PC then I can really crank that graphics up and it will surely make my characters look much more detailed, but sadly I'll just have to be content on what I have and be thankful that I still can play this game.

To make a nice char is so easy like choose the correct race and preset and the textures you want.

Here you can see all Skyrim presets:

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/08/24/the-races-and-faces-of-skyrim/

1) Choose nord race preset 2 (the more easy way to make a nice char)

2) Choose breton preset 1 or preset 5

3) Choose redguard preset 8

4) Choose imperial preset 4

Nord

tesv2012013120510017.jpg

tesv2012011518224919.jpg

Breton

TESV2012-02-1216-24-44-93.jpg

TESV2012-01-2420-14-32-43.jpg

Redguard

tesv2012012117132182.jpg

Imperial

TESV2012-02-1203-06-56-71.jpg

Best face textures I have seen:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5106

wow! that's some quality screens! :heart::heart: what body textures and armor re-textures are you using? especially the one Lydia and Aela are wearing. and the graphics! omg how did you do that? :huh:

why does she have 4 eyebrows line?

Well, me thinks it is far better to drive a figure with two additional eyebrows (just for the sake of the argument in the OP's question, I guess), a figure that originally belongs into the image than one with just the normal two that perhaps belongs to elsewhere, right?

Anyway, all figures shown here look good or nobody would ever drive them in game.

Well thanks for the help guys. I think for now I made something that I can live with until better mods are released. Kinda looks like Triss from The Witcher...I wasn't going for that but I'm not complaining, she's hot. :D

3nJMc.jpg

Oh and yes, those are very large tits....STOP JUDGING ME!! I'm just too damn lazy to load up Skyrim and make a clean pic right now.

*thumbs up*, man!

I've got to admit I'm obsessed by tits

I've had this problem since I was a kid

I used to look up to my Auntie Marie

Cause she had big tits hangin' down to her knees

Her nipples were poking right out of her gown

If boobs could be wings she'd be flyin' around

As I grew older I made up my mind

I'd get me the biggest ones I could find

I must, I must, I must increase my bust!

I must, I must, I must increase my bust!

Do that dance!

:D

Well thanks for the help guys. I think for now I made something that I can live with until better mods are released. Kinda looks like Triss from The Witcher...I wasn't going for that but I'm not complaining' date=' she's hot. :D

Oh and yes, those are very large tits....STOP JUDGING ME!! I'm just too damn lazy to load up Skyrim and make a clean pic right now.

http://tinyurl.com/755l8v3

Am I the only one who still likes the vanilla faces best? I don't necessarily want my Dragonborn to look like a 17 year old model covered in makeup, and I think you can make quite attractive faces. Well at least for my taste.

Pic is my main character right after I started playing.

post-28338-13597873121817_thumb.jpg

Am I the only one who still likes the vanilla faces best? I don't necessarily want my Dragonborn to look like a 17 year old model covered in makeup' date=' and I think you can make quite attractive faces. Well at least for my taste.

Pic is my main character right after I started playing.

[/quote']

I'd agree with you if either you're making Nords, or you're making a character who's in their 30s +. Other than that, it's kind of impossible - if you want to make a young-looking Breton woman, for example, the horrible forehead wrinkles destroy any hope of an attractive character.

OP, personally I use Bella's faces (can't give you a link cos the Nexus is down right now). I know a lot of people use XCE then apply Bella's over the top, but I never noticed the XCE step making a difference so I just use Bella's completely independent of anything else. You do end up with pretty stunning characters, but it's definitely not a realistic look. I take the view that Skyrim should be played with the same kind of realism as a Hollywood fantasy flick, so all my characters look like they have access to make up.

I mean, Skyrim's a waifu simulator ffs, if you wanted actual decent storytelling and gameplay you'd go to the Witcher 2 or something.

I hate this about Bethesda games' date=' it's always easy to make a male but making a female that doesn't look incredibly stupid is really difficult, at least until mods are introduced. I however cannot find any decent mods, only ones that improve the textures a bit. What are some good mods for making females look good?

[/quote']

Well I made a modification to an existing mod that extends the color palette, now it has all nose,eye, and lip options available for all non beast females. You can make some pretty women with it, especially Nords.

You need the color extender mod still , this is just my add on to it.

The eyes are from one of my eye packs available on steam workshop.

The hair is from the recently released apachii hairstyles.

Archived