Character explodes in Race Menu screen

Z0mBieP00Nani

Not too long ago I decided it was finally time to convert an armor I really liked (the Spartacus Gladiator Armor) to include females as well using Bodyslide. Th body type I converted it to was a custom built body designed for use with HDT, I got the armor shaped right, and nicely fitted to the body with some minor clipping issues here and there (due to the physics aspect of things), but over all the armor behaved fine in game.

Later I decided, just for shits and grins, to see how it would behave in Race Menu if I messed with the weight sliders while the armor was equipped and this (see picture) happened. It doesn't really seem to be an issue, but it looks like the only way I can enjoy the armor is if I pick the lowest weight or the heaviest weight, otherwise I get the picture below..

Any ideas as to why it is behaving this way?

post-145287-0-60236600-1410389751_thumb.jpg

The vertex order between the low weight and the high weight is somehow messed up.

And if you used only bodyslide to edit it, sounds like a bodyslide bug then. 

Ah.

Yes, I only used body slide to edit it. It was originally a male only armor, so I had to convert it from a male body. I guess I should consider myself lucky it works at all then?

Unfortunately Bodyslide is the only mesh editing program I know how to use somewhat well, that and NifSkope. I've never really had the patience to learn anything like Blender or Max.. of course it probably doesn't help that my rig is hooked up to the TV in front of my bed, so working on anything becomes uncomfortable for my back and neck fairly quickly..

Thanks for the reply.

The vertex order between the low weight and the high weight is somehow messed up.

And if you used only bodyslide to edit it, sounds like a bodyslide bug then. 

Yup, that must've been the broblem. It works fine now that I went back and re-converted the armor using the appropriate body weights.

post-145287-0-07910900-1410404871_thumb.jpg

Thanks again for your help. :)

No clue as to your problem, but what armor mod is that good person?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36079/?

But as I stated earlier the armor is male only. I had to convert it to the female body using Bodyslide. And then I had to use creation kit so that it would show up in game.

Archived