Skyrim Sex Lab beasts/creatures missing feature to work on for the very next release !

dje34

Would you like to see ('hear' would be more appropriate) creatures/beasts sex voices on the next SSL releases ?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this feature is missing... ?

• Soooo much !
    • Yes, it would be cool to hear roars and creatures voices during sex !
    • I don't mind !
    • No, there are a lot of other things to take care of and this is not a priority !
    • I don't care about this fucking question ! I don't use creatures/beasts for my sex scenes !

This is bugging me from the first time I downloaded and played Skyrim with SexLab Framework !

The creatures and beasts have no voices during sex ! How could this still be after updating the framework during one year ?

Well, this is the way I'm thinking, and I'd like to know how many people think my way.

Please, this could help modders and players to know if next release (or another, but in a near future) of SSL would likely contain some implementation of this kind of feature, or a separate mod... or why not a whole new framework ? As long as it is virtual the only limit is imagination ! 

Feel free to post too ! It's a poll AND a thread !

I was actually thinking about this myself the other day. It does feel kinda strage to have the creatures be completely silent during sex. I had been thinking about ways to give them a voice myself, but well... I ain't no modder. I wouldn't even know where to begin! So I guess we will have to depend on the kindness of others ;)

Anyway if it is done, I hope it will be integrated into the main sexlab.esm. There are really too many thing handled externally imho (ejaculation effects, creatures nude suit, disable hud etc..) which forces us to use a lot of little esps. It wouldn't be a problem if the number of mods wasn't limited.

241 votes... Thank you all for voting !

- More than 80% voted YES for this feature being in the next release of SSL.

- Less than 10% voted NO for this feature being in the next release of SSL.

- More than 10% voted blank.

I think the results speak for themselves.

Gonna send a pm to Ashal about this, cross fingers... and now modders you know at least one feature to work on for the next release of SSL ! More than 80% members would like this !

Please get your keyboards and brains at work, 'cause the community voted and asked for it ! Thanks in advance from 80% members who voted to this poll !

...Gonna send a pm to Ashal about this, cross fingers... and now modders you know at least one feature to work on for the next release of SSL ! More than 80% members would like this !

Wouldn't it be better to send him a bunch of sound files?

Exactly, send sound files (someone with the appropriate skills/ear will need to create them). Otherwise don't waste Ashal's time because he is unlikely to have the time and may not have the skills to collect those himself.

I can send sound files !

And if Waxen did post in this thread as I see he did (or are my eyes playing with my mind?), it may mean we are on the right way to add this feature to the next SSL release, fellow members !

Now, the man spoke : Sound Files !

You all know what you have to do, just like I know what I have to do : send sound files ! 

@ Kissinger : voices for male and female are included in the framework, why not for beasts and creatures ? This way if you have 255 mods you won't have to delete one.

It's already been in the plans for awhile now. I've mentioned it as far back at 1.35-ish. The problem however is that I don't want to add them if it means having to add a bunch of new sound files, SexLab's main filesize is already getting to big for my tastes and adding sound sets for creatures would most certainly nearly double it if not more so.

I've tried experimenting some with trying to pull in Skyrim's default hit/attack/death sound effects for various creatures before without having to rip the sounds into a new folder and adding now sound markers, but I haven't been able to arrive at any satisfactory solution yet. If it comes down to it and I can find no good solution  that doesn't involve adding new sound files, I will at least add in an API for setting up voices for creatures so other mods can add them, with the file size issues however I will not add or include them with default SexLab.

I do certainly plan to experiment with it some more in 1.60 however.

If bandwitdth is the reason why you don't want to add too many sound options, creatures nude suits, animations etc.., perhaps you should consider releasing sexlab only on mirror sites ? You could keep the loverslab page only for updates, and the mirros sites for the "big data pack"? That way Sexlab could stay the unified framework we all love : ) , and not a nightmarish fragmentation of little esps, each one for a very minor function, cluttering almost all your mod list.

You are forgetting the upload as well, and mirror sites are rarely free for unlimited  downloading.  As well, the file size for sexlab would more then double.  lets say each animal has a default sound file size of  only 5 MB.  Times that five by about 24 creatures and sexlab just reached over 150 MB by itself.  The other issue, even though size is not the only issue, your adding an entirely new branch for sexlab to have to watch over. It makes Sexlab harder to troubleshoot and maintain at this rate.  By simply setting up the API for other modders  if adding beast sound files somehow messes up sexlab, it can be removed easily.  A few extra esps might be better then adding new mcm sub menus as well.  I wouldnt mind hearing my dog growling and snarling during the nasty, but not at the expence of the sexlab itself.

• 1 month later...

That's good, but there's another challenge on the table also: All you guys/gals who are good with sound, go find and fight every creature you can and identify the sounds that would make good sex sounds. Cats and dogs sound like they're fighting anyway when they're doing it. Bonus points if you can identify exactly what sound resource that is and point Ashal at it so he doesn't have to do all the work.

Archived