How do you add Personal Voices in CK?

Lukey

I'm getting that too so I'm guessing some audio codec must be installed or something. But I haven't heard of an audio codec before...

In the dialog info window at the bottom is a record button, just click it and speak the dialog you have typed, and save it, then click wav file dot to make a lip file.

it is sort of buggy sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it does not, at least that is my experience with it. sometimes no matter what I do, the dialog is not saved right, and this leaves the blinking off quickly text which is irritating,and un readable, and has crushed some of my Learning mods.

the tutorial first quest that Beth has up is particularly pron to mess up the voice on Bendu. I have not figured out why, but no other places give me any trouble.

I have added branch dialogs to most every other character I could find, or think to make in the game with no problems, but Bendu somehow different, or the mixwatermillworkershouse is.. anyway that is really the only place I have had problems with the added voices, and the lip files work great, even when the voices don't sound out, I see the lips moving appropriately.

Fortunately I am not making anything at this time that it hurts to lose. I will play around with all of this until they stabilize the CK. Or rather Beth quits picking at it, and the modders patch up the holes.

Steam may constantly patch it with nothing to gum up the works, just increasing the header size, and such to make it so you have to log in.

I still remember how steam screwed me on Half life 2. and I hold grudges forever in such case's.

I have been playing with it quite a bit. adding many different dialog's to my text as I learn the dialog in's and outs.

@ galgat, this is the problem in question.

Creation_kit_audio_problem.jpg

As you can see, the record button is greyed out and the option to record said voice does happen as the configure option doesn't allow us to choose a file format to presumably to save to. That's the problem myself and as well as Lukey is facing ATM.

@ galgat' date=' this is the problem in question.

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/sora3/Creation_kit_audio_problem.jpg[/img]

As you can see, the record button is greyed out and the option to record said voice does happen as the configure option doesn't allow us to choose a file format to presumably to save to. That's the problem myself and as well as Lukey is facing ATM.

No I meant I can click record bt then there are no options on the next screen

yes I have ran into that some times, Try adding in the [The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\sound\voice] folder a .wav file, it must be named Temp.wav . then see if your button lights up.

If you find that file there overwrite it anyway, it is just as it says Temperary, each time you record your Voice it changes anyway.

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\sound\voice\Processing you will find another .wav file this one if another temporary that FonixData use's to make a lip file.[[[ Do not delete FonixData.cdf this is a critical file, and must be there ]]], but you can if it is there delete the temp_resampled_audio.wav as it is re written each time you make a new lip file.

It needs to be or should be 16khz 16 bit Stereo, but I have used many different one, but some of them CK refuses to use, and will Error on, but 16khz 16 bit have worked fine for me.

also I find it works better to just save the info dailog the first time you go there, and then go back after you have set up your Conditions in the topic info, and record your voice data, and save it.

Also it is best to make your quest, then before you do anything else save it [Don't make and NPC, don't do anything with dialog, do not pass Go do not collect the 200 dollars Save and give quest a name right after making it], this gives your quest a name in the Voice folder like MyQuest.esp and that is where all of your sound files will be saved for that quest. you must have a quest to do much of anything.

Thats about all I can think of at this time, I hope it helps.

Archived