What do you do first...

bushwookie

What do you do first when you install Oblivion?

Personally, I usually spend around 3 hours downloading and installing mods because my HDD is somewhere around 150gigs with my C: drive never going above 5 gig free space, even tho its 50 gigs so I install everything on D:, which refuses to go above 50 gig free space, so I can't make a "OBLIVION MODS" folder and just put all mods in, then when I install it the mods are ready. Then I start Oblivion, wait for it to crash at the Bethesda logo and download Wrye Bash to see which mod(s) is making me crash. So again, what do you do first when you install Oblivion?

(I don't know if I posted in the right section, sorry if not.)

See post 2 to give you a little direction:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=30

I personally approach things this way on reinstalling:

1. Unofficial patches & all utilities (OBSE, OBMM, Pluggy, Wrye, Silent voice and so on).

2. City/armor/clothing/quest mods

3. Texture packs (like Qarl's): http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/obliviontextureoverhaul.html

4. Body mods like HGEC and Roberts

5. Lovers with PK

After installing the unofficial stuff I install mods one or two at a time (two if they are really small things). Then run BOSS. Then I start the game and load a clean save I made just outside of the sewer exit. I then zip here and there to test that all is working and if so I exit and proceed to install a few more mods. After installing 10 or so (more if they are small things) and the game is still working fine I make a backup of the data folder somewhere so I can recover quickly from a bad mod or install.

Hope that helps :)

Guest GingerTom

Just a guess, but I'd say I've re-installed maybe 1000 times? Not kidding--I do a lot of experimenting, so I have it down to a real system, here goes...

First of all I have changed everything into Omods and burned/external hard drived etc (yes, I know) so that I have them ready and able to go immediately or can remove them. (And I do remove them!) Here's my system of installation in order:

1 All utilities (I have GOTY)

2 All official/unofficial patches

2a All ordinary mods

3 my 'yy' (which I re-named) mods which might be overwritten by others: thus, yy01 MPB, yy02 x117 etc

4 BOSS (I now run it to sort above mods) I have a total of 303 at the moment

5 Things I don't want BOSS to move start here: renamed to 'z', zMake Two Handed Swords One Handed--etc are installed next

6 Bashed 'delayers' (above this/these mods is where I put new (ordinary) mods each time by grabbing/left clicking/holding them in Wrye Bash and moving them up easily (no BOSS--always works for me)

7 z00, z01 etc CUO mods (Giskard) http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=25&Itemid=129

8 zz01, zz02 etc (that's 2 zz's) These are the re-named LoversMods NOTE: I put the Bashed Patch here just above 'LoversIdleAnimPriority' (that's my way--it works for me, maybe not for you.)

9 These are the last and they are named by mulitiple z's such as zzz, zzzz Dynamic Leveled Lists, zzzzz Robert's Body 52v (Robert's I then move above Bashed Patch--move any bashed mod above the Bashed Patch or else it won't work)

(I go through the trouble of putting things lower so they won't get over-written and then I move them up--like Robert's Body.)

Believe it or not: This allows me to re-install if necessary in a very efficient and quick manner.

Was that clear as mod? (Or mud?) :P

Just a guess' date=' but I'd say I've re-installed maybe 1000 times? Not kidding--I do a lot of experimenting, so I have it down to a real system, here goes...

First of all I have changed everything into Omods and burned/external hard drived etc (yes, I know) so that I have them ready and able to go immediately or can remove them. (And I do remove them!) Here's my system of installation in order:

1 All utilities (I have GOTY)

2 All official/unofficial patches

2a All ordinary mods

3 my 'yy' (which I re-named) mods which might be overwritten by others: thus, yy01 MPB, yy02 x117 etc

4 BOSS (I now run it to sort above mods) I have a total of 303 at the moment

5 Things I don't want BOSS to move start here: renamed to 'z', zMake Two Handed Swords One Handed--etc are installed next

6 Bashed 'delayers' (above this/these mods is where I put new (ordinary) mods each time by grabbing/left clicking/holding them in Wrye Bash and moving them up easily (no BOSS--always works for me)

7 z00, z01 etc CUO mods (Giskard) http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=25&Itemid=129

8 zz01, zz02 etc (that's 2 zz's) These are the re-named LoversMods NOTE: I put the Bashed Patch here just above 'LoversIdleAnimPriority' (that's my way--it works for me, maybe not for you.)

9 These are the last and they are named by mulitiple z's such as zzz, zzzz Dynamic Leveled Lists, zzzzz Robert's Body 52v (Robert's I then move above Bashed Patch--move any bashed mod above the Bashed Patch or else it won't work)

(I go through the trouble of putting things lower so they won't get over-written and then I move them up--like Robert's Body.)

Believe it or not: This allows me to re-install if necessary in a very efficient and quick manner.

Was that clear as mod? (Or mud?) :P

[/quote']

Woah, I couldn't understand most of that but it seems complicated for my newbie head.

Archived