Why Are Tons Of People Afraid Of Anime-Related Mods?

It justs confuses me.

I say this because I suggested a Total Anime Overhaul on the Nexus and people freaked out, as well as on this post about a neko custom race.

If yo know of any race mods in the making could you post a link so I can keep up with em.(Be it Western, Middle-Eastern, orr from the land of the rising sun)

Sorry for my drolling on. :s

P.S. If anyone is working on a race mod(be it lore-friendly or not) I hope you can get it fully up since I feel people can get more custom races in Skyrim than people did in Oblivion.

Nexus has from what i can see a community of people who don't like straying too far from the lore of the game, which i can see as logical for that community. as for he neko freakout here? that seems a little odd considering the content of the adult mod section lol no offense to those in there posting, cause thats what fantasy is all about :) My personal taste i wouldn't go with an anime overhual, but im sure there are others who may see your idea as pretty awesome, it's just a matter of leaving your ideas here for other to see and consider and maybe even gather ideas and work on it. Hence why i have really switched from just Nexus, to this community as it is much more open and accepting with any and all ideas :)

Nexus has from what i can see a community of people who don't like straying too far from the lore of the game' date=' which i can see as logical for that community. as for he neko freakout here? that seems a little odd considering the content of the adult mod section lol no offense to those in there posting, cause thats what fantasy is all about :) My personal taste i wouldn't go with an anime overhual, but im sure there are others who may see your idea as pretty awesome, it's just a matter of leaving your ideas here for other to see and consider and maybe even gather ideas and work on it. Hence why i have really switched from just Nexus, to this community as it is much more open and accepting with any and all ideas :)

[/quote']

Lol the nexians are lore fiends aren't they? But there are a few anime addicts on there. But then again they are from JP so......

most people in western like a strong looking character and close to realism. yet asian style is more of a fashioned way.

asian game developers, bring so much fashion into game, which is, already been affecting us / some of the JRPG, or anime fans out there... japan / non japanese.

I think I'm just trying to respect both views. every childhood brings different preferences.

we can't avoid argument. argument is what keeps both loving their ways '_'

I'm not afraid of it and personally I love making sexy characters and what not, but when it comes to the anime ideals (referring to japan), I just don't agree. I just didn't grow up with lolis, skimpy outfits and that general nonsense of japan. 2 extremely different cultures and I have a long list of rants for japan compared to America. (example on japanisweird.com) Without ranting, I just want to say is Amercan Anime-ish (Avatar:The last Airbender) has lip sink so we win b default. Just sayin :cool:

Now ponies, that's something to be scared about. Brohoof anyone?

Very well put Veline. Our western area has it's style as big and tough as nails and lifelike, has been like that for a long time where as eastern is soooooo much more artsy and fashioned. Take Blade and Soul for example, the art style is incredible for a game like that, you can very easily see all the fasion they put in and thats korean based, let alone just look at the majority of japanese games, crazy art styles and very high points to making it fashioned. And of course arguments can always be good long as an open mind is kept :)

Hmm *shrugs* all valid points. But still they overreact on BOTH sides depending on what it is. I guess I just got that Southern stubborness from living in Mississippi all my life lol.

Well I'll let the topic take a slumber ntil someone else comes along.

But I still want some anime-ish mods be they skimpy schoolgirl outfits or 75% Human 25% Fox people. Heck I'll take Gundam armor. Just anything to customize Skyrim to my liking. I just suck x infinity at modding. :(

lol yea...one thing that really strikes me as funny about nexus...they flip over lore breaking with something like a Neko mod, or the Elin for that matter, but are totally okay with a flippin' crazy ass demon prince who spawns cheese everywhere, think i saw someone here with an avatar with sheogorath saying "dig a pit - fill it with clowns" perfectly normal behavior of that character. yet heaven forbid some crazy race to mix with Argonians or khajiit for that matter lol. just hits my funny bone thinkin bout it :D

most people in western like a strong looking character and close to realism. yet asian style is more of a fashioned way.

asian game developers' date=' bring so much fashion into game, which is, already been affecting us / some of the JRPG, or anime fans out there... japan / non japanese.

I think I'm just trying to respect both views. every childhood brings different preferences.

we can't avoid argument. argument is what keeps both loving their ways '_'

[/quote']

very true. those born in the west would most likely detest the idea of having east meet west in games like this. the most likely case of people not liking anime is because of the values and norms that they were raised with, along with a shame-based family environment and the way they were socialized with ideals of strength, justice and righteousness. So then when being introduced with mods that mimic Japanese values and norms, North Americans get a sort of culture shock because Japanese culture and value systems are massively different from their own and it is because of this difference that North Americans start forming and ethnocentric view on how their culture is superior to all culture and it must meet their standards. Ie: skyrim is a western rpg so it must follow under the guidelines set by westerners.

wow such a long winded explanation, this comes from having a midterm yesterday on all this shizzle =3=

I think it would be incredibly awesome if you had a separate Asian race, and their own capital city or faction. That would add a lot to the immersion I would think(for me at least). I would be ok with a Asian theme being added. Not so much so for an anime theme, but thats just me. I am an avid watcher of anime as well, but I like to keep things separate.

Just as its very easy to stereotype a person from US/Japan, its equally easy to stereotype the typical Skyrim player. To me its kinda like an Asian telling an American he could go eat some sushi when he's already paid for and is currently eating a hamburger, and vice versa. It's not offending, but hes already got this delicious burger in front of him, so sushi just isn't on his mind. I think maybe an anime overhaul for the Nexus is just simply to soon. Let them get bored of thier hamburgers first.

Well, you know, it's kind of understandable. I mean you're walking down the street and there's a bunch of anime-related mods hanging out on the street corner. And they're messing around and rough-housing and you know they're just kids having fun, but it's pretty intimidating when you have to walk through them, just to buy milk from the corner shop.

Then you hear from a friend about how her neighbour's son got beaten up by a bunch of anime-related mods, and it just makes you think. I mean this boy ended up in hospital, and for what? Then you hear on the TV about how 80% of knife crime involves anime-related mods, and how incidents of fatal shootings involving anime-related mods are on the rise, and suddenly those anime-related mods larking about on the corner start to look a lot more sinister, and you've still got to walk through them when you go to buy milk, and if anything was to happen you don't know what you'd do and there's never a police officer around when you need one these days...

OK, so I'm being silly. I don't think anyone is afraid of anime-related mods. I don't use them myself, mainly because what looks cute and sexy in a cartoon with a strongly stylised background tends not to work so well in a 3D interactive environment which aims at a photorealistic setting. I can see why hardcore anime fans would like them, but they're not for me.

That said, I'd never dream of telling anyone not to make one.

Well in terms I should have said ani-mods based on things done successfully in 3D such as FF-like things. Maybe even gundam (scratch that, robots are too far. Unless its robo-dragons sent by Aperature Sciences) But you are right. Anime is nice 2D but 3D would be a challenge to make it look good. Alas. CURSE YOU GRAPHICAL LIMITS!!!!

Then you hear from a friend about how her neighbour's son got beaten up by a bunch of anime-related mods' date=' and it just makes you think. I mean this boy ended up in hospital, and for what? Then you hear on the TV about how 80% of knife crime involves anime-related mods, and how incidents of fatal shootings involving anime-related mods are on the rise, and suddenly those anime-related mods larking about on the corner start to look a lot more sinister, and you've still got to walk through them when you go to buy milk, and if anything was to happen you don't know what you'd do and there's never a police officer around when you need one these days...[/quote']

76868b2f-ace4-4ff6-883b-4cdcf6682f8c.jpg

But well I can agree to most of what you said about the "2D won't work so good in a 3D game". I think games like Final Fantasy got pretty close to a "3D anime look" but most of the time anime/manga like stuff in 3D just looks horrible.

In all honesty, I have absolutely no problem with it, and I even advocate it as well.

The reason being is that I for one am Asian, I've grown up watching many anime in my time and of course I do enjoy certain ones (not all, just like any show/series or w/e), however that doesn't mean I personally feel that some or many of the items/customs that do sometimes make it look rather silly and don't fit the criteria (Yes I do still want a sense of realism).

However, once again, these are Custom Mods, not something that Bethesda is saying "Hey guys, we'll be implementing Lolita Outfits into the game now and you'll have to like it!" You have a choice to either download the item or not, which in the end, why does it really matter if their are anime implements or not?

Some people want their characters to look more anime like instead of a realistic feel which is perfectly fine, because that doesn't affect my game or what I plan to download from mods.

Their really should be no despise or displease to those who want more anime like mods, and those who produce them to the public to obtain and use. Now I'm not saying that anyone here are those Anti-Anime for Skyrim crowd.

Which brings me to my statement of why make a fuss when ultimately it's not a mandatory download? That's my take, because at this point, there are some really nice "anime" (A few from Vindictus/Tera which obviously have an anime look to them) like armor pieces that I've picked up for my personal Skyrim game.

Even the Tera Online Hair mods are the best set of hairstyles I've seen from anyone or anybody. *Still hoping to see some Nice Male Hair Mods one day, as being a male our gender always seem to get shafted when it comes to these custom options*

In the end as most have said, it's a preference, and as always, it's going to be optional, meaning if you don't like it, you don't have to download it. It doesn't destroy your own personal customized Skyrim game so their should be no hate.

I think it would be incredibly awesome if you had a separate Asian race' date=' and their own capital city or faction. separate.[/quote']

There already are "Asians". Akavir is where the katanas in Oblivion come from.

They're just not in the game, per se, since Akavir, like Black Marsh, is one of those areas that have yet to become visitable in an Elder Scrolls game.

I guess it's 50/50 for me. I loved (and still do) the anime races for Oblivion (especially MBP,MBP++ and all that stuff) but I hate those totally non protective,almost nonexistant armors. I would rather have my loli (or cat girl or w/e) run around in plate gear with a giant claymore than in a dress that would blow up pedobears mind (or his genitals). And there definitely are good "anime like" mods but so far those were only armors and hair mods (which don't really look that completely different from western armors/hairstyles)

The way I see it, most people of what I would refer to as "the ignorant masses" directly link Loli's and high pitched women and the Anime style together. And being as such not all people like the idea of playing around as a 13-16 year old girl looking like something from a j-pop music video.

The reason why people, as you put it, "panic" is a mystery to me though. These mods are by no means obligatory and people are more than welcome to ignore them.

Skyrim is completely singleplayer based, so I really do not see why people go on with the "I DO NOT LIKE THIS MOD, HENCE YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE IT BECAUSE YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO MAKE MODS THAT I PERSONALLY APPROVE OF" attitude. Everyone has their own preferences, and as long as a mod is well made there will always be a lot of people that are thankful for it, be it lorefriendly or not, western or eastern-based.