So I start a new game, BOOM, carriage and the horse just flipping out

So as the title says. The horse and the carriage is flipping out, and I have no idea what to do. I ran FNIS, still didn't work. I reinstalled it and then ran it, still no help. And the reason why I started the new game was because my saves werent loading, so I figured maybe I should start a new game and see if it works. Well it works, besides that crazy horse flipping out thing.

Actually, I went into TFC and it looked like only the carriage was flipping out for no reason at all, the horse was just doing what it's supposed to do.

I've been doing some mod installing and I'm positive that all of this happened due to some of the sexlab mods, I just don't have time to figure out which one it is since I have work to do. Maybe tomorrow I'll try.

Load order:

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Falskaar.esm=1
Wyrmstooth.esp=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
moonpath.esm=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
BeeingFemale.esm=1
SexLab Attraction.esm=1
daymoyl.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1
CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux.esp=1
LoversComfort.esp=1
LoversVictim.esp=1
MF_SpectatorCrowds.esp=1
SexLabSquirt.esp=1
SexLab_Hormones.esp=1
sexlab_necro.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1
SexLab_Paycrime.esp=1
SWT1.2.esp=1
SexLabDefeat.esp=1
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp=1
Devious Devices - For the Masses II.esp=1
DragonBoneEbonsteel.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
StrapOnbyaeonv1.1.esp=1
TorchArrow-Dawnguard.esp=1
Captured Dreams.esp=1
Devious Deviants.esp=1
moonpath_questdata.esp=1
sanguinesDebauchery.esp=1
SDpatch - dawnguard.esp=1
SDpatch - dragonborn.esp=1
SDpatch - frostfall.esp=1
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp=1
Civil War Overhaul.esp=1
Killable Children.esp=1
Killable Children - Quest Important Protected.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp=1
SexLab Romance.esp=1
SexLab Submit.esp=1
SexLabWorkingGirl.esp=1
SFO - Dragonborn.esp=1
Convenient Horses.esp=1
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp=1
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp=1
FNISspells.esp=1
SexLab Cumshot.esp=1
BS-TheHag_Overlays.esp=1
3DNPC.esp=1
APPS.esp=1
NormalVampireFaces.esp=1
WATER.esp=1
WATER Plants.esp=1
WATER DG.esp=1
WATER DB.esp=1
WATER Falskaar.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp=1
BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp=1
Apropos.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
DeviouslyHelpless.esp=1
DD - Interactions.esp=1
Submit belt.esp=1
chfshPlayerVoicesets.esp=1
SexLab Sound FX Replacer.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp=1
SSv2.esp=1
SMIM-Merged-All.esp=1
DD FtM - Cloaks patch.esp=1
Sexlab Breeder.esp=1
Solutions-PrisonOverhaul Patch.esp=1
Devious Cidhna.esp=1
SexLabAnimalSex.esp=1
SexLabWerewolves.esp=1
SexLabAnimalSexTame.esp=0
SexLabAnimalSexDawn.esp=1

I have 105 plugins enabled, if that helps.

That happened to me a few months ago, it was the reason I started using alternate start - live another life.

At the time, the only mods we had in common were:

Unofficial skyrim patches (dg, hf, db, and highres)
daymoyl
brawl bugs ce
racemenu
racemenuplugin
skyui
cloaks
cloaks - dawnguard
the paarthurnax dilemma
WATER (and plants, dg, db)
SMIM

I also had touring carriages installed, which I originally blamed the problem on... did a clean install and it was still happening, so I started using live another life.
I don't know what the problem might be, though... possibly something up with SMIM? Messing with the road mesh, or the carriage mesh, somehow, and causing the physics engine to wig out when objects intersect?
The only mods you have that I can see that MIGHT be causing any sort of problem like this are:
SMIM messing with meshes
Unofficial Skyrim Patch messing with meshes (probably not, but still...)
WATER actually does mess with various meshes

I don't use convenient horses, don't know what it might do to the horses pulling carriages...

Last I checked Schlongs of Skyrim has some problem with carriages. Haven't been on one in like 2 years lol Live another life. But yeah touring carriages has SoS on it's incompatibility list. But to be fair carriages are buggy as hell and suck in general (This shit happens in vanilla Skyrim too), so just get Live another life - Alternate start and do yourself a favor and never do Helgen again!

The intro is bugged like hell in vanilla to. I start with controls off and apparently seated somewhere in between the driver and the back unable to move the camera or see beyond a wooden plank :-)

Besides it's only fun to watch the first time you start a new game. Long live Alternate start :-)

Hmm, I see, so Live Alternate life, how does that work? Does Helgen still get burned down and shit? How do you know what happens to it if people start asking you. What happens if you go up to the jarl and start the main mission? I have so many questions regarding this, that's why I try to stay away from it for now. But seeing as the carriages are acting fuck-all then I guess I have no other choice.

EDIT: I read somewhere that SOS indeed messes up your carriage, so I'll just use the Alternative Start.

The intro is bugged like hell in vanilla to. I start with controls off and apparently seated somewhere in between the driver and the back unable to move the camera or see beyond a wooden plank :-)

Besides it's only fun to watch the first time you start a new game. Long live Alternate start :-)

it's not the intro it's your game

game does that if i uncheck the fnis folder in mod organiser

62131423h3.jpg

23618322h1.jpg

Hmm, I see, so Live Alternate life, how does that work? Does Helgen still get burned down and shit? How do you know what happens to it if people start asking you. What happens if you go up to the jarl and start the main mission? I have so many questions regarding this, that's why I try to stay away from it for now. But seeing as the carriages are acting fuck-all then I guess I have no other choice.

EDIT: I read somewhere that SOS indeed messes up your carriage, so I'll just use the Alternative Start.

When you start the game, you start in a cell in the abandoned prison east of Whiterun.

There's a Mara statue in the cell. Activating the statue brings up a series of menus that go through the options of how you can start the game.

Options include things like "came by ship to skyrim" or "I own property in one of the holds" or "I'm a patron of a local inn" or "I was attacked and left for dead." There are lots of these options.

In each of these options are sub-options - for example, if you select "I came by ship to Skyrim" you can choose to start out in Solitude, Dawnstar, or Windhelm. Selecting "I'm a patron of a local inn" will give you a list of inns to choose from and you start the game there.

There are some restrictions - i.e. you can't select owning a house in Windhelm because that would interfere/break the Blood on the Ice quest; starting in the Winking Skeever in Solitude is impossible because that interferes with the beheading when you first enter Solitude, etc... so not everything is possible.

Each race has a unique starting point too - for example, if you start as a Breton, you get "I am a forsworn" but if you start as a Dunmer you get "I am a refugee from Morrowind" instead.

In general, you are started out with not a whole lot of stuff - some food, basic clothes, a little cash... but it depends on your start. For example, if select owning property in one of the holds, you start out with a fully furnished house, complete with all items inside plus a couple of others - like if you start out owning Vlindrel Hall in Markarth, you get a fully furnished house and a dwarven bow and dwarven arrows to start with.

Helgen starts destroyed unless you select the "I was caught trying to cross the border" which will then start the game with you in the cart with Ralof and Ulfric and go from there. Character creation takes place in the starting dungeon cell, so that part is skipped from the normal start, but everything else (supposedly) goes smoothly - supposedly because I've never selected it because CARRIAGES KEEP WIGGING OUT DANGIT!

All mention of helgen, dragons, the main quest, etc. is stopped and removed from the game from all starts, with a few exceptions. For example, Jarl Baalgruf won't say anything about dragons, etc. until:

If you start out as "camping in the wilderness" the game starts you close enough to Helgen to see Alduin flying away, and you get a quest to investigate the ruins of Helgen.

If you start out as any other start, you'll get a quest update when you talk to bartenders that there's something going on in darkwater crossing and to find out more, which leads to a quest that eventually takes you to Helgen, where you see Alduin flying away and continue from there.

I haven't tried the "starting as a member of the army" yet, so I'm not sure how that impacts the quest, but I'm sure it's integrated fine.

Whatever the start, once in Helgen you go in the back way to the keep and find Hadvar and Ralof sitting there, wounded. Whichever one you pick,the other one dies in a rockslide, and the main quest continues normally from there. Until you get to Helgen, both Ulfric and Tullius will be removed from the game, only placed in their castles once you get Ralof/Hadvar to Riverwood.

I didn't use this for a LONG time... mostly because I tried several alternate start mods for oblivion and Skyrim both, and most of them bugged out somewhat. This one actually works, though - I've created dozens of new chars and none of them have had any problems... the only actual "bug" I've found is that there is still one person in the whole of Skyrim who mentions dragons before I get to Helgen, and that's the guard on the front door of Whiterun (he doesn't stop you or anything, just says the city's closed with dragons about). I can highly recommend it.

There are a couple of videos going through all choices. These three videos are actually quite out of date - the mod has been updated and improved since then - but they still give you a good overview of how each start works.

Caveats:

Starting as "attacked and left for dead" SHOULD start you in a random place each time, but I've found it always seems to default to somewhere in Falkreath, occasionally Eastmarch... this is due to Skyrim's random number generator sucking. Save the game before activating the statue of Mara if you're going this route, so you can pick which start suits you.

Frostfall might make some starts extremely difficult - for example, if you pick "I was shipwrecked" start you start out in freezing cold water at some shipwreck, and it's quite easy to die.

Picking the "you are a necromancer in a secluded location" is probably the hardest start, because it starts you out in Sinderion's field laboratory in Blackreach, with a dwemer sphere just outside the door. Be prepared to fight much or run fast.

Starting out as a bandit will make bandits friendly to you... as long as you don't leave the location. Once you get out of sight, they'll become hostile to you. The same sort of thing applies to the Thalmor start - once you get to Helgen, you'll be removed from the Thalmor faction (because you abandoned your duties). Same applies to being a Warlock's Thrall, and possibly others.

Starting as a vampire starts you out at extreme hunger, and may be quite difficult to find someone to feed on without being attacked. Not sure how it works with Vampiric Thirst mod either - haven't actually tried them together.

Hope you enjoy it - I do.

did you check if your skyrim folder was empty before reinstalling?

it was while back. I simply right click delete the entire Skyrim folder and mygames skyrim folder. Unpack my vanilla backup and copy it into place drop the latest MO backup in and go.

I havent had the problem in a while though.

So hold on, lemme get this straight, in order to completely fix this wacky carriage. I have to get some sort of ModOrganizer? I've seen some of the mods asked me if I wanted to install something called MO, but I just figured I don't need it.

Also, the alternative start fixed the problem, thank you very much.

I've never used Mod Organizer before. To sort mods, I use BOSS or Wrye Bash and they both work well. I've tried LOOT, but it did strange things, like putting dependent files ABOVE their associated ESMs. Still, I guess since BOSS isn't being updated anymore, LOOT is probably the way to go.

Wasps mentioned the horse speed thing - I hadn't thought of that, but sure that would probably cause problems.

Glad the Alternative Start works for you... I really like it, both from a roleplaying perspective and because I got tired of the LONG carriage ride and intro in Helgen.

So hold on, lemme get this straight, in order to completely fix this wacky carriage. I have to get some sort of ModOrganizer? I've seen some of the mods asked me if I wanted to install something called MO, but I just figured I don't need it.

Best thing is, and i hate to say it, is do a complete fresh install of Skyrim. In a nutshell: Simply delete every Skyrim folder > in Steamapps and Mygames. Defrag your HD unless you have a SSD and get 7zip.

Reinstall Skyrim start it up once so INI files are generated and create a savegame just before or after character generation and one after leaving the cave in Helgen. Make a backup folder and copy The Skyrim folder from Steamapps and the Skyrim folder from Mygames into that backup folder. If you have enough storage space leave it at that or create a ZIP file.

Go get Mod Organizer and install it, read up on how to use it and setup executables. Start downloading mods and installing them, follow any suggestions on loadorder MO gives you and you should be good to go.

After you install each mod, start up the game using one of the clean saves you made earlier and verify the installed mod is working correctly. Close and install the next mods. In general it's safe to install Armor and weapon mods in batches of 10 or more at once. More intricate and elaborate mods like Sexlab install them one after the other verifying in between that they work ingame. If things do not work read the mod discription and make sure you have a correct load order (use LOOT from within MO and then manually move any mods according to the mod description/readme) and make sure you have all the required mods.

It's a lot of work the first time but you will be happy later you took the time for it. Eventually even with MO things will get screwed up at one point especcialy if you just get started.

Take a good look here to start:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Installation

should fix

Any mod that alters the mesh, physics or weight of a character will cause carts to flip the fuck out, and there really is no completely sure-fire 100% fix for every set up, other than to alter the cart itself not to react to outside impulse or havok input.

I have just started a new game to replicate your issue but everything went well for me.

I have SOS and Touring Carriages. It seems that this patch really works:

TouringCarriages SOS and Many Other Mods Compatibility Patch

It's on Nexus. It says I'm not allowed to post links so just Google it. :)

If you will have Touring Carriages, just don't ask the driver to go back to Helgen because when I tried, the gate is closed and the horse turned around and went another path through the forest to Helgen. It tried to get inside the small house that was burning at the start of the game then the carriage went crazy like inside a tornado. LOL. It's the first time I saw it.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Best thing is, and i hate to say it, is do a complete fresh install of Skyrim. In a nutshell: Simply delete every Skyrim folder > in Steamapps and Mygames. Defrag your HD unless you have a SSD and get 7zip.

Reinstall Skyrim start it up once so INI files are generated and create a savegame just before or after character generation and one after leaving the cave in Helgen. Make a backup folder and copy The Skyrim folder from Steamapps and the Skyrim folder from Mygames into that backup folder. If you have enough storage space leave it at that or create a ZIP file.

Go get Mod Organizer and install it, read up on how to use it and setup executables. Start downloading mods and installing them, follow any suggestions on loadorder MO gives you and you should be good to go.

After you install each mod, start up the game using one of the clean saves you made earlier and verify the installed mod is working correctly. Close and install the next mods. In general it's safe to install Armor and weapon mods in batches of 10 or more at once. More intricate and elaborate mods like Sexlab install them one after the other verifying in between that they work ingame. If things do not work read the mod discription and make sure you have a correct load order (use LOOT from within MO and then manually move any mods according to the mod description/readme) and make sure you have all the required mods.

It's a lot of work the first time but you will be happy later you took the time for it. Eventually even with MO things will get screwed up at one point especcialy if you just get started.

Take a good look here to start:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Installation

not true i can get the wagon to not go wacko even with a modded game

these are the steps i do to keep the wagons doing their correct thing at the beginning

1.  goto "Skyrim\Data\meshes\Actors\character"  folder

2.  then i go into the "animations"  and zip everything up into either a zip or 7z archive and then delete everything but that archive

3.  then i go into the "behaviors" folder and do the same thing there as i did in #2

4.  then i start a brand spanking new game with just the esm's from vanilla skyrim, run thru the opening scenes(the wagon in front      aways hits something but fixes itself right away and when i see the game autosaving i go right into the menu and do a new save(make a backup of this saved game)

5. reactivate all my mods sort mods with L.O.O.T. then go back to the animations and behaviors folders and extra archives back into original folders run FNIS

6. when ever i need to start a new game i load save from step 4 no more wonky wagons always start from where you step off of the wagon in Helgen

4.  then i start a brand spanking new game with just the esm's from vanilla skyrim, run thru the opening scenes(the wagon in front      aways hits something but fixes itself right away and when i see the game autosaving i go right into the menu and do a new save(make a backup of this saved game)

very bad advice

at helgen, there's tulius and other npc that you will meet later

civil war overhaul edit those npc, those npc are already in the save, they won't get those edits

a lot of things are put in the save, probably because if someone mess with that he can break the game

didn't saw any difference when i nerf some global values in requiem, so i put my damage modifier to 0% and load the save, that didn't did anything, only effective on a new game

if a random mod spawn some monsters near and some scripts mess with your escort, there's not much you can do about that, back to main menu and... try again

helgen start with only the dlc

GBVKzLP.jpg

OU9GHLz.jpg

there's no problem

but if i enable requiem esp, more of the time, the starting script won't survive it

ZZB96Gl.jpg

XxOt8og.jpg

YrAhOeJ.jpg

no problem here

uqFZ6Og.jpg

that esp wasn't a problem before, difference is i add that in it

Iridum Eyes NRT.esp

KS Hairdo's.esp

SGEyebrows.esp

SGHairPackAIO.esp

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

DeadlyCombat.esp

DeadlyCombat_GiantsAIFix.esp

Rebirth Monster.esp (nerfed version)

Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp

00FacialExpressions.esp

Craftable and Placeable Havok-enabled Bedrolls .esp

SSAssist_Tools.esp

TradeBarter.esp

iHUD.esp

FAMP2.esp

Unique BOOZE Bottles.esp

Potions.esp

ai overhaul

npc protected

feminine female

npc 85 (elf, bandit, dawnguard)

bijin warmaiden

seranaholic

halo

poser

etc etc

problem is halo and poser, those mods that's hundred of quests that generate rings at the start of the game

that's too much for the helgen script that won't be able to its stuff in time (no hadvar behing the carriage, flying horse, door won't open, the script break)

so i just start the game with an esp that don't have those quests, and load the one with those quests when it's safe to generate those rings

Archived