Skyrim new game cart rollercoaster

circ

I've gotten this problem before a few times, but not this persistently. And before anyone says - lolol you have too many mods; it's a well known vanilla issue.

So anyway, in case you're not familiar with what the somewhat ambiguous title means: When you start a new game you start off on the horsecart on your way to Helgen to get your head chopped off. Except sometimes Skyrim decides to really go nuts with havok and the horsecart starts flying, doing loops and all sorts of fun stuff happens. Usually this also means you never manage to arrive in Helgen.

This is a completely fresh Skyrim install, fresh .ini's and everything. I did throw in updated skeletons, bunch of SexLab mods etc. But that hasn't been an issue before as it usually starts off fine after a second retry. Now, ten+ restarts after, it's still flying. Is there a specific mod that worsens the issue? Say HDT_PE or something.

Never had a flying cart before. Maybe it's the physics bug when you have too much fps and things go flying crazy. This is fixed by capping the frame rate in enb.

Yeah that's supposed to be it. I call it a vanilla bug because people with fresh installs, with no mods whatsoever have it. FPS is capped at 60 due to vsync and monitor refresh doesn't go above 60 hz anyway.

Anyway, me, Ulfric and horsethiefguy all ended up standing on Helgen tower wall, or some wall. Jarl jumped down and script ran, horsethief said his lines but didn't move. Did disable/enable on him and he started running, jumped off the wall and they shot him, and my walking script worked. So I guess it's working.

Wouldn't mind a more permanent solution though.

I have 0 armor changing mods at the moment, except for latest version of SOS. No custom races either, no EEO.

As long as Vsynch is on it has to be a mod issue. It's a common vanilla bug for people who have vsynch off. A few noobs long ago adviced everyone switched vsynch off with no knowledge of the consequences, as a means to make your Skyrim faster. People still read those guides and spam the Nexus and Steam message boards asking why baskets randomly fly off or house furniture is launched upon entry. My guess is those horses get ragdolled in a non-vanilla way somehow by the carriage nudging them or such. I don't know if the carriages have collision set on, but the horses should. Speeding up gametime also causes this kind of bug. Alternately, an animated carriage mod or such seems like a possible and obvious reason also.

I had a similar issue with some mods installed.

Removing the mods didn't solve the issue, and I was surprised to see an uninstall/install again was not showing an improvement either.

I found after that uninstalling was not removing the whole skyrim folder and some mod files were remaining.

I had to delete the whole skyrim folder and install it again to have the starting game eventually repaired.

Now I keep a backup of the skyrim folder just after being installed, so I can revert back to that stage without having to download the game again.

But I guess it could be viewed as a solution worse than the issue.

My point is that if you uninstalled the game and have it installed again, your issue could be caused by some files from a former mod setup.

Nah, this was a complete Skyrim data flush - from game folder to all the stuff it sticks in the /home folder or whatever Windows calls it. But yeah it's likely mods then. Although my previous install had at most around 64 mods that I remember, this one has 44, and they're all the same ones. I had the horse cart issue once or twice with the old install, but it fixed itself after restarting. This time I kept restarting and got tired of it around the 20th time.

I had same issue as well except the carts and horses we're flipping out at the gate of Helgen, rather startling and funny as same time, needless to say i couldn't get into Helgen and therefore couldn't progress.

I've read i believe on http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition thread that your suppose to start adding the Mods after Helgen, although SkyUI and Skse is ok, reason being the game is still initializing while going through the Helgen episode.

I had lost a couple of starts due to having Racemenu mod (Ece)in Helgen as well.

Archived