Different Bodies in the same game

madderoftime

I followed the steps above and it sort of worked.

I can now use the naked armor I created as a skin' date=' my issue is that the the skin I created does not scale to the persons weight.

As the directs say, I only used the femalebody_1.nif, but I thought you used both that and femalebody_0.nif. From my understanding the difference between the two, is determined by the weight. A 100 weight is femalebody_1.nif while a 0 weight is femalebody_0.nif and a 50 weight is something between the two. I'm new to this so obviously i could be mistaken.

Anyways have any tips to fix this?

[/quote']

I tried it just to confirm but the way it works is the skin and thus the nif is configured with what it sees as 100% and will automatically look for the _0 file in the same location to scale the weight. The weight does scale. With the body only on the npc with a _0 and _1 file that are different scales or a default outfit that is 1. made for that body and also the _0 and _1 files have a difference. Many of the armors that were made don't scale since both files for the replacement were just copies of the same file.

I tried it just to confirm but the way it works is the skin and thus the nif is configured with what it sees as 100% and will automatically look for the _0 file in the same location to scale the weight. The weight does scale. With the body only on the npc with a _0 and _1 file that are different scales or a default outfit that is 1. made for that body and also the _0 and _1 files have a difference. Many of the armors that were made don't scale since both files for the replacement were just copies of the same file.

Then I screwed something up... Thanks for the reply.

I will start again and give it another try tomorrow.

Got a lot of bodies to add. A long way to go.

Bodies.jpg

Photobucket stopped your spoiler due to bandwidth.

This changes the body for a specific NPC. Problem then is if you change their cloths to one that uses a different body you have the same issue again. What we need is a type of flag that would tell the game that this outfit uses this body this one uses another. The skin is the first step I think. Then we would need something that would know the body type needed for an outfit and switch the skin when the armor is equipped. Obviously those with CK access could make their own patch for a NPC but then that overrides the original mod and a update could break that.

This changes the body for a specific NPC. Problem then is if you change their cloths to one that uses a different body you have the same issue again. What we need is a type of flag that would tell the game that this outfit uses this body this one uses another. The skin is the first step I think. Then we would need something that would know the body type needed for an outfit and switch the skin when the armor is equipped. Obviously those with CK access could make their own patch for a NPC but then that overrides the original mod and a update could break that.

LOL You and I are on the same wave length. I said this in the small breast thread a few days before the CC kit came out.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4061&pid=90591#pid90591

I was totally ignored over there but at least I'm not the only one thinking ahead.

I'm willing to at least do the leg work for asking each body mod owner (or at least a few main ones) if I can include a directory and skin specifically for their body. Doesn't really make sense to do it unless we can get support and at least work toward that goal. So what ones or how many would we want? A update later could include new ones or we could put in generic ones with a certain body at least. Caliente has offered to let us use that body for the basis. So there would be the default one. What others?

UNP

2pac4eva7's one I think that is TNT right?

CHSBHC

Nalim's one?

ADEC

Again the idea is a standardized directory structure and skins in a esp that makes it so anyone can use it as a master and point their NPC to the correct skin at least. A start is what I am proposing.

What others?

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for diversity I quite like 4uDIK's: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4535

And for CHSBHC I much prefer the reduced scale: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4961

Though wouldn't it be possible to have a framework that lets the player pick the body mods himself? Because I'd quite like to modify some of the shapes for my own use.

And it would be great if there was a way to assign a certain body not only to specific NPCs, but also to randomly spawned or entire classes of NPCs based on their type/faction and race. Even better if instead of just one body you could give each of those classes a certain probability for each body.

I'm willing to at least do the leg work for asking each body mod owner (or at least a few main ones) if I can include a directory and skin specifically for their body. Doesn't really make sense to do it unless we can get support and at least work toward that goal. So what ones or how many would we want? A update later could include new ones or we could put in generic ones with a certain body at least. Caliente has offered to let us use that body for the basis. So there would be the default one. What others?

UNP

2pac4eva7's one I think that is TNT right?

CHSBHC

Nalim's one?

ADEC

Again the idea is a standardized directory structure and skins in a esp that makes it so anyone can use it as a master and point their NPC to the correct skin at least. A start is what I am proposing.

You certainly have tnts permission. Im excited to see how this progresses

New account won't stop resizing my .jpg, sorry.

TESV2012-02-1222-12-29-48-1.png

I tried to use the same method to replace the skin for the head, but it didn't work. Maybe there needs to be a custom head part for each skin.

*Actually it might work if you had all the correct files, but I only tested it with a female_msn.dds replacement. Here's what it looked liked.

TESV2012-02-1212-27-31-06.png

New account won't stop resizing my .jpg' date=' sorry.

[img']http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh611/Clusta2/Skyrim/TESV2012-02-1222-12-29-48-1.png[/img]

I tried to use the same method to replace the skin for the head, but it didn't work. Maybe there needs to be a custom head part for each skin.

Do you... actually think the game looks better like that?

Just... seriously?

@2pac - Thanks! :-)

Got UNP as well. That's 3 so far.

I'm thinking we should have at least 1 Argonian and Khajiit set in there as well but that is some "tail" I have never looked into. Anyone have any idea's there?

@Endiness I looked at the head skin as well and there is more to it than just that. I didn't dig in yet cause the first step is getting the support like I said.

I'll start putting this together tomorrow and see where I end up with it.

Someone could model some clawed hands and feet for the time being, or maybe just a tail replacer so we know that it is only affecting Khajiit and Argonians, and only the specific ones. some spine ridges for the Argonians would be an easy addition. Just throwing out ideas. If I knew anything about the ck, I'd be helping as much as I can on that front.:blush:

One more thought, Maybe we could look into hacking the show race menu. Adding more sliders, maybe body color options for tattoos and the like, or making your biceps and chest bigger without doing the same to your thighs and calves. I know this is probably a ways away, but would be a really good addition to this idea.

I feel if different bodies are different flags then CBBE and CBBE slim should have different armors because they use different clothes.

ATM I use the Body slide to get slim and busty on the same body but with the flag system they would still use the same clothes so the skinny one would have huge breasts in some outfits and vice versa.

I really like 4uDIK's body mod, especially for the elderly. Shows breasts sag with age, which I like for some.

Did anyone find a way to quickly make the vanilla armors usable by a race that is using a different body from the others?

Copying the "Race armor" results in the new race using whatever nakedtorso the one it copied the "Race armor" from instead of the new one you specified. The only fix I found is setting the Race Armor to NONE and set EVERY vanilla armor to be usable by that new race manually.

For TNT and ADEC what race are you using for the head skin? Your body replaces it for Nord so that is the one I am making for it. Could make one for another race but the head is different for every race for at least a file or two. From what I seen the normal maps are different at least. Odd how that is setup.

ADEC - when adding the hands it says Femalehands_1.nif: HandFemale3rd is missing a specular map

Being that it uses the texture sets and not the texture path in the nif I don't think it will need altered nifs for this at all. We will see. Still adding all the assets. For the ones that were missing body parts but not textures I am filling in with CBBE. For ones that are missing textures also doing the same but in both cases will be pointing mostly back to default placement.

For Nalim since yours requires CHSBHC I am going to put those files in, configure and then remove them. It will require some steps for someone to use that body style because Cherry didn't want to have another location for her body nor another issue to try to support.

All of the bodies will be the current download and will point directly back to that mod to download and update as needed. I'll provide exact instructions for each if different.

Ok I tried to get this together at least and the face textures just are not liking it. I'm not good with those files at all so all I can do is the body part. TNT is drastic is color difference and would require a headpart and race but I don't know how to do that yet. ADEC is slight and a neck concealer would work I think. If not also a race and headdata change. EDIT: With the "Hera skin S2" or "Hera skin S3" download TNT looks fine. :)

What I did is made 10 separate body skins. CBBE being the overall replacer. (could be any or even default I suppose but for simplistic configuration and distribution that would work.)

Then ADEC, Bmod6, Bmod7, Bmod8, Bmod9, Bmod10, CBBE, Nalim, TNT, UNP

all with their own separate folders.

I tried it out for several races and didn't have any issues. The skins were set to default race and the armors all looked ok. Put on several that were body specific and that worked. This wouldn't change anyone's game unless a mod set the skin of a npc to one of them.

Skins are named:

SkinNakedADEC

SkinNakedBmod6

SkinNakedBmod7

SkinNakedBmod8

SkinNakedBmod9

SkinNakedBmod10

SkinNakedCBBE

SkinNakedNalim

SkinNakedTNT

SkinNakedUNP

The actual download would be about 44 MB.

Better would be to include the folder structure and esp file and then let the user download the bodies and copy over the files. Folder structure is just as straight forward as the skins.

Extract to a alternate location and check it out. Real small. Then just copy over the meshes and texture files with the esp file to your skyrim data directory and then the task of downloading each body and inserting the files in the right place. It could be put out there to use and then a mod could say you need like ADEC and UNP bodyskins installed. Nalim yours requires Cherry's files and your body so they would install all of cherry's files except the body, nifs and dds files in their normal location. Next copy the body nif files to the Nalim directory and the textures to the CHSBHC directory. After that overwrite the nifs in the Nalim directory with yours and it should work. I tried it and it worked on mine just fine. Although I think the Yarl of Solitude will never forgive me for making her a argonian with double H boobs.

Cheers!

I feel if different bodies are different flags then CBBE and CBBE slim should have different armors because they use different clothes.

ATM I use the Body slide to get slim and busty on the same body but with the flag system they would still use the same clothes so the skinny one would have huge breasts in some outfits and vice versa.

I really like 4uDIK's body mod' date=' especially for the elderly. Shows breasts sag with age, which I like for some.

[/quote']

with the Bmod6 - 10 slots you could put the other bodies in your game for a specific npc and I would think you would want to be specific in the saggy category. LOL

So if I understand this thread you are using the skin textures to create clothing? So if the modified NPCs wear other clothing the body shape will revert to the default shape?

This makes it so the textures a npc is using are the ones for a specific body. So if you set the skin for a npc to SkinNakenADEC in the ck that npc will look correct and track via it's weight settings fine for armor made for ADEC. However if you put a UNP outfit on her she may have some ugliness going on with the textures but the weight would still track fine.

Archived