Different Bodies in the same game

madderoftime

Ok the CK doesn't add masters by default it seems so I would load in the ck bodyskin.esp and the mod file to be altered. THen add the skin to a npc and save. Then used tesvsnip and loaded my mod file and bodyskin.esp and made bodyskin.esp a master to it. then in load order I would place thebodyskin.esp all the way to the top under the esm's. Has worked without a hitch now for a while so I call that a done deal. Anything else besides this like sliders and such I will leave to the talented body folks. Oh and this is just a give back here. I don't have nor want any claim to this stuff. Any body mod person what to claim this and post it anywhere? Go for it. Cheers! :)

Alright, so I used this same method to try and make a custom race. Everything worked perfect except there's one part I'm not really sure on. In "general data" in the custom race I made, I found something called "copied data". There's two categories morph race, and armor race. Depending on what I choose, and tick full preview, the body mimics the base set there.

So what I was trying to figure out is how to make a morph race or armor race, so I could choose the custom body I had made in the CK :D.

Otherwise in game my character has no body at all LOL. Yeah just a floating head.

Edit:

A HA! I figured it out. So what you need to do is leave morph race and armor race at none (which is default).

If you go over to the next tab "body data", and go down to "skin" (which is middle left) and selection your "custom skin" you made (as per madderoftime's instructions at page 2 post #13 link for the lazy: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=5046&pid=99561#pid99561 :D.

Now when you hit preview you'll see the proper body with your custom race! Awesome sauce!

So how do we get the sliders to adjsut body type? i added CHSBHC with bounce and CBBE textures and i can see it is applying to the NPCs i meed but wondered if we can adjust them..i saw a post that said we use a console command but i dont recall what it was exctlly..do we just click on them and then use the command to get the slider like GetRace in OB?

Alright, I noticed something wierd in game when I used madderoftime's method. It was the way it was supposed to be..except at step 10 you should do the body/feet and hands. When I just did the body, it didn't show up correctly until I made the others. Also in armoraddon part you should set the skin texture to the one you made (meaning dont leave it defaulted as skinbodyfemale_1). This helped my custom race actual have completely independent meshes and textures.

Now to make a character, then turn her into an npc with a custom race, and custom body ftw :D

• 3 months later...

Hey there... Just saw the note... Wow, that is indeed a big progress. Do you plan to put all this into a mod like "unique character"? That would be something... And what is about the UNPB-body?

Awesome info...

I am curious where this is going...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there... Just saw the note... Wow' date=' that is indeed a big progress. Do you plan to put all this into a mod like "unique character"? That would be something... And what is about the UNPB-body?

Awesome info...

I am curious where this is going...

[/quote']

Like I stated a bit back I was not pursuing this any further. Figured it out enough to help anyone that wanted to do that in their mod and that was good enough for me. Just was giving back is all. Feel free to use all you want it's just info not anything artistic. :)

• 4 months later...

The easiest way to implement this right now is to use Automatic Variants.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21377

You need to provide your skins as an AV package and assign it to the proper race/sex.

I just started using the mod. With the proper AV packages loaded, my game now displays several skeever variations. A total of 43 beasts have variants enabled. I do know it can be applied to people. I am not sure it would allow for a random skeleton to be picked though or even a different body type.

Implementing various body types would not be easy, as it would break the seams on the armors. It might be simpler to just randomly generate a bunch of skeletons of the same body such as would happen if someone played around with the sliders.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Months old topic, but still relevant today.

Has anyone solved this problem yet?

The closest thing I've found is this mod. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17642/?tab=4&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D17642%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D683693&pUp=1

It's working in my game, and it's pretty swell. It does more or less what it's supposed to - allows 3 separate custom body types complete with proper clothing and armor sets.

Unfortunately, it's also kind of complicated to work with and pretty buggy. It'd be nice if there were a more complete solution.

Archived