Different Bodies in the same game

madderoftime

At one point I had used GECK and made different bodies for all the people I had in a personal vault of mine for Fallout. I'd like to do that in the creation kit for my own use at the very least. I like outfits and bodies from ADEC, CBBE, 2pac and Cherry's and think it would be very cool to be able to assign specific bodies and folders for those bodies and a separate race maybe for each housecarl. I looked and have not figured out where it is in the creation kit. Any help there?

If this should not be here I apologize in advance. TY

Funny you should say this I am trying to do the exact same thing. Currently trying to give Lydia the muscles textures. I've looked into making a custom race for her a Muscle Nord as you will but it seems all the textures are assigned in an .egt file and I am unable to locate this file in the BSA to extract.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ideally it would be great if we could divide NPCs, including radiantly spawned NPCs, into several categories/races, and assign a different body type to each of them. You could have one body type for female bandits, one for thieves, one for mages, one for soldiers...

I can't answer your question though, haven't had time to look into it yet.

We used to do a race for char and then in the race pic the body textures and such. Like if anyone remembers Kelsey in FO3. Then all we would have to do is assign the race to the NPC and we're good. Just not seeing it here. I can see where you can pick a .egt file but that is something I know nothing about. :dodgy:

Going to go did on the wiki page for a bit and see if they show something there.

I'll lend a little hand on what I can.

I have so far been able to give Lydia only new textures. To do this I had to create a new Skin ARMO and then make new Skin ARMA files to be referenced within the ARMO.

NPC's can then be assigned this new skin specifically so you don't have to create a new race to use it.

I'm working on custom races right now and failing horribly.

Ah ha! That worked!

Texture set, then form list for the torso, then armor addon, then armor, then armor as skin for char base for Jordis so don't need to do a new race. Noticed that the armors are all by race now so making new races is going to be a pain I'd think. Probably not for others but I'm good now.

Jordis in ADEC and my char in UNP :)

post-28389-13597873016888_thumb.jpg

Awesome work Madderoftime! I been thinking of doing this EXACT same thing LOL. Glad to see you found a way to do it. All I can say is when I got the CK I was like "YES it looks identical to Oblivion!". Then I go into and try to use it..........yeah. Going to take a while to figure this all out. Trying to make a custom race is....annoying. There's a file I still can't find the UpperBodyHumanFemale.egt file anywhere.

What I was thinking would be the best solution would be to standardize where the different body types are for each armor. Like have a folder under the ...assets\CBBE and another ADEC and so on. Then whatever armor you were using would have it's own body style to point at.

However the way this works is the skin is chosen at the base object if wanted and some are or by the default race and left blank at the object. When you chose a new race everything has to be told to allow that race to use it. So I choose "default race" for everything and then at the base object level just choose the new skin but left her Nord race. Made it so I did not have to change the armor. I still have the race in there and may play with that later.

Still having a nightmare of a time with face color. It looks dead on perfect in the kit but in the game she's shadowed or darker. Also I have not been able to tell if the body parts with the armor change with the complexion. I'm thinking not. :-/

Well this may not be what someone else will say but this worked for me for Jordis:

1. Open the Creation Kit and then do a File > Data > double click Skyrim.esm then click [ok]

2. In the object window open +Miscellaneous > TextureSet

3. Double click in right pane on SkinBodyFemale_1

4. In the top field in the window change SkinBodyFemale_1 to SkinBodyFemaleJordis_1

5. Click in the next small list Diffuse then below it click on edit. Browse to your folder and file for the Body _1.dds

6. Double click the file and it takes you back to the TextureSet window

7. do the same for the Normal/Gloss,Subsurface,detail, and Specular then click [ok] at the bottom

8. When prompted to save as a new ID choose yes

9. do steps 3 through 8 for SkinHandFemale_1 as well

10. On the left under +Miscellaneous > FormList click on FormList and on the right right click and choose new

11. FormID name it SkinFemaleHumanBodyJordis

12. Move that window to the side and then in the object window again click on +Miscellaneous > TextureSet

13. Find SkinBodyFemaleJordis_1 and click and drag to the FormList window you have open and drop in the blank list.

14. click [ok] on the FormList and save

15. Then on the left in the Object window click on ArmorAddon

16. Find NakedFeet and double click

17. Modify the ID at the top I did NakedFeetJordis

18. in the Female section the Biped Model is the femalefeet_1.nif in your new location (or whatever you called it)

19. Skin texture is the SkinBobyFemale_1 you made earlier in textureset (yes the body one cause the feel are on the same texture)

20. Skin Texture swap list is the Formlist you made

21. click [ok] and save

22. use steps 16 through 21 for NakedHands and NakedTorso with the difference being of course the nif is the respective one, the texture set is the respective one and the hands have no Skin Texture Swap

23. Now on to the left pane in object window again and choose Armor. Find in there SkinNaked

24. double click and change the ID name. I used SkinNakedJordis

25. Bottom near the right is a models section

26. right click and [new] in the whitespace

27. pick your NakedFeet one that you made and named and click ok

28. do the same for your NakedHands and NakedTorso

29. then delete the original naked feet,hands,torso from the list

30. should only show your new ones now

31. click [ok] at the bottom and save

32. Now you have the body there you can apply it to a char

33. I of course was doing Jordis (pardon the pun - no mod for that yet ;-)

34. all the way to the top of object window is Actors. I click there and found HousecarlSolitude and double clicked

35. in the traits tab all you have to do now is change the Skin in the drop down under race to the armor you made in step 24 and click ok at the bottom. Save

36. File > save name your new esp file and placement (should default to the data directory for Skyrim) ok and then just enable and enjoy.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Using a nice structure for the files I was able to make it so Lona was UNP, Lydia was CHSBHC and Jordis was ADEC. My overall replacer was CBBE. Body tint/color does change so cool it works. :)

Would be best to actually make a small mod for the bodies to be there then you could apply the skin to the char in later mods easily. So many right now are changing the Housecarls seems like they are forever overriding it. :dodgy:

Just putting this out there, I would like to see a mod that uses a specific body and skeleton for each race. So Orcs have muscle and body builder skins and meshes respectively, Nords, taller and more muscular, Khajiit and Argonians with digigrade legs and race specific feet i.e. talons for argonians, cat feet for khajiit, etc. Like the multiple body type mod for oblivion. It could even take an average of a particular npc/pc's combat stats and level and modify the weight slider.

I'm a newbie when it comes to modding skyrim, or any bethesda game, so not sure if this is possible, but would love to see it done.

Awesome work Madderoftime! I been thinking of doing this EXACT same thing LOL. Glad to see you found a way to do it. All I can say is when I got the CK I was like "YES it looks identical to Oblivion!". Then I go into and try to use it..........yeah. Going to take a while to figure this all out. Trying to make a custom race is....annoying. There's a file I still can't find the UpperBodyHumanFemale.egt file anywhere.

the game being like any other beth game.. its in the meshes BSA :)

Funny how "armor addon" sounds so insignificant but is actually so important as it contains all the body parts now heh

It would be nice to have something that would reandomly spawn different bodies for NPCs' date=' companions and player characters would be seperate but it would be nice to have the variety as in real life.

[/quote']

The sliders are clearly an improvement over Obliviout but clearly you're not quite there yet are they?

Thanks loads madderoftime.

I shall be experimenting with that soon. Currently dealing with a bug with the creation kit that needs to be fixed. Will link the thread here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1343692-color-mismatch-facebody/

Ah! so that was what I was seeing with Jordis' head. TY Ravencroft. I worked around it by not touching the facegen files at all. Each kept their existing face without issue. Hope Bethesda figures that out and corrects because making new npcs looks darn near impossible or at least a major pain.

This is something I'm greatly hoping shows up -- and I'm certainly willing to work with any BodyAuthority standard that shows up so that CBBE can be used at the same time as the other options. I don't know enough about how that stuff works in the creation kit to have any valuable input yet though.

Hopefully it's something that can be elegantly accomplished with CK, custom races, and perhaps SKSE, but I'm willing to program my way around the problems if I can identify them :)

Just putting this out there' date=' I would like to see a mod that uses a specific body and skeleton for each race. So Orcs have muscle and body builder skins and meshes respectively, Nords, taller and more muscular, Khajiit and Argonians with digigrade legs and race specific feet i.e. talons for argonians, cat feet for khajiit, etc. Like the multiple body type mod for oblivion. It could even take an average of a particular npc/pc's combat stats and level and modify the weight slider.

I'm a newbie when it comes to modding skyrim, or any bethesda game, so not sure if this is possible, but would love to see it done.

[/quote']

I didn't mess with the skeletons at all. Would be nice yes cause that was a issue in Oblivion that we could only ever have one skeleton for people.

This is something I'm greatly hoping shows up -- and I'm certainly willing to work with any BodyAuthority standard that shows up so that CBBE can be used at the same time as the other options. I don't know enough about how that stuff works in the creation kit to have any valuable input yet though.

Hopefully it's something that can be elegantly accomplished with CK' date=' custom races, and perhaps SKSE, but I'm willing to program my way around the problems if I can identify them :)

[/quote']

The mod part would be easy the issue would be that it would have to contain the body files for each of the different ones that are seen as "standard" or "most widely supported". Would end up being a huge download or much manual intervention by people to download each and put in the proper place. Permissions from each body author as well. Doable though.

Might be able to create a manager tool that keeps track of all that stuff, leveraging the download API that NMM uses to grab mod files. (an NMM plugin would be great but I don't think there's a plugin api)

The multibody mod would be pretty simple, perhaps only containing one body, and other bodies would simply need to offer a download in the compatible package layout. I give permission for CBBE bodies to be used this way. :)

I followed the steps above and it sort of worked.

I can now use the naked armor I created as a skin, my issue is that the the skin I created does not scale to the persons weight.

As the directs say, I only used the femalebody_1.nif, but I thought you used both that and femalebody_0.nif. From my understanding the difference between the two, is determined by the weight. A 100 weight is femalebody_1.nif while a 0 weight is femalebody_0.nif and a 50 weight is something between the two. I'm new to this so obviously i could be mistaken.

Anyways have any tips to fix this?

Archived