Can't download any mods, please help!

philroid

So, I'm pretty new here (signed up today, in fact), and basically the problem is that, well, I can't seem to download any mods from the site.

Every time I try, I get a popup saying "Application not found". I have no idea if there's something I've missed or if it's a problem with my PC or something, but if anyone knows anything, please let me know.

PS: I'm sorry if there's a fix for this problem already on another thread, I may have missed it...

Guest carywinton

Lets see what we can find out to help you get going here. What Internet Browser are you using? What Anti-virus program or Internet Suite are you using? Has this problem happened on any other sites that use IP.Board like Nexus? I will try to help the best I can.

Guest carywinton

I wonder if Google Chrome or Panda did some kind of automatic update and changed some of the settings or permissions for the firewall, try and see if you can download with another Browser like FireFox or even IE11.

I guess I can try...though the error message comes up after the download is complete. I'll try with a different browser and get back to you.

If this doesn't work, I can take a couple of screenshots so you can see exactly what the problem is.

Guest carywinton

Ok, no hurry, I tried Firefox myself just to use it for copy and paste, IP Board and IE11 have issues there, and I noticed a ton of popups with Firefox and this site, I think I will need a pop up blocker add on for Firefox. Since you still cannot download, I would say there is something blocking it, either Anti-virus or firewall, it's odd to be getting a "missing application" dialog box, when no extra application is needed. Did you have any kind of download manager installed at one time?

Guest carywinton

Make sure Chrome is set in your firewall for "allowed" in both private and public networks. This should be under the Windows Firewall setting in advanced. I will have to look up how Panda Cloud works to see if there are any changes it makes to the built in firewall of Windows. Most of the Anti-Virus Internet Suite programs actually turn it off in favor of theirs.

Gave your suggestion with Chrome a try, didn't seem to make a great deal of difference.

Is there a particular program I need to download mods from this site? I get the feeling now that that's not the answer, but I feel like I ought to ask anyway.

Guest carywinton

Unfortunately no there is no "required" download manager or the like. You may try to install and use one, I had not considered this, I get the feeling some residual leftover from NMM is the cause of all this, would not surprise me with all the mud slinging that goes on. I think Prideslayer was working on a way of hooking his version of "FOMM" Fallout Mod Manager, to actually connect to both Nexus and here when doing Mod updates, which reminds me, I should check back on his OP and see how that development is going along. The "box" you get on your screen when you attempt a download from "LL" stated "application not found" so I still think your system is looking for some kind of add on downloader of sorts, so maybe installing something like FreeDownloadManager or the like might just do the trick.

I don't get a "save file" option, which is peculiar. The options I get are "open when done", "show in folder", etc.

This is when the download starts, right?

And don't worry about the unhelpful information, I didn't see your post until after you edited it. :P

Archived