From partitially following ths thread, i guess it's a left over from a mod that makes your toon essential and this state is removed when you go to sleep (very likely another mod that adds events to sleeping).

Possible fix:

- load the affected save game

- enable god mode via console (enter "tgm" [again w/o quotes])

- disable essential via console (click on your toon with the console opened and enter "setessential 0" [w/o quotes])

- goto sleep and wait for your toon to wake up

- heal your toon, if needed

- disable god mode (the same way you enabled it)

- save as new save game

- completly quit the game

- fire up the game and load the latest save game

- verify it worked by going to sleep again and hope you don't die

The order is important.

As for clicking on your toon with the console opened:

Make sure you really clicked your toon and not some other stuff like dust, mist a.s.o..

if you managed to click your toon, then the players iD (00000014) should be written on top of the console.

I am going to try something else first then maybe try out your idea, I use a controller btw would that be a problem for trying you idea? and I take it when you say toon you mean character right? asking because it sounds like it, but never heard anyone referring to the PC as toon

OK I am not sure why, and I will be informing the maker of realistic regeneration but after uninstalling RR I went back to my game and slept without dying, I will play the game for a the day and sleep a few more times just to be sure, but if everything goes well than the source of the problem has been confirmed as RR. I will let you guys know how it goes in approximately 3 hours 

ok after some testing I have confirmed that RR was indeed the cause of the problem, in fact going to realistic regeneration page there is a stated issue of what is happening to me, so this is in fact a problem with the mod

mod by the way is found here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55507/?

apparently the latest update of 2.09 (I was using 2.08) claims to fix the sleep damage problem, I am going to test it out and add onto this post if it is resolved

Is the issue resolved?

answer: WIP

Archived