Ok, my problem is pretty simple, every time I go an sleep on a bed I wake up with no health, since I have death alternative uninstalled I luckily just wake up on my knees in a bleed-out scene, and after a bit I get up and go about my business. But it is pretty annoying to wake up and have to wait a while till my character decides she is no longer bleeding out.

I don't know what to blame for this as all the mods I have are mods I have used in the past and I have had no problems, this only started happening after I did a clean save a while back, I did another clean start (completely uninstalling and deleting all skyrim items and re installing it) to see if that helps, but again I keep waking up with the same problem. all mods I installed at the time this started happening have nothing to do with deaths, most were just a few adult mods and a few visual mods.

What I want to know is if anyone else is having this problem and if they know what is causing it.

Please see my last post, I am no longer trying to resolve this through experimenting, but if anyone positively knows what the issue is let me know

load order....I can try to post that but seeing as I have like 50 mods or so it is a long list....lets see... ahem (clears throat)

In the spoiler is the load order... it is big and yes I do this every time I need to do a clean start for skyrim, takes me a good few hours

Anything in red is things I think may be part of the problem

SKSE

unofficial skyrim patch

unofficial dawnguard patch

unofficial hearthfire patch

unofficial dragonborn patch

unofficial texture patch

FNIS

FNIS creature patch

SKUI

Fuz ro doh

death alternative your money or your life

Alternate start - live another life

Customizable cameras

Adult toys merchant

Sexlab Framework

Sexlab Aroused

Sexlab attraction

Sexlab Approach

HDT Physics

HDT High Heels extension

Apachi Hair

Improved eyes skyrim

NK eye customization Overhaul

Dimonized UNP female body

The Skeleton of female models - Perfect 3-2

Devious Devices Assets (I select the UNP option)

Race Menu

A quality world map

Achieve that!

Start up FNIS run the upgrade procedure, then start up Skyrim, let mods load properly and customize them then save and go back to loading more mods

Zaz Animation

Devious Devices (DD from now on) loading screen

DD intergration

DD Expansion (I select the UNP option)

Defeat

Adult werewolves

horny wolves, hounds and dogs of skyrim

Nude creatures

Immersive bodies (I dont load any of the race fixes for the game)

Creature features

More Nasty Critters

Beastiality Pack

Beastiality Extra

Again I run FNIS start the game, leave it for a few minutes to let mods completely load, then I customize them (and turn defeat on), wait a few more minutes then save and quit to load more mods...yeah not done yet

Deviously cursed loot

deviously restrained

gag sounds

Prison Overhaul

Slavegirls

DD for the Masses 2

Devious Cidna 

Deviously helpless

Devious Interactions

Devious Captures

Devious Regulations

Dangerous nights

Brawling Patch

SOS

Net Immersion Override 

Sexlab cumshot

Radiant Prostitute

Sexlab wear and tear

sexlab stop combat

sexlab match maker

Sexlab trainers dragonborn edition

sexlab aroused creatures

SSv2 (cant remember what this is exactly but it was some sort of alternat choice thing that lets you do sexual dialog paths)

Dangerously nude

Sex with thieves

Sexlab Sperm replacer

I then again go and do the FNIS, load the game, let it load all the mods, then customize, save, and quit to load more mods...these mods I never really load in any particular order as none of them seem to have requirements that clash with other mods

Overflowing magic replacer

SKUI show armour slots

Spouses Enhanced

Staff of Magnus Overhaul

College Days Winterhold

Bandolier - Bags pouches

Equipment degradation 

Functional Bags

INeed Food water and sleep

Harder lockpicking

When Vampires attack

All body mods compatible female mannequin

cloaks of skyrim

glowing ore weins

Immersive college of winterhold

KenMOD - lock picking pro cheat

No naked comments

order my items

RE real estate

Realistic regeneration (needs turning on after I start the game)

safety load

sanctuary cleanup - unlimited torture victims

thieves guild requirements 

I again run FNIS just to be safe then start up let every thing load, customize what I want then save and quit to load the next lot

Captured Dreams

Captured dreams patch

Dark disciple (stand alone file)

zarias restraints

UNP clothing merchants 1 2 3 parts

Tera Armours collections for Skyrim

Captured Dreams (CD from here on) Calyps sextoys addon

CD dark disciple standalone

CD tera armours UNP shop addon

CD zarias restrains addon

CD terra armors addon

again I do FNIS just to be safe, run skyrim, load game let mods load then customize and save and quit for the last biggest Item

Immersive Armours

I then do another FNIS, just out of habit, and run the game, load the game, let Immersive armours load, customize it, then wait for a bit, save, then I start playing the game by talking to the mara statue found in alternate start live another life.

I may have mixed up a few of the mods in load order, but in general this is what it is

As i said before the ones in red I feel are likely part of, if not the source of the problem

As I said before I am really wanting to see if anyone else has this problem, I can live with it as I can just use heal and get some training in restoration, but it can be slightly annoying.

does LOOT work with nexus mod manager? asking because right now I use Nexus Mod manager, I am used to it and if LOOT does what you say it can I am more than happy to use it, but it won't do me much good if I cant use my mods with it.

I am currently downloading LOOT and will likely find out the answer for myself, but please let me know anyways if you have a moment^^

does LOOT work with nexus mod manager? asking because right now I use Nexus Mod manager, I am used to it and if LOOT does what you say it can I am more than happy to use it, but it won't do me much good if I cant use my mods with it.

I am currently downloading LOOT and will likely find out the answer for myself, but please let me know anyways if you have a moment^^

I would be surprised if LOOT did not work with NMM, but do yourself a huge favor, do not use NMM switch to MO and save yourself a lot of future headache. :D

Yes it does personally I use NMM still wont swap to MO don't have the patience to make sure ll my mods work well with it since I run 254 non merged 266 merged mods that would be alot of work. 

It is a lot of work to make the switch but it is oh so worth it, I wish I had done it much sooner instead of having NMM break so many of my games for so long.

I'm not switching to MO I tried switching before became too confusing and created a bigger headache for me that sorting this mess is doing.

Now I ran LOOT....not sure exactly what I am supposed to do here, I ran (i think) the sort plugins feature, it did a bunch of stuff and gave me a spread sheet saying what was wrong, and told me for a few of the mods to use TES5Edit I went and found it and downloaded the installer, but it wont run, do I need a specific program to run that?

Feel free to post if you need any help cleaning your mods its essential and may be causing your issue dirty mods mess a lot up I will be surfing the net for awhile. As far as me swapping to MO I dont have the patience examples 1) just reloaded a save from 4 hrs irl prior to when a issue cropped up I posted here and working on catching up and 2) I decided 2 days ago to try oblivion out for the first time since skyrim launched I spent a full day dling mods and another trying to solve a major issue keeping the game from starting ive given up for now on that. At this moment im converting a armor I found and want to my body shape its allready the right type but missing a weight slider function and the current shape has a d or e cup yet my girl has b cup so trying to fix that but I might kill it since I wanna play but my pc cannot run clothing converter and skyrim at the same time.

You character's death was prevented by a mod. They didn't use the vanilla bleed out but instead used a different method of making your PC immortal.

Had this problem with a really early version of Sanguine Debauchery, Fixed it by removing the mod and re-installing it. Had to use tim (toggle immoral mod) to remove it though.

I had put in Death alternative for a second on my current PC, thought it sucked and went back to SM essential Player, but I simply used the uninstall feature then used Skyrim's save game script cleaner. Remove DA and clean out the scripts then go to sleep if you still die its something else if not just reinstall it cause the problems fixed.

Learning Tes5edit isn't really going to help you in this situation since what you described is a script based error and not a mod conflict. Learn it anyway though.

Also I'm pretty sure it's not Sexlab Defeat as well since that let's DA handle the bleed out if they are both installed (it's what I was checking when I installed DA)

if this had been happening all the time I would believe it was a problem with DA but I have had that mod installed for ages and never had this problem, I am trying something right now that might fix the problem, will get back to you guys on if it does.

ok after using LOOT and the TES5Edit I tried replaying a game I had already been playing, the death on sleep was still happening, so I decided to try a new game, not toy around with any of the mod settings, and poof it now works fine, no death on sleep. going to now toy with a few of the mods and see if something makes the death on sleep happen again, if I find out what it is I will let you guys know

ok so far I have ruled out problems with defeat, realistic regeneration, Death Alternative, Dangerous nights and a few other mods, so far I think maybe it was the load order in which case the solution was using the LOOT system to which I thank you guys for showing me that.

I will let you guys know if any further problems with the death on sleep happen, but for now consider this resolved thanks to LOOT

If it's working fine on a new game, then it sounds like it was probably just a combination of dirty mods and a bad load order messing things up. If it all works fine after cleaning and sorting, I'd just leave it as is and not worry about it anymore.

Edit: Ah you snuck a post in while I was typing. :P

Good to see you got it all fixed up then. :)

If it's working fine on a new game, then it sounds like it was probably just a combination of dirty mods and a bad load order messing things up. If it all works fine after cleaning and sorting, I'd just leave it as is and not worry about it anymore.

that is what I am doing, i am going to update a few mods and use LOOT from now on, I have put your response above as the resolver to my problem, thanks for suggesting LOOT and giving me that link

NVM i just died again when I slept, whatever the problem was it started up again in the game, so something I did set it off.

when I started a new game I was ok at first, but I suddenly started having the death in sleep problem again. well I tested it a bit, thought at first that dying for the first time might have triggered it, so went to a save before my first death (and rape) and went to a safe bed and slept there for 8 hours, I died and went into bleedout.

after a bit more experimenting I discovered that while sleeping I was taking about 10-12 damage an hour (started with 100 health, slept for 8 hours dead, start with 100 health slept for 6 hours woke up with low health, by the time I checked it i was at 24 HP)

So something is causing me damage over time on sleep. I am out of Ideas as to what it might be, I have tried using LOOT (which has done a lovely job with my load order so thanks again for showing me that) I have tried cleaning up my skyrim files using TES5Edit, I have tried turning mods off that I thought were causing the problem, I give up.

Honestly I can live with this bug, but if anyone has an

idea that can fix this let me know, in the mean time

consider this not resolved, but no longer a concern

for me.

Trying going to healing shrine before doing anything else. It sounds like your either have a legacy condition that no longer has a hooked cause (cause you removed the mod thereof) or you enabled a state that also no longer exists except it's still in your save.

The only thing that sounds suspect to me then is the Realistic Regeneration mod. In the mod's description, it says that it's supposed to regenerate HP while you sleep. Clearly this isn't happening, so either that mod isn't working properly or there's some sort of conflict going on with it. I don't see anything else in your mod list that would do that.

It says in the description that it has MCM menus to toggle off certain features. Maybe try turning off the regeneration while sleeping aspect.

From partitially following ths thread, i guess it's a left over from a mod that makes your toon essential and this state is removed when you go to sleep (very likely another mod that adds events to sleeping).

Possible fix:

- load the affected save game

- enable god mode via console (enter "tgm" [again w/o quotes])

- disable essential via console (click on your toon with the console opened and enter "setessential 0" [w/o quotes])

- goto sleep and wait for your toon to wake up

- heal your toon, if needed

- disable god mode (the same way you enabled it)

- save as new save game

- completly quit the game

- fire up the game and load the latest save game

- verify it worked by going to sleep again and hope you don't die

The order is important.

As for clicking on your toon with the console opened:
Make sure you really clicked your toon and not some other stuff like dust, mist a.s.o..
if you managed to click your toon, then the players iD (00000014) should be written on top of the console.

The only thing that sounds suspect to me then is the Realistic Regeneration mod. In the mod's description, it says that it's supposed to regenerate HP while you sleep. Clearly this isn't happening, so either that mod isn't working properly or there's some sort of conflict going on with it. I don't see anything else in your mod list that would do that.

It says in the description that it has MCM menus to toggle off certain features. Maybe try turning off the regeneration while sleeping aspect.

I was thinking the same thing, going to try a test and run a new game without realistic regeneration installed and see if the problem persists, after all these problems did start occurring around the time I installed RR, course I did install about six other mods at the same time so I never was sure

Archived