Final thieves guild quest problem (spoilers)

neobunny

This has been bothering me for a ages now. On my first playthrough as a stealthy thief/assassin build my thieves guild quest line was screwy. No matter what I do, the final quest Under New Management wont start.

I've done all the special jobs for the various holds in skyrim, and I cant find anything else thieves guild related that I could have missed. Any time I talk to Brynjolf he just gives me the usual "Sorry lass, I've got other things to do" speech. I even tried the suggested console command "setStage TGLeadership 0" to force start the final quest, but that did absoluteley nothing. I still have my thieves guild armor set, and had upgraded the top to enhance carry weight through Tonala before.

I do remember talking to Brynjolf about me becoming guild master before finishing the nightingale questline, but nothing seemed to come of it. I didnt recieve the black guild master outfit, amulet or key. This was before I had even done the special jobs needed.

That wasnt the only problem I had with the questline. I had to use console command to skip the Dampened Spirits quest because it glitched on me and would not start, which funnily with the new skyrim update it suddenly started for me out of nowhere even though I had completed the rest of the guild quests.

I also had a problem at the end of the nightingale questline where Karlia kept trying to leave the room as soon as she entered when speaking to Nocturnal. She even tried to leave before talking to ghost of Gallus. I only managed to get through the quest by rushing to the exit and blocking her from leaving. But now that its over she is nowhere to be found. Is she ment to dissapear? I thought she would have shown up at nightingale hall or the thieves guild, but shes completely disapeared. Shes not at the place you returned the key either.

I'm at a complete loss at what to do. Its bugging the hell out of me, I cant get the "One with the shadows" achievement and its pretty much the last big quest I have left in the game. I've completed every other guild questline, main story and helped the imperials win the war.

I have not been playing it in some time, but I made speaker, and re established the new home for the Guild no problem.

Wish I could remember more about it. I did not kill the jester. not sure if that has anything to do with it.. I liked the morbid Bastard..LOL

But sometimes i regret not killing him also..

I had barely started the thief's guild quest line last time I was playing, so I will check back here if I get started back on it.

I had the same problem as you neobunny. Made all the quests, but never got to be guild master. Karlia is in the frost-thing-sanctuary, where you seek her out with mercer, and where you get tranquilized by her, but she wont say nor do anything useful.

As I read it somewhere, that sometimes happens with the thieves questline, and is especially annoying, because even console commands or loading an older save wont help.

If someone has a solution for this situation I would be thankful.

You have to do the ' special jobs ' . Check this out ( MAJOR SPOILERS ' date=' so don't click the link if you don't want access to how to do the Thieves guild quests ) ( http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Thieves_Guild_%28faction%29#Quests )

[/quote']

Like I said I did all the special jobs. I know there isnt one for Riften, but I did some extra small jobs there just incase, but that didnt help either.

I even did the toying with the dead, caravan fence, and restored the crown in no stone unturned. I think the only things I didnt do was find all the larceny target treasures you can optionally find during each of the thieves guild quests.

Sorry you're encountering bugs... Mine has been a little weird, too.

There seems to be a ton of bugs with the thieves guild, and the whole quest line just doesn't flow together very well (even though I did enjoy it). I did the main quest and thought it bugged out when I finished it. Brynjolf won't talk to me, and Karliah never went back to Nightengale Hall. I read that finishing the side jobs might fix that though, so I've been working on those.

But I really don't get why they designed it that way... It makes the game feel like it's broken.

My only solution is to wait for the Creation Kit to come out and hope someone fixes it all :(

I have not been playing it in some time' date=' but I made speaker, and re established the new home for the Guild no problem.

Wish I could remember more about it. I did not kill the jester. not sure if that has anything to do with it.. I liked the morbid Bastard..LOL

[/quote']

Um.. that's not the thieves guild, that's the dark brotherhood. In the dark brotherhood I didn't encounter any bugs.

And why the hell would you kill cicero? He is the NPC with the most personality in all of tamriel. ^^

yeah, the karlia leaving the room issue, its an easy fix really... but kinda weird.

after you get the nightingale armor, just run ahead of her to the room where she talks to you and whats his face before she leaves on you. BUT make sure that when she gets there and while she talks your back has to be in the direction of the door. just stand by that little step with your back towards the locked door (that you need her to open) and have her and whats her face in front of you... i hope this helps. if you do this she should walk in the opposite direction towards the locked door and not the exit.

yeah' date=' the karlia leaving the room issue, its an easy fix really... but kinda weird.

after you get the nightingale armor, just run ahead of her to the room where she talks to you and whats his face before she leaves on you. BUT make sure that when she gets there and while she talks your back has to be in the direction of the door. just stand by that little step with your back towards the locked door (that you need her to open) and have her and whats her face in front of you... i hope this helps. if you do this she should walk in the opposite direction towards the locked door and not the exit.

[/quote']

The problem wasnt when getting the armor. It was at the last room where you return the skeleton key to the twilight sepulcher. As soon as you placed the key in the center she would walk in through one of the doors and then immediatly turn round and leave.

Pretty much after placing the key I'd have to run to the door where she enters and block her from exiting untill Nocturnal appears and she goes into her praying stance. Also had to block her from leaving so I could see her little conversation with Gallus's ghost. But after that conversation she just stood there. When I left and entered the room she was gone. But after that she was nowhere to be found in the game.

Archived