Versioning and Changelogs and Ruby Slippers, oh my...

astymma

When you create a mod, please add some form of versioning to your esp/esm files. Even if it's something as simple as "v1" in the description, that's fine... but a Global float variable with the version is better. Keep it current and update it in your OP.

Keep an accurate changelog with dates and version numbers with a short description of what you changed somewhere in your OP. It really, really helps keep track of where a mod is and what's new and current for users.

Or... I can put on some ruby slippers and kick you in the ass ;)

Seriously though, these suggestions will be greatly appreciated by your users...

When you create a mod' date=' please add some form of versioning to your esp/esm files. Even if it's something as simple as "v1" in the description, that's fine... but a Global float variable with the version is better. Keep it current and update it in your OP.

*looks around with shifty eyes*

*falls over laughing*

Seriously though, NG versioning within the ESM is changing next release. The three bits will be stored as ints, and the build # will be switched to, away from the newver/curver thing it's doing now. That in place, I *might* be able to keep it up to date internally.

The thread information and release history is always up to date.

I've actually put globalfloats in SCR for Sexout Version & SCR Version to pop up messages if out of date, there's no reason we couldn't have others, or mods using SCR can't read them for info. PregnancyNG checks the SCR version global to see if it's too old.

I can't read a "v" in a globalfloat variable so you'll have to settle for .1 or .2 etc :)

Hey... *any* versioning is better than none hehe. TBH, I found your naming scheme of attachments an effective versioning system for SCR. I never have to guess what's new and if I have the right version, my extracted folder names can be compared to your attachment name. that's more of what I mean about versioning being current and in the OP. For us modders though, internal mod descriptions and global floats are a nice addition :)

Archived