Deadly Reflex 6 vs Unnecessary Violence 2

Rokabur

Just install both of em.

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=40336

And for BBB:

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=40482'>http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=40482

Yes install both.

Installation order:

1. Unnecessary Violence II and its requirements; NifSE 1.0 or NifSE 1.1

2. Deadly Reflex and its resources/requirements; overwrite any Unnecessary Violence II files when prompted to do it.

3. Install Universal Skeleton Nif by Growlf http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=37596

4. Install BBB DeadlyReflex6UnnecessaryViolenceII CompatibilitySkeleton http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=40482

5. Don't forget about NifSE patch

You can make them work both. The only thing - bug - I have is that some Unnecessary Violence combat move does not make any damage at all - one handed weapons only' date=' though I am not sure if it is the result of running Deadly Reflex & Unnecessary Violence II at the same time. Maybe, maybe not. Nobody knows for sure. :P

P.S. If you have any mods to install, I recommend to install UV II and DR 6 last. Btw if you're planning on installing The Lands of Solstheim Vvardenfell and Mournhold - SoVvM br3 mod you may run into problems of not being able to uncover the graves and bury the dead - any feature of UV II with the shovel.

P.S. 2 - If you install BBB animations or BBB animation replacer such as NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer. Be sure to intall it after UV II and DR 6. Or you can try to install NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer and then Deadly Reflex 6 but you will lose some BBB anims (not many anims so if you've never used NoMaaM BBB replacer before I recommend to install BBB replacer first and then Deadly Reflex). Also If you run BBB anims be sure to disable the skeleton switching in the ini, or you will get boobs stretched to infinity bug.

If you have any problems, questions, keep us posted. Good luck. :D

Thinking about installing one of these mods and wondering which is better? Deadly Reflex 6 or Unnecessary Violence 2.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2661

This thread contains more info.

I didn't see that thread cause it's in the Other Ault Mods thread and I didn't check there cause these really aren't adult mods in that sense.

I decided to just stick with UVII. DR6 requires way too many extra mods to use it plus the author hasn't updated it in over 5 years? I don't use any of the BBB mods so don't need the patch(es). Combat is alot better now then beore. Nice to see the enemies actively dodging when I use my bow. The distance of the dodging needs to be tweaked though. Dodging 10-14 feet in a certain direction is a bit much. Also read some of the comments about DR6. Definitely don't wanna have to re-install Oblivion and 179 mods all over again cause of un-reverseable bugs.

Any fighting system has its potential bugs and it comes down to personal preferences. I use DR6 myself but just the core version with none of the addon's as they are the buggy parts (this also eliminates all the dependency mods). As for the release....LOL...DR6 was released in Nov of 2010 :)

Most who had problems with DR6 refused to read the readme and the rest is, well history :(

Either one you chose (or both) is a dramatic improvement over the vanilla fighting system.

Have fun :)

DR6 requires way too many extra mods to use it plus the author hasn't updated it in over 5 years?

-Graphic Extender (obse, dll file)

-DropitLitTorch (esp & ini file)

-Hud Status bar (esp & some textures, menus files - does not replace any vanilla or files from mod)

-1StPersonLeg - (only esp file)

-NifSe same file you use for UV II (there's patch to make Deadly Reflex use newest NifSE, the patch is only eps file)

-OBSE MenuQue (dll and some ini)

None of these resources are going to screw your game with mods. I encourage you to install Deadly Reflex 6. :D

AS always you can turn off the splatter effect which some people report as buggy. Splatter just gives more gore to the game nothing more, so you won't miss out any cool features of Deadly Reflex 6.

I did use OOO in the past but not anymore since it conflicts with several of the mods I installed.

Any big overhaul mod unfortunately has the potential to do this. That is why it is so beneficial to learn how to use the tools that have been made to make your favorite mods work together. Sometimes it is flat out impossible and with others it just takes some work.

Either way have fun! :)

UV2 - I don't know of anyone who has made bbb for these animations.

Some of the moves of DR6 can be made BBB with NoMaaM as it just replaces common animations with bbb enabled ones. However the special moves (like decaps, certain power attacks and such) won't be bbb as no one has made re-placers for them that I am aware of.

Take a look at Fore's mod video's and you can decide for yourself. They are over at the nexus just type NoMaaM into the nexus search.

Ive seen the patch to make them compatible with other BBB animations... but is there a patch that adds BBB to the DR6 / UV2 animations?

Sadly there's no patch. Only 1stperson skeleton to make first person compatible with BBB/DR6/UVII. I doubt that Hex from Unnecessary Violence will release such patch as there's big issue of making skeleton(s) compatible both with BBB and UVII moves. Not even creators of UVII and NooMaaM (fore) know how to make such fix especially considering that skycaptin responsible for Deadly Reflex is really 'dead' from the modding scene of Oblivion. Sad story here with nexus childish part of community and skycaptin. Who knows if it were for those retards we would have maybe Deadly Reflex 7 or 8 already.... Those noobs drove him crazy.

Also when playing with any BBB animation and having at the same time enabled skeleton switching in UVII ini' date=' it will cause ugly glitch where boobs are stretched to infinity. To make BBB work with UVII there's sacrifice involved either decapitations enabled with no BBB animations at all or BBB animations but no decapitations though you still can use decapitations from Deadly Reflex - no problem there.

Important: if you decide to install NoMaaM which grega mentioned and you installed before HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 using animations then you have to uninstall HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12. In case if you installed HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 without animations you're safe. It's just fair warning for conflicts. I apologize if I sound pushy.

Also if you install NoMaaM after Deadly Reflex some combat animations/moves will revert back to vanilla, so there's sacrifice involved too. Either having full BBB or some loss with BBB anims, but all combat moves. In this case it is beneficial to let Deadly Reflex 6 win, because only a few NoMaaM files get overwritten (only a few BBB anims lost, I should say; very few), so you don't loose much here if Deadly Reflex win.

I like them both a lot. Especially UVII which adds something that was in a previous game ( Climbing FTW ) Also likes the dancing and bard aspects too. Also liked the fact than in UVII, you can one hand or two hand a longsword ( Just like real life! Although it'd be faster swinging in two handed )

Only thing i don't like about it, is some of the animations are a little over the top.

Now, what i'd really love to see, is a historical medieval animation replacer.

Ive seen the patch to make them compatible with other BBB animations... but is there a patch that adds BBB to the DR6 / UV2 animations?

Sadly there's no patch. Only 1stperson skeleton to make first person compatible with BBB/DR6/UVII. I doubt that Hex from Unnecessary Violence will release such patch as there's big issue of making skeleton(s) compatible both with BBB and UVII moves. Not even creators of UVII and NooMaaM (fore) know how to make such fix especially considering that skycaptin responsible for Deadly Reflex is really 'dead' from the modding scene of Oblivion. Sad story here with nexus childish part of community and skycaptin. Who knows if it were for those retards we would have maybe Deadly Reflex 7 or 8 already.... Those noobs drove him crazy.

Also when playing with any BBB animation and having at the same time enabled skeleton switching in UVII ini' date=' it will cause ugly glitch where boobs are stretched to infinity. To make BBB work with UVII there's sacrifice involved either decapitations enabled with no BBB animations at all or BBB animations but no decapitations though you still can use decapitations from Deadly Reflex - no problem there.

Important: if you decide to install NoMaaM which grega mentioned and you installed before HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 using animations then you have to uninstall HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12. In case if you installed HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 without animations you're safe. It's just fair warning for conflicts. I apologize if I sound pushy.

Also if you install NoMaaM after Deadly Reflex some combat animations/moves will revert back to vanilla, so there's sacrifice involved too. Either having full BBB or some loss with BBB anims, but all combat moves. In this case it is beneficial to let Deadly Reflex 6 win, because only a few NoMaaM files get overwritten (only a few BBB anims lost, I should say; very few), so you don't loose much here if Deadly Reflex win.

I just want some fancy moves with BBB is all. Nomaam's are pretty bland.

I just want some fancy moves with BBB is all. Nomaam's are pretty bland.

There's none such mod. I don't know even if anyone is working on it.

Sadly there's no patch. Only 1stperson skeleton to make first person compatible with BBB/DR6/UVII. I doubt that Hex from Unnecessary Violence will release such patch as there's big issue of making skeleton(s) compatible both with BBB and UVII moves. Not even creators of UVII and NooMaaM (fore) know how to make such fix ...

Not really. I've made a 1st person BBB skeleton for my flail animation' date=' and there is one from baronneskind called BBB DeadlyReflex6UnnecessaryViolenceII CompatibilitySkeleton. Originally coronerra had simply "forgotten" to put breast bones into his CMCS (do you believe?), but it was a simple copy paste from 3rd to 1st.

The issue with UVII and DR6 animations not being BBBed is because they are a collection of 5 to 10 animation sources in each mod, and you were required to get permission from each author. Which is almost impossible. Most animation makers are very restictive and don't grant permission to BBB their work.

I was often asked to BBB DMC. And I probably had done it (besides the onehanded idle for FlingingFeces). But the DMC author is one of the most restrictive ones. Unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

1)

Anyone knows if I can use Unnecessary Violence Animations Replacer 21 by evanoblivion with UVII?

2)

How to make decapitations happen less/more often? Does skill in blade weapon play a part? I know more or less how it works in DR6 but have no idea about UVII.

3) Is there way to preserve vanilla 1st person anims? I noticed that when I deleted _1stperson folder. I couldn't perform some combat moves of Unnecessary Violence II & Deadly Reflex 6 in first person. I really love the vanilla first person animations especially the way you see whole weapon and/ or hands.

//////////

Anyone having problem with impaling enemies (UVII)? My weapon always get stuck in dead body of the enemy forever.

• 1 month later...

Anybody knows about anyone who successfully added bouncing breast bones to Unnecessary Violence UVskeletonbeast? With skeleton switching turned off the UVII amputations don't work. Obviously I play with BBB and there's no way to make work UVII amputations with BBB.

Anybody knows some tutorials how to add breast bouncing bones to the skeleton?

;--setting to completely disable skeleton switching - set this to 0 if you hate the wobbly head behaviour - obviously this means there will be no amputations, though the effects may show

;int allowskeletonswitching

set uvvariablesquest.allowskeletonswitching to 0

What if I just replaced UVskeletonbeast with BBBfied skeletonbeast and rename it to UVskeletonbeast? Would that work?

Archived