BodySlide 2 No Image on Armors/Clothing?

JayTongue

So I'm hoping some people are able to help me with the issue I am having currently. Basically I've followed this page's guide, Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide and TBBP HDT, for the installation instructions to get HDT PE and Breast & Butt Physics working for CBBE, everything worked out fine except for when it came to getting outfits to show up in BodySlide 2 so I could reshape all the oufits to the custom body preset I made.

With some digging around I fixed that problem, the armors show up in the list but now I have run into a different error. Pictured here

What is bothering me is that I have the aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Armors installed and I don't get that 'no image' error. Pictured here

In fact, any aMidianBorn armors, AND any clothing that is in the Improved NPC Clothing mod I downloaded are fine but armors, clothing, and boots/shoes that aren't included in either of those have the no image error. I have no idea what to do about this so I was hoping you could point me in the right direction so I can learn what I may have done wrong.

If it helps in any way I have tried to install CB Plus Plus - Calientes Vanilla Outfits and CB Plus Plus - Killer Keo's slidersets through MO but I couldn't figure out how to get game data at the top level so I just hit ignore missing data.

I'm going to take a guess and say that within the armor NIF file that you are opening with Outfit Studio (and correct me if I'm wrong on that), the Shader Texture Sets are not pointing to the correct path of the texture for that particular armor.  Usually, that's resolved within the Plug-in configurations when loaded into the game....but if you want to resolve it in the NIF, then you can just re-point it to the correct paths and what not.  Then, when you load it back into Outfit Studio, the textures should show up.

If you actually read the Bodyslide description page, you'd notice that Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 cannot load textures from BSA archives.

Meaning vanilla and proper armour mods packed into a bsa archive will not have their textures displayed.

If you actually read the Bodyslide description page, you'd notice that Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 cannot load textures from BSA archives.

Meaning vanilla and proper armour mods packed into a bsa archive will not have their textures displayed.

So how can I go about having those textures displayed properly?

Are you referring to the CB Plus Plus files I had problems installing in MO or something else? I'm not following completely here.

I believe you will need a tool to extract the textures from the BSA to a DDS format.  I think one of the tools is BSAopt and instructions on how to use on the TES Nexus Wiki.

Remodeled Armor uses the vanilla textures of Skyrim for its meshes. Those are in the "Data/Skyrim - Textures.bsa" archive, and as BS/OS can't read those yet, you have to open it up in a program like BSAOpt to extract the textures you need.

Of course you shouldn't extract the whole file as that would be a lot of wasted space on your hard drive. So you'll have to search for the correct armor/clothes textures.

Most other outfits and body types have their textures bundles as loose files, that's why those do show up for you. By the way, it's not a problem if they don't show up in BS/OS, unless you're really annoyed by it. They would still work just fine in-game.

Archived