New here, need some help.

Mewwt

Hi, I'm new. I recently landed here and saw there are some good mods, but I just don't get how to install/use them. I'm not very good at these things, so I don't know if I have to use NMM or another mod manager. If you guys don't mind, I'd appreciate some help. Thanks in advance!

On this site Sexlab is almost always a requirement.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25219-getting-started-with-sexlab-how-to-install-sexlab-and-its-requirements/

Also, don't forget to check the requirements and read the install procedured and readmes.

When you have a problem while modding your game (which you'll have eventually because this is still skyrim) ask your questions in the thread of the corrsponding mod.

Make sure your computer can handle skyrim, because scriptheavy mods are going to heavily impact performance.

Troubleshooting is also going to be a big deal when things go south.

To help you and the mod creator find out what is wrong you'll need the papyrus logs.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2791993 - see the second post.

Good luck modding and don't forget to keep back-ups of installs and savegames. :D

Damn I thought sexlab was something so make sex mods or god-knows-what (I guess that defines how "good" I am when I get to modding stuff). Thank you for the advice and quick reply!

Edit: I don't get how to install sexlab at all. Do I have to replace the files inside each folder with mine? I don't know what does the poster mean with "the Skyrim Data folder"

Damn I thought sexlab was something so make sex mods or god-knows-what (I guess that defines how "good" I am when I get to modding stuff). Thank you for the advice and quick reply!

Edit: I don't get how to install sexlab at all. Do I have to replace the files inside each folder with mine? I don't know what does the poster mean with "the Skyrim Data folder"

In that case this is what you're looking for.

This Youtuber make great tutorials for beginners, like these:

The Data folder is mostly here somewhere \Games\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data

but that entirerly depends on how you installed your game.

EDIT: almost forgot to say.

Welcome to Loverslab :D

Well, I had to reinstall skyrim because I had a crap ton of badly uninstalled mods and such, but it worked perfectly after that. I watched some videos of that dude and they helped me a lot (you can't imagine the amount of steps I skipped, lol).

Thanks again for the help!

Well, I had to reinstall skyrim because I had a crap ton of badly uninstalled mods and such, but it worked perfectly after that. I watched some videos of that dude and they helped me a lot (you can't imagine the amount of steps I skipped, lol).

Thanks again for the help!

You're welcome. :D

Well, there's two sections of NMM, one for the mods you have installed and want activated/deactivated, and then the other for the load order. In the load order, when you click on a mod it should show which order your mods need to be in. You'd see something like;

• Skyrim.esm
  • Update.esm
  • Dawnguard.esm
  • HearthFires.esm
  • Dragonborn.esm

(I think you get the point.)

It won't list all mods, just ones relevant to it, so you just have to know what mod goes where before the others to avoid conflicts and to work properly. ._. I'm horrible at explaining things, but hopefully this sort of makes sense.

Archived