Several questions about SSME

Anbeegod

Introduction is pointless. Straight to the point.

My machine is old and can hardly stand for half an hour of Skyrim.

1. I'm using SKSE 1.7 alpha build. Do I need SSME?

2. Does SSME work with WinXP 32 bit?

3. Is SSME compatible with Safety Load?

4. Is SKSE 1.7 compatible with Safety Load?

5. Is SSME the enhanced version of Sheson's Memory Blocks Log?

6. Is SSME compatible with Stable uGridsToLoad?

7. Heard that SSME doesn't work well without ENB. Is that true?

Thanks for your time!

if you're using 1.7 then Safety Load and SMME are both unnecessary. You could try FreeMem, though. That will still do its thing with SKSE 1.7. All FreeMem does is clear your RAM after a preset amount is used up and also when entering a new cell.

6. SSME is compatible with Stable uGrids to Load.

7. That is not true. You can use just SSME for your game. It's just better to use with ENB since enbhost.exe directs RAM usage and prevent crashes. Note that Skyrim's memory usage is always capped at 3.1 GB.

1. No

2. Yes

3. Yes but just SSME is enough

4. Yes but just SKSE 1.7 is enough

5. Not enhanced just different way to implement Sheson's memory patch

I have a Radeon HD 7970 3GB and I have installed SKSE 1.7 Alpha + PrecacheKiller plug-in for Showracemenu, I have over 250 mod active in NMM, and High Resolution textures for all, but.. my Memory log have only 256 for block 1, and 256 for block 2 :(

what to do to activate the Sheson's memory patch integrated into SKSE 1.7 alpha, please..? :-/

1. No

2. Yes

I have a Radeon HD 7970 3GB and I have installed SKSE 1.7 Alpha + PrecacheKiller plug-in for Showracemenu, I have over 250 mod active in NMM, and High Resolution textures for all, but.. my Memory log have only 256 for block 1, and 256 for block 2 :(

what to do to activate the Sheson's memory patch integrated into SKSE 1.7 alpha, please..? :-/

I'm very sorry mate, but skse 1.7 alpha doesn't work with "non-Steam" version.

Just go back to SSME, they are the same anyway.

1. No

2. Yes

I'm very sorry mate, but skse 1.7 alpha doesn't work with "non-Steam" version.

My version is a Legendary Edition on Disk (original retail version) and is installed by default on Steamapp folder with the Key, and require Stem  online acticve application for work!, and is on my Steam gamelist with workshop link mods, and I have some Skyrim workshop active mods instaled and work fine..!

it makes no sense, the games are identical and are in the Steam folder amd require steam online for worl, I do not understand why it should not work ? :(

1. No

2. Yes

SSME have have a Virus inside.. SKSE 1.7 is clean

So I would have to also uninstall SKSE 1.7, because all SKSE 1.7 alpha version will only work on the shop scaeicata Stem..?

but it is a ridiculous thing possible that there is not a solution, is it really so hard to make it compatible with the Legendary Edition retail disk version ?

they may not be able to make it compatible, and really that hard, I do not believe ..

In SKSE.ini, add

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1280 <- Memory you want to allocate to block 1 + 256
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256 <- Memory you want to allocate to block 2

In SKSE.ini, add

[Memory]

Thanks! :)

what is the best setting that provides more performance and less CTD at the same time ?

keeping in mind the 3GB of video ram I have available ?

In SKSE.ini, add

[Memory]

Thanks! :)

what is the best setting that provides more performance and less CTD at the same time ?

keeping in mind the 3GB of video ram I have available ?

Just leave it at 768 (which is the default value of 512 of SSME).

You probably will never use up 512 MB in this block anyway (I have 270+ mods, and barely use more than 380 MB)

Archived