You can edit a master file and save the changes in CK by removing the the internal flag that defines it as a master file.  Use TES5Edit (Skyrim) or SSEEdit (Skyrim SE) to remove the ESM flag from the file header, but do not rename the file extension, leave it <mod>.esm.  Now when you load it in CK, it will be considered a plugin, but when you save, CK will convert it to a master simply because of the ESM file extension.

I have not resumed work on the Lyn race.  I wasted too much time finding some way to get the Elin idle to work with the latest FNIS then I have the Elin Reaper and Elin outfits and now the compatibility updates for Skyrim SE.

The Lyns will have to wait awhile.  I'll keep you updated once I get back with the Lyns.

I may have found the issues with the crashing with the hair. They are using TGA format for the textures, which i heard have been dropped in SSE so if a model has them for a texture, it CTD.

So you will need to convert them to DDS.

Really?  That would explain why the summon Elins work, they only use DDS.  This would make it easier to also get Elin 2 and the Castanics to work with SSE.

Due to time restrictions, I should have something ready in the next 4-5 days.

Thank you, Mephykuns.

Delete the SKSE folder then install the non-HDT ears and tails from the Elin Creation Kit Fix.

The SKSE contains the HDT and SKSE memory patches so they would not be needed for SSE.

Is the converted texture turning black in your game or it's black when you view them in GIMP, Photoshop, or whatever you are using?

Got the playable Elin to work with SSE; the issue was the TGA textures.  Right now I have to fix the presets which crashes the game when selecting them, but other than that (and HDT ears and tails) the base mod works.

I'm going to check the other Elin mods and fix/update them if necessary before releasing them for Skyrim SE.

@Mephykuns

DXT5 is the limit for Skyrim compressed textures.  Uncompressed works fine because when I was testing the Painted Lady, my Nord was using Pure Skin.  

Is there a version of this mod's "femalebody_*.nif" files with the bikini already removed? I downloaded NifSkope but, for whatever reason, it doesn't want to open on my system. And on top of that, I can't see the screenshot in the first post showing how to remove it in NifSkope.

Replace the Elin 2 body meshes with a UNP or variant body or create one with bodyslide.

The Elin meshes are located at MESHES > ACTORS > TERA ELIN.

So theres a useful little tool here.

SSE NIF Optimizer

-

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089/?

I tried using it on tera elins two models and they work well but the nif models that dont work well with it is the pure white nif meshes.

The body hands head and the 3rd eye lid meshes are all pure white. and it causes if the game tries to load these converted models.

When they are converted they turn dark gray. In Outfit studio the no texture shader is darker than the non pure white meshes.

Also it seems the tool makes the meshes blend in more. I can somewhat fix but it has to do with importing into 3ds max and exporting as a fbx and importing the fbx into OS and fix some body part

what would the % be of Elin being playable on SSE o.o?

Elin 2

Won't be available until well after Christmas due to my demanding work schedule and very limited time-off. 

To Do:

Need to update some base files to work with SSE.

Remake the hairpack to replace incompatible hairs with KS hairs.

NPC replacers using the adult Elin option.

New skin textures based on Fairskin, Mature, and SG.

NOTE

Elin 2 will be missing the extra morphs until SKSE64 is released and RaceMenu and ECE are updated.

---

Elin 1

Won't be available until after Christmas, but they are about 85-90% done and working with SSE.

To Do:

Remake the hairpack and possibly create new head and/or hair morphs.

I plan to create new Elin textures based on Fairskin, Mature, and SG.

New type of summon Elins.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again. I have a problem with ears and tail scaling. Everything is good until I load a game or respawn. Then all my scaling settings just switch back to deafault size. The only solution I found so far, is to enter Race Menu and quit. After diong that, every scaling options are automatically fixed. However, doing that every single time when I load a game or die is annoying. I have the same issue with weapon scaling. Can you help me with this mess?

P.S. This is my Elin :)

https://postimg.cc/image/5v8seo001/