Game Crash After Bethesda Logo

I'm having an issue loading the Modded Skyrim game...

Game seems to crash when the Bethesda Logo fades to black, without an error of any kind occurring. I'd more than willing post a few screenshots to show the files I have, but I'm unable to on this forum.

Running Skyrim SKSE as Admin.

Running FNIS as Admin.
FNIS log does not show any faults. I'm fairly sure I have the right box checked.
"SKELETON Arm Fix"

With several others unchecked, but from what I've read, that should be the only one that needs to be checked?

As far as I can gather, all of my mods are up-to-date. (While NMM claims there is an update when I cannot find it on the download page from the author?)

Currently, no error in FNIS, and no PCEA issues either.

I'm at a bit of a loss on what is wrong?

As Benmc20 said it is typical a missing master or your mods are out of order and one of your master files is coming after a mod that requires it.

I would suggest in addition to what Benmc20 said, to download LOOT and then install it, run it twice and let it sort your load order. That could be all you need to do to fix it.

As Benmc20 said it is typical a missing master or your mods are out of order and one of your master files is coming after a mod that requires it.

I would suggest in addition to what Benmc20 said, to download LOOT and then install it, run it twice and let it sort your load order. That could be all you need to do to fix it.

I would more than suggest, I would say it's near required if you're modding skyrim, that you need LOOT.

Ah. Okay. With LOOT, I see a couple of issues; Was unaware of this tool completely!

Will get to fixing this!

General Messages
  • Note: Latest LOOT thread.
  • Note: Your SKSE is up-to-date.
  • Note: It appears you have Fores New Idles in Skyrim installed. Remember to run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe every time you have installed or de-installed FNIS, or a FNIS based mod.
  • Error: This plugin requires "Dawnguard.esm" to be installed, but it is missing.

• Warning: Contains 92 ITM records and 3 UDR records. Clean with TES5Edit.

Those Youtube Video's are amazing. (Watched a few of them, will download them all later tonight o_o;; )

Now I seem to be constantly crashing, and randomly, at random events. Grrr.

Repeat event, sometimes it crashes, other times I can continue on. Looting, combat, loading screens to other area's.

Switched to Windowed mode by recommendation by the bf, that helped for a few events, but they are still occurring.

Those Youtube Video's are amazing. (Watched a few of them, will download them all later tonight o_o;; )

Repeat event, sometimes it crashes, other times I can continue on. Looting, combat, loading screens to other area's.

Switched to Windowed mode by recommendation by the bf, that helped for a few events, but they are still occurring.

There can be a great number of reasons why your Skyrim crashes. First of all, though, get SSME from Nexus. It'll help.

SSME v. 01080000
parsing INI file
address 004BD832 patched from 6086290F to 6086110F
address 00687E89 patched from 00000200 to 00000300
address 00A4E6BF validated as 10000000
parsing finished

This is what was in the SSME.log right after the game had crashed in a loading screen, leaving Helghen.

You mention "modded" skyrim, I would suggest using the "special bbc code" button in the posting menu & paste your load order (you could copy it from your LOOT report) as a "spoiler".

Also, the Helgen intro is script &/or resource heavy, you might consider starting the game with Live Another Life installed (get it on Nexus), you will begin in a prison cell after selecting "New Game" and can finish your character before selecting a start location (captured crossing the border will send you to the cart and the Helgen intro). This will allow your scripted & MCM based mods to settle before heading off to Helgen and its script load, might help.

Ah. Yeah. Got to chatting with the BF and a friend who has modded Skyrim before. Those two managed to find a few Dawnguard DLC's, two Overhauls, and 5 missing dependencies for a few mods.

After an hour and a half, I'm about to do the first test to see if it wants to be nice to me now.

Whatever mods you install you need to always check for known incompatibilities between other mods you install. This can cause issues that might not get solved by LOOT or other tools. Many mods will have a compatibility section under the discription.

Archived