A returning but still new face

zippafish

Hi everyone. This is the first time I've ever actually posted on here, and I don't doubt that it won't be the last. I had attempted modding skyrim and tried incorporating sexlab and other goodies into the game for myself, but with much difficulty. So now, I'm back again with a fresh install of Skyrim. All mods, loaders, etc. have been removed. What I would like is some assistance from you guys, the community. I'd like so useful tips or information. Some recommendations would even be great! I don't know what the big thing people use anymore. NMM? MO? Haha. Please point me in the right direction. :)

My first post too!

There are a tonne of great mods out there. Try to use LOOT Mod organizer and experiment. Just make a note of mesh and body replacer mods that you use and stick to them as you download. If you pay attention to what the modder says you'll do fine. The best way to learn is by making mistakes and learning from them. My MOD selection is probably a bit tame compared to some but it's still fun mixing it around! Good Luck!

• 2 months later...

I am new here too! The most important thing with modding is to read the install guidelines thoroughly and make sure there are no conflicts with any of your other mods. Luckily the amazing people who create these mods have install instructions and list conflicts. I like to manually install the mods but you can use NMM to get started (NMM will also advise if another mod is required for the mod you are trying to download which is helpful when you are new). LOOT is helpful especially if you download a new mod and then Skyrim crashes after the bethesda logo lol as I have found out.

Archived