Esp File Stuck in Data Files

I've searched this forum and googled it, but no one seems to have answered this and I've never had this problem before.

Ā 

One of my esps file seems to be "stuck" in my Oblivion Launcher's Data Files. I can activate and de-active the mod, no problem, but IĀ CANNOT remove it as an option from the list. I deleted the esp file (and I've double checked that several times) but the launcher still lists the esp along with my other mods.

Ā 

What I'm trying to do is run a new version of this mod, but since the esp file is the same name, the launcher/game keeps loading the old esp file, overwriting the new one. (Changing the esp file's name causes the sounds added in the mod to stop working, so that's not an option.)

Ā 

At first I that that is might be BOSS overwriting my data files, but I've rerun BOSS with the esp file deleted from data folder (both the old and new one) and the old esp file is being displayed in the launcher. Any idea how it got stuck there and how it get it out?

Ā 

esp removed from Oblivion\data folder? OMod removed from OMod Folder (the Oblivion Mod Manager have also a backup Folder sometimes there are Mod files inside.

If you use WyreBash uninstall the Mod in the WyreBash Mod Folder (zip, rar,7z). Don't know if WyreBash also have a backup Folder.

And if you use Nexus Modmanger = own fault! :P

If you don't have the Mod/esp on your hard drive it can not be installed.

And if you use OblivionModmanager you can create a new OMod of the new Version and install it and the old esp is owerwritten. I only use Oblivion ModManager (no WyreBash) and never had proplems with removing, deleting and overwriting Mods/esm/esp .

Ahh, it looks like Omod was to blame. There wasn't any esp files in the backup folder nor was Omod listing it among the other esp files, but it looks likeĀ Omod was somehow hiding the esp file in a "virtual store" inside the application file itself. Even using the my computer "search" function could uncover the esp file. But when I told Omod to associate the virtual store files with the regular files, Omod admitted that it had it and I was able to select the rouge esp file and deleted it! Thanks for your help.

Archived