Living with HipsterGirl and GamerGirl

Let's try this again (sometimes this site hates me, lol)...

OK, so I'm going to try to stay away from the earlier, already settled debate.  I did want to hit on a related subject inspired by Queen Bee's initial comment though.  That being the impression that all gamer guys expect gamer girls to look like Lara Croft.

Side note and clarification first; NO she didn't actually say that.  The comment just reminded me of remarks along those lines I've heard in the past.

ANYWAY...  I think most of us over 16 realize that stereotype is no more true than that of the morbidly obese guy with 3 bottles of Mt Dew and 2 bags of doritos sitting next to him on the couch being representative of gamer guys.

I'd wager most of the guys here would agree with me that commonality is actually the lead attractor to gamer girls.  Doesn't matter if it's just BS'ing here on the forums or outright dating, the commonality gives one a connection.  There's also none of the crap we all sometimes get from non-gamers...  You know, lovely things like "that's do juvenile", "why don't you get a life", etc...

Also, as a generality, I find geeks, nerdettes and gamer girls are usually more intelligent and creative than average.  That makes you gals much easier to hold a conversation with.

Lets be honest, looks are a plus but anybody reasonably mature looks deeper than that.  I certainly could argue the downside of looks too.  Many good looking people have been told their shit doesn't stink for so long that they start to believe their own press.  That's a generalization though and there are plenty of times it's not true.

The bottom line is it's the commonality, intelligence, imagination and ability to actually have a conversation that makes gamer girls attractive.

I could also take the conversation in a more R rated direction and point out that intelligent, creative women are better in bed, lol.  Why do you think guys fantasized about the naughty librarian before gamer girls came along? 

I found this debate a little exaggerated to be honest. I started getting in touch with "computers" somewhat in the 80s at the C64 (then Amiga, then for years no computers at all, much later my first PC). And these days you were actually an alien if you liked that kind of stuff.

But nowadays girls in gaming are quite common, aren't they? You couldn't find one female gamer in the 80s - which was very dull. All in all the opening of gaming and computer related stuff to both sexes is a good and long overdue development, I'd say. In Germany, one of the most appreciated experts in any computer related stuff is Constanze Kurz, a founding member of the CCC (Chaos Computer Club). Every now and then she even gets called to the german Constitutional Court as a consultant. Hearing her talk about network security and intenret privacy often is very informative. She also stays very on topic and doesn't boast with her knowledge. Apart from that, she is very political and not just IT focussed because the internet, privacy, dangers of data mining etc. is a political matter. I often miss that wider perspective in guys.

The way the girls in the comic were dressed did not in any way provoke any connotation to "nerdy" girls in general at least to me. I mean have a look at this site and how female bodies mostly are done in mods or so. Not my cup of tea if we're talking about big boobs, but as a matter of fact many guys obviously like scantily clad girls with more than a handful.

If somebody likes certain body shapes that does not equal sexism. Goes for both genders. If a girl likes (at least on pics) overly huge and long cocks that shouldn't threaten you guys. If a guy likes big tits that shouldn't make you go on a feminist ranting spree, girls.

Edited by ratrace

No argument there RatRace.  IF I gave the impression that I believed all gamer girls were frumpy and average looking, that was my bad.  Gamers, like all people, come in all varieties.  That's why I tried to stick to generalities about the non-physical traits that I (and I think most other gamer guys) find attractive in gamer girls.

How is it that one person making a comment about not liking the comic turns into a shitstorm of people complaining about people taking too much offense these days? It was hardly a backlash, but one individual's personal opinion which I don't think warrants this storm in a teacup.

Seizes on one comment - takes offence - complains people are too easily offended...

... does no one else see the irony here? 

But no matter what my opinion of this comic, none of it should be taken as yet another example of how the "feminist masses" have tried to stifle creativity. I'm on a site that has mods where you can enslave and rape women, for fuck's sake. And you really think I'm that stuck up just because I don't like some comic? C'mon, man...prove to me you're smarter than that.

There are two kinds of people who read a comic about stereotypical females:

1) Normal people who laugh at it and so happen to enjoy freedom and hamburgers.

2) Valerie Solanas

• 1 month later...

What I like most about this comic is that no matter where or when it's posted or linked to there are always some people who try to look mature by bashing the comic, saying it's childish, puberal and such, and a flame war starts soon after. Hilariousness ensured.

Somehow this comic must hit a mark for many people.

If only we had more actual gamer girls like this one, instead of juggernaut shitstains like Antia Sarkeesian and Felicia Day.

Oh..Anita Sarkeesian...that femnazi bitch..a devil incarnate  :angry: ...not sure if I ever heard of the other one..also another feminist and social justice warrior?

If only we had more actual gamer girls like this one, instead of juggernaut shitstains like Antia Sarkeesian and Felicia Day.

Oh..Anita Sarkeesian...that femnazi bitch..a devil incarnate  :angry: ...not sure if I ever heard of the other one..also another feminist and social justice warrior?

An small-time actress who did a role in a live webseries called 'The Guild' which was a parody on gamers. She got cosy with the setting and did a lot of blogging and such on gaming and what not.

I never got this raising ruckus attitude to comics, blogs or people. On the comic artist's side, it's making fun of a stereotype by reinforcing it with the intent of rediculing it, which gets countered by those who are offended and who take the content serious instead. This doesn't bother the artist as such reactions show that he's touching the topic seemingly successful. As for those who attack the issue, I'm always wary as I can't help but feel that when a group of people attack a parody of a stereotype, especially when they are supporting eachother while doing so, they sometimes may just want to divert attention far away from themselves because they have something to hide or avoid themselves. I won't bother extrapolating on that.