i can't download

Flying Falcon

Yeah, quit using IDM. Duh! :lol:

Why the hell would you use it anyway? You don't need it at all. Apparently it's just getting in the way.

ok if I don't use IDM what do I use then to download?

IE will just download with no extra managers added. I don't use any. And I'd bet that using IDM is bypassing the security features that are built in to IE to protect from dirty downloads. When I download a bar comes across the bottom of the browser window asking me if I want to open, save/save as, or cancel. I choose "save as" choose where I want the file to go (in my case into /documents/Skyrim mods/), then it scans the download after it's complete.

I would just uninstall it. Seems like a complete waste to me. It's attempting to do stuff IE or other browsers just do on their own and it's apparently not doing a very good job at it. :D

Yeah, quit using IDM. Duh! :lol:

Why the hell would you use it anyway? You don't need it at all. Apparently it's just getting in the way.

ok if I don't use IDM what do I use then to download?

IE will just download with no extra managers added. I don't use any. And I'd bet that using IDM is bypassing the security features that are built in to IE to protect from dirty downloads. When I download a bar comes across the bottom of the browser window asking me if I want to open, save/save as, or cancel. I choose "save as" choose where I want the file to go (in my case into /documents/Skyrim mods/), then it scans the download after it's complete.

I would just uninstall it. Seems like a complete waste to me. It's attempting to do stuff IE or other browsers just do on their own and it's apparently not doing a very good job at it. :D

I have found that download managers suck.  The ones from many websites want to add all kinds of apps that you don't need and are usually some type of spyware.  Take the good advice offered here and don't use it.  You don't need it. :cool:

TonyB

Archived