Watch Dogs a terible console port down grade for PC :(

Its supossed to be a PC first game and ported to Consoles this was at least last years E3 it looked great back then a real DX11 game.

Now its rediculously DOWNGRADED so it can run on PS4 AT 970P AND XBOX AT 720P and PC version have sufferd so much it looks awefull on highend plus it barely have good FPS on ultra.

Ubisoft was already in my book WORSE(with EA) gamecompany also because of Uplay.

True PC gamer BOYCOT this kind of games.

See this review as example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBb2BIVrV7M&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ

Maybe they downgraded it to avoid but hurt from console fanboys, so they can still be in this illusion of next gen consoles.

I wonder how Division will look like now when they realised that new consoles are crap ;p

Some developers like Crytek already warn about PS4/XONE that they already reach the max memory capacity lol.

I thought we finally get some real DX11 games for PC but it's even worse then a thought where still STANDING STILL because of the damn consoles bah:(

Ports from Consoles to PC are always gonna be bad. There are few who manage to do a decent job when it comes to menus and such, but graphics are gonna suck.

I for one, do not care about graphics even tho I have a powerful PC. But as long as the game is fun and playable I will have no issues with it.

But yeah, it's sad that the gaming industry is this way. The monetary system is a system that holds us back in everything. And if corporations can save/earn money, they will do anything to cut corners.

After the travisties (probably spelled that wrong lol) that were dmc3 and Re4 I swore off ports. Still modding them to be superior than the console ports has been kinda fun. Sucks to hear that Watch Dogs has suffered the porting bug.

Still the newest Tomb Raider is an awesome port!!!

What that has to do with anything? lol beats me. XD

WD was over hyped and over rated. It was downgraded greatly from its reveal back in the day.

In the end a 3/10,

-1 for Uplay

-1 for not trying anything new

-1 for repetitive gameplay

-1 for vehicle play

-1 for downgrading

-2 for disappointing result

Could've been good but nope, they fucked up. Sleeping Dogs looked ok, but I rather wait to see the sequels before jumping into the series. Sticking to GTA and SR for now.

Now when I played it, I can say that on top of bad port it is a weak game. So many basic options for "sandbox"  are missing for example to use car for mission that you chose - sure you can run back to your car if it haven magicly disappear but when you fail mission and restart, car is gone. There is more issues with this game but it would take wall of text to write them all down.

I've been playing the PC version with a mouse and keyboard this weekend and this is what I've noticed:

Bad:

1. Menu controls suck.  This is my main bitch with the game.  If they would fix the menu's for weapons and your phone to actually use the damn cursor it would be fine.  They also need to add mouse wheel support once you have selected a gun type (assault weapon, pistol or whatever).

2. Popping.  This is pretty bad when you are really zipping down the street in a fast vehicle.  It is better than loading times but I think the PC version could and should have been optimized to lessen this.  

Good:

I actually like this game.  Seriously.  I loved sleeping dogs (still play it) and this game in my opinion isn't worse or better, it is just different.  Sleeping dogs was setup more for martial arts fighting, whereas this game is mostly about guns, guns, GUNS!  I've been having fun killing folks, getting cops all hot and bothered and then be-lining for a river and a speed boat and making my escape.  Drives the cops nuts!  They have no police boats that I have noticed so all I have to deal with is the heli and bang.....instant get-a-way.  I'm still slogging my way through Act 1 (tail end of it) because I keep getting too distracted with all the damn side missions.  Taking down gangs and fucking up bad guys trying to victimize folks are my main sources of distraction.  Although the fixers and driving missions are pretty fucking cool too.  The whole thing is just a more technoy GTA set in Chicago.  The only thing lacking is the hookers and the ability to bang'em in the car!  Hopefully that will be out in an add-on or mod!!!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The game is a keeper for me.

I've been playing the PC version with a mouse and keyboard this weekend and this is what I've noticed:

Bad:

1. Menu controls suck.  This is my main bitch with the game.  If they would fix the menu's for weapons and your phone to actually use the damn cursor it would be fine.  They also need to add mouse wheel support once you have selected a gun type (assault weapon, pistol or whatever).

2. Popping.  This is pretty bad when you are really zipping down the street in a fast vehicle.  It is better than loading times but I think the PC version could and should have been optimized to lessen this.  

Good:

I actually like this game.  Seriously.  I loved sleeping dogs (still play it) and this game in my opinion isn't worse or better, it is just different.  Sleeping dogs was setup more for martial arts fighting, whereas this game is mostly about guns, guns, GUNS!  I've been having fun killing folks, getting cops all hot and bothered and then be-lining for a river and a speed boat and making my escape.  Drives the cops nuts!  They have no police boats that I have noticed so all I have to deal with is the heli and bang.....instant get-a-way.  I'm still slogging my way through Act 1 (tail end of it) because I keep getting too distracted with all the damn side missions.  Taking down gangs and fucking up bad guys trying to victimize folks are my main sources of distraction.  Although the fixers and driving missions are pretty fucking cool too.  The whole thing is just a more technoy GTA set in Chicago.  The only thing lacking is the hookers and the ability to bang'em in the car!  Hopefully that will be out in an add-on or mod!!!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The game is a keeper for me.

Most fucked up part is that game does not recognize that you did mission stealth/nonleathal it just proceed as you would go full fucking rambo all the time.

This is a common practice in all games. You do realize that if every reflective surface in a sandbox game actually reflected shit, a good number of PCs would have issues running it? Sure, you can add in a unique texture for every window in the game, but then you have unique textures for the hundreds, if not thousands of windows.

Games are succes ported from console because not many left that want HIGH STANDARD, PC is dying and  now they also start making game perfect for controllers and worse for M/K soon most won't even remember that PC was always superior in every sense but if some see how to make money and PC is not the hardware for it they just make it so that that hardware is absolete and inferior wins over superior this happen in the past and it will happen again, if it makes them more money it rules they don't give a shit about gamers.

Shame because i eather stick with old games and or quit gaming all together.

Still couple of years to go before PC desktop gaming is dead(and i dont mean laptops there inferior also).

My hope now is The Witcher 3 which is made by a company that shit on the mainstream concerning DRM or DLC they still think about the gamers first then money and still hopefully make game thats made for true hardcore not the console wannebees with ezmode spoonfed generation crap.

A PC will always be superior to consoles and will never die. 10 years ago they told us the gaming PC is dead yet quite the opposite is true. XBOX One and PS4 are already lame compared to the power of a modern gaming rig. It wasn't true for the previous generation.

Next generation consoles (the generation after XBOX One and PS4) will live from technology advancement in the PC sector. If that would stop, consoles would die quickly too.

Keyboard and mouse ftw,

Controllers are for Pretendo, M$, and Phoney children and their crap consoles.

But really WD is downgraded and overhyped/overrated. Didn't end well, marketing though, marketing, build the hype, make sales, piss people off, rinse and repeat. Yet people go for it again, so they continue, because they see gamers as mentally challenged helmet wearing children who'll pay thousands if not millions for something they call 'next gen' or 'epically cool dude' or 'so big that your girlfriend will leave you for it'.

Not everyone can dish out the cash for a custom gaming PC. Some of us have to make due with our work/school laptops, or the family PC. Consoles aren't the only reason graphics are dumbed down. Most publishers figure that sales will take a hit if only the upper middle class can afford the hardware to run the game, when most people who care much about games with "realistic" graphics (military shooters, sandbox clones) are college students and basement dwellers. Then you have assholes like me, who don't replace their shit until it's completely irrelevant or falling apart. Like clothes that don't fit and all of my PCs parts malfunctioning at once, instead of the usual mentality of "if the new one is out, toss it".

And the website being about PC game modding isn't the best excuse, considering you can probably mod up an old Commodore enough to run your average Bethesda game, those being the games this website is primarily concerned with.

Archived