a visible fire damage.

a visible fire damage.

I have a question? in Skyrim is not stingy with fire, fire magic, dragon-fire and fire explosions, but after a few seconds, the fire disappeared, leaving no visible damage!
there is a mod indicating the visible fire damage, or would a modder this take work?

edit: as in Far Cry 2 where you can see the fire well the impact.

engine_feuer.jpg

Apollodown's got ya covered:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43241/?

Basically the same thing as your pics except of course shittier graphics because skyrim game engine...

Also, there is no 'burnt' effect after the fire gets blown out. Actually fires don't get blown out until you blow them out yourself. I think.

edit: I see you meant in reference to the burnt effect especially.

In which case I'm afraid I wouldn't know how such a thing could be doable in skyrim without massive scripting and hotswapping the meshes. Or through the use of NiOverride from expired to apply a 'burnt' effect on the landscape. No idea if possible though.

Apollodown's got ya covered:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43241/?

Basically the same thing as your pics except of course shittier graphics because skyrim game engine...

Also, there is no 'burnt' effect after the fire gets blown out. Actually fires don't get blown out until you blow them out yourself. I think.

edit: I see you meant in reference to the burnt effect especially.

In which case I'm afraid I wouldn't know how such a thing could be doable in skyrim without massive scripting and hotswapping the meshes. Or through the use of NiOverride from expired to apply a 'burnt' effect on the landscape. No idea if possible though.

hello smiling orange, that would be a challenge?

that would make skyrim absolutely realistic, Burned trees, to burned grass, Burned houses. well that would be worth a deliberation. :)

FarCry 2 physics in Skyrim? I don't think thats possible.

FarCry 2-physics is a very old physics. the physics of skyrim is newer and more expensive.

it must be possible that you can Burned trees and buildings look for a firestorm.

Skyrim uses Havok physics engine, which is proprietary.

Havok only offers it's basic physics code and tools as a free download for 'indie' development. (What HDT uses)

Things like Havok Destruction, AI, Cloth etc... you'll have to pay to get the software tools and code for it.

I'm not gonna say it's impossible, because it isn't. But I highly doubt someone will take this challenge as without the tools and code, it's a monumental task to make things like 'destructible bridges' or true verlet cloth physics.

As for your flame and aftermath destruction, it's probably do-able but not without a somewhat heavy cost. Already Fire and Ice overhaul from apollodown is highly script intensive.

It could be entirely possible that you could somehow just override the textures of world objects using a basic script to check if said object was on fire. You'd need to create the assets and then the script though. Both of which I cannot do or am not interested in xD

Archived