Clone/copy An Npc(?)

Harbl

Okay, so here’s my dilemma.

I was mucking about on Skyrim, redoing the Thieves Guild quest line. During one part, I came across the Shadow Stone and it’s randomly-generated Apprentice Sorcerer. I managed to have a quick save just before I arrived, and after killing the NPC, I took a strong liking to their appearance and wanted this look either for myself or a custom NPC.

I wanted to hang on to the NPC without killing it or having it despawn on me, so I booted up a few mods to make it friendly, renamed it, and marry it (so I can guarantee that it will stick around).

After doing some Google-fu, I can’t find any decent method of copying the NPC’s physical attributes and making it a “real” NPC. I’ve tried an NPC Editor that can’t seem to find this particular character model (possibly because it was randomly generated?), and looking up it’s ID yields something else. The only thing I can think of is pulling up the race menu and manually changing my character’s appearance to match the NPC as closely as possible, but this seems rather unwieldy.

There has to be an easier way to go about this. Surely it couldn’t be that difficult to pull this off. I’m even willing to learn Papyrus just to figure this out. Does anyone have any advice, tips or pointers?

Archived