Best Skin Textures?

ZepD

For me, I always stay true to the original Dimon textures that ship with Type 3. They never fail me and a lot of other skin textures always seem to feel like they have to fill a niche. There is nothing wrong with that of course, but it's just me.

I do, however, love the textures that are used in Mojave Delight. To me they feel like stronger versions of those original Type 3 textures while being distinct.

Though I love that vanilla Type 3 flavor, I have to admit that zzjays' textures are really nice looking too. They've got a dirty look to them, but still maintain an appeal without going overboard.

Like I said earlier, I just really prefer the original Type 3 textures because they were simple and meant to apply across the board, while I feel that a lot of other texture replacers are too specific. For me in the end, if the texture is getting applied to most then it should at least look good on everyone. This is just my personal preference but you can't go wrong with the original. Of course you can always edit them to your liking, adding tattoos or making small adjustments here and there (which I myself often do), so don't forget that you aren't limited just to what you can find.

As for normal maps, the most famous would probably be sweaty skin. Speaks for itself really.

When it comes to Fallout textures, you won't exactly find them sorted out by texture map and normal map and all that jazz like Skyrim, so get to looking at races. The aforementioned Mojave Delight textures could be your general skin textures if you wanted, as is the same with other races. I reiterate that you aren't just limited to what you find listed under normal maps or skin textures, look for resources, races, or decide to make one yourself.

Archived