MCM menus not being brought up?

So I see that SexoutNG, the regular sex plugin, rapers, etc, all have MCM menus. I can access the top tier of each one that has a MCM menu, but if I try to go to a subcategory, the menu closes and I get the main MCM screen again. I'm also having this problem with a HUD mod I have. Any ideas or fixes?

Are you sure you're using the most recent MCM?

If so, do you have project nevada or something else with a ton of MCM entries? There's a problem in MCM where, if the scroll button is present in the list of MCM entries, clicking it will close the open menu rather than scrolling.

If you're having problems with your hud too... I suggest the normal course of action.

1. Disable all your mods except MCM and sexout + sexout mods.

2. Make sure MCM works.

3. Turn on mods one by one until the problem happens again.

If so' date=' do you have project nevada or something else with a ton of MCM entries? There's a problem in MCM where, if the scroll button is present in the list of MCM entries, clicking it will close the open menu rather than scrolling.

If you're having problems with your hud too... I suggest the normal course of action.

2. Make sure MCM works.

[/quote']

I saw that a few others are having the problem I have with the MCM scroll button. Seems this might be a bug that needs fixing.

If so' date=' do you have project nevada or something else with a ton of MCM entries? There's a problem in MCM where, if the scroll button is present in the list of MCM entries, clicking it will close the open menu rather than scrolling.

2. Make sure MCM works.

[/quote']

I saw that a few others are having the problem I have with the MCM scroll button. Seems this might be a bug that needs fixing.

It's a bug either in MCM itself, or in the core game engine.

I am going to work on a band-aid today and tomorrow, reducing the sexout MCM stuff to just one top-level item (no more separate sexout/sexoutng) and also moving all the tryouts into a submenu system similar to how sexout does it.

Will cut down on the # of items in the MCM menu, especially if you have all the tryouts active, so it may be a workaround if that shrinks your list enough to get rid of the scrollbar. Otherwise you just have to reorder your mods so the ones you want to access via MCM appear above the scrollbar.

Hi, just to let you know that I have the exact same problem.

Also have tons of MCM stuff and Project Nevada. The problem is like this.

Without SexoutNG:

MCM works perfectly. All submenus show up perfectly.

With SexoutNG:

Most MCM works perfectly, except the menu for SexoutNG (Sexout is ok).

But I dunno whether this problem is due to MCM scrolling or specifically due to SexoutNG.

Hi' date=' just to let you know that I have the exact same problem.

Also have tons of MCM stuff and Project Nevada. The problem is like this.

Without SexoutNG:

MCM works perfectly. All submenus show up perfectly.

With SexoutNG:

Most MCM works perfectly, except the menu for SexoutNG (Sexout is ok).

But I dunno whether this problem is due to MCM scrolling or specifically due to SexoutNG.

[/quote']

Ok, nevermind, it is the problem with MCM itself. Whenever the list exceed the window space of MCM the problem will appear.

Actually I had this problem even before it exceeded my window. I found it happened randomly, but usually the 2nd/third time I used MCM. I believe it's a fault with MCM itself.

This is one of the reasons I was a tad disappointed to see the 'sex books' gone from SexoutNG, because they allowed to to alter things without having to go into MCM. Now I just do all my changes once when I load the game and hope I don't have to return to MCM later.

I put the sexout mods and MCM at the top of the load order, but, because DFB Random Encounters is an esm, it still loads before sexout in MCM, leading to the same outcome as before. Kinda sucks, because there hasn't been any news from MCM's creator on the problem, which is definitely on that end of things.

Archived