IGNORED

custom race, wrong textures

Shetyre

so basicly i posted this on nexus but got as allways banned for some reason and thought i might find here some help.

i used this gays custom races quite forever (http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/8720/?) and they allways worked fine. now im having a small problem which is as follows.

- i install my adec textures with skeleton and bb animations = everything is fine

- i install custom race = custom race works

- i copy all the adec (also ethereal elves and sporty sweaty skin, eyes of beaty, etc) inside custom race folder = check

- i install CBBE = my custom dark elf race starts using CBBE textures even if ADEC are in its folders.

i tried reinstalling properly a dozen times and my custom race allways uses cbbe textures. after some deleting i also found out, that my custom race uses vanila body textures folders but uses proper head textures from its appropriate folders.

(i deleted all textures from custom, installed cbbe to see something. which in theory should be a vanila custom dark elf, but it was a cbbe body and vanila head dark elf, after i put ethereal in, custom dark elf had ethereal skin, cbbe body).

please someone help me T_T

I ran into this with my Ningheim race install. I changed their body (mesh) to an HDT body. The HDT body meshes were referencing the CBBE textures like they were supposed to but the Ningheim had their own textures which were not being used.

SO... I had to open the Ningheim meshes in NifSkope and edit the meshes to point to the correct textures.

Make sense?

I've used this mod for a long time and it's never done that.You're manually installing your cbbe meshes in the custom race mesh folders right? I know that's probably silly to ask, but your post doesn't make it clear, you just say "I install cbbe".

Assuming you are, I have had this sort of thing where a race mod ignores textures I've modified in it's folder, and just as chajapa says, I had to manually alter the texture paths for the affected nif file in Nifskope so it points directly to the race's folder rather than just default female ones.

Change the bit circled in red to the custom race folder pathtexturepath.jpg

i use NMM to install mods

and your answers make sense, 

i have sadly 0 expirience on how to use nifscope or whatsoever  : (

i should probably try installing some stuff manualy and see what happens 

or get some skills on dat nifscope ...

Yeah you have to place textures and meshes into Custom Race's race folders manually. It already comes with some and whatever's in there will take priority over any other mesh or texture mods you install via NMM that place their files in the usual default folders. The Custom Race mod is set up so that it will always look in it's own folders first, and the default folders second. 

The skeleton install is normally fine where it is, but I think CR does come with one, but if not don't worry about it, it will find what it needs.  But all the meshes and textures you want for your custom races, put those in their relevant race folders following the pre-existing folder structure - don't delete anything that's already in there, use them as a reference so you know where to place your files, and replace as you go. 

The description page for the mod is actually very good, refer to it if you get stuck and you'll probably find your answers there. Obviously ask here if not. 

Yeah you have to place textures and meshes into Custom Race's race folders manually. It already comes with some and whatever's in there will take priority over any other mesh or texture mods you install via NMM that place their files in the usual default folders. The Custom Race mod is set up so that it will always look in it's own folders first, and the default folders second. 

The skeleton install is normally fine where it is, but I think CR does come with one, but if not don't worry about it, it will find what it needs.  But all the meshes and textures you want for your custom races, put those in their relevant race folders following the pre-existing folder structure - don't delete anything that's already in there, use them as a reference so you know where to place your files, and replace as you go. 

The description page for the mod is actually very good, refer to it if you get stuck and you'll probably find your answers there. Obviously ask here if not. 

nono, you got it wrong, the custom race textures are manualy installed in the right folders, i thought you mean to install CBBE manualy instead of NMM

(i use CBBE  for NPCs)

Okay, you did say in your second post "I use NMM to install mods", so I was just reiterating that this won't work for Custom Races meshes and textures. I've re-read your first post again:

- you've manually installed ADEC body meshes in custom race mesh folder

- manually installed ADEC and EEO texture files in custom race texture folder

- you've used NMM to install CBBE for npcs

and it's picking up CBBE textures. So back to what we first thought it might be.

A very quick way to check what's happening would be to disable the CBBE textures which you could do by temporarily renaming the texture folder that contains them to something else, like 'texturesBKUP'. That will force Skyrim to look in it's BSA archives for NPC textures. If you load up your custom race and it's still applying CBBE textures, then you know it's something about your manual installation of files that's gone wrong.

Or you could just try as we suggested, change the texture paths for nifs to match the custom race folder path. 

i am sorry, i found some time on my hands after all dis studying to get nifscope which is apparantly free and very easy to get, i already failed to install it.

i pretty mutch assume that nifscope (its marked with app) is just an addition to some program or something ?

- downloaded blender, gonna try out later :3

- had time today, seems downloading blender was a waste of time and is not necessary for nifskope. but how do i even install it then ? =(

Archived