BBP/HDT not working on armour - any ideas?

Alan47

Hello everyone,

I've switched from Nexus Mod Manager to Mod Organizer lately. It gave me a bit of trouble to set up everything, but I'm finally there. My last remaining problem is that the BBP / HDT effect is not working on my armours.

Here's my setup (in installation order):

- XP32 Skeleton Enhanced (the one found here on LL)

- CBBE

- Bodyslide 2

- HDT all-in-one (as can be found here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27122-hdt-collisions-hair-physics-now-with-belly-support-updated-just-another-hdt-xml-file/)

- CT77's vanilla armour replacer (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D25259&pUp=1)

After batch-building the meshes in Bodyslide 2 (with Caliente Body Advanced TBBP as base shape) and dealing with Mod-Organizer-Issues (see http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1638338-mod-organizer-with-cbbe-bodyslide/ for details), the armour is in game and working, but no BBP/HDT at all, neither with nor without the HDT Havok Object equipped.

When nude, everything's jiggling and bouncing happily, breast collision is working too, but with an armour equipped, the body is stiff as if made from concrete.... And I *know* that this armour mod is bbp/hdt compatible because on my Nexus Mod Manager install, it worked just fine.

Any hints on this? Did I miss something in my setup? It's been a while since I've done my last fresh install, it might well be that I forgot something important.

EDIT: Meh, Mod Organizer played a trick on me. As a user named "cell" (if you read this: thanks!) explained to me on the IRC channel, there are actually MULTIPLE versions of CT77's vanilla armour replacer mod. Some have BBP, other's don't. Normally this doesn't matter because the default FOMOD manager lets you choose. But things are different with Mod Organizer. So in the end I was simply using the wrong meshes, shame on me -.-

See edit of initial post, stupid me simply used the non-bbp meshes, because I wasn't aware that there IS a non-bbp version of CT77's mod.

Sorry for the trouble ^_^'

How did you install it?

MO normally uses FOMOD scripts and pops up their little screens for you if you use that first button on the toolbar.

I've never had it not do that for me.

How did you install it?

MO normally uses FOMOD scripts and pops up their little screens for you if you use that first button on the toolbar.

I've never had it not do that for me.

Well, in MO I used the FOMOD installer, and I think it worked properly. However, in order to use the meshes in Bodyslide, I had to do some manual copying into "CalienteTools / Bodyslide 2 / ShapeData" (since MO's folder virtualization technique prevents the "normal" usage). And apparently, I've accidentally picked the wrong files there. I solved it by downloading the "manual installation" package from the nexus, which contains a clean separation of BBP and Non-BBP meshes. Worked perfectly with that :)  Imho that's the biggest drawback of MO: using external tools with it that expect a certain file tree and modify files outside their own mod directory. Had similar trouble with GlossTech and Caliente's Texture Blender. By launching them through Mod Organizer, you can get them to run properly, but it seems that they cannot modify files outside their own mod directory, which makes them rather useless. With BodySlide, this can be avoided by holding the CTRL key down when generating the meshes, which brings up a file dialog asking where to put the meshes (I always point it to the "overwrite" directory of MO which works perfectly fine). However, other tools such as Texture Blender don't have such functionality.

The overwrite dir isn't really meant to hold mods for regular use. It's for stuff that, for the most part, get written out by the game (logs etc). Occasionally i'll have some stuff show up there, but I always move it where it's supposed to go when I find it. you can do this by dragging it out of that window onto the mod entry where it's suppoed to go. Yeah Neat!

If there's one thing I can do it's write effective instructions. Follow these instructions exactly. Change nothing EXCEPT the name of your body. If it doesn't work right for you after doing this, then go back to the top and follow it, again, step by step, saying each one out loud (yes it helps) until you find where you messed up.

It's not hard, really. the problem that most people have with MO is that they're stuck in an NMM mindset. 

Here's what you do with MO. 

1. Put bodyslide wherever you want, outside of the skyrim dir
    I have a master dir with all my non-game skyrim shit dirs in it.
  2. In MO, on the Run menu, click edit (the dropdown to the left of "> Run")
  3. In the Binary field, surf to bodyslide.exe
  4. you don't need to check any of the boxes.
  5. click add, click close.
  6. Optional:
    1. Click the Run menu, select bodyslide.
    2. Click the shortcut menu (under "> Run"), select "Toolbar."

Done. 

You now have 1 install, as much in the "data" dir as bodyslide wants to be. It seriously cant tell when you run it. At this point, create a new profile running only your base bodymod and the most basic body shit (textures, hdt, outfits, etc). I have one I call "HDT Test" and one called "Bodyslide"

If you don't have a separate mod for the body, do this... it will keep regular CBBE and your body mod separate.

IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT OVERWRITING CBBE OR IT'S OUTFITS, YOU CAN SKIP THIS STEP. To be perfectly honest, it doesn't really matter. You can reinstall regular cbbe at any time... this just lets you be a packrat and keep everything. 

1. Use explorer to go to MO/mods dir and duplicate the CBBE install by copying the directory. (select it, ctrl c, ctrl v) 
  2. rename it to the name you want. (My bodyslide body is called FFW in body slide, so my duplicate of CBBE is called FFW.)
  3. do the same with outfit mods. (TERA Armor Collection - CBBE - standalone was copied to another dir and became FFW TERA Armor Collection - CBBE - standalone)
  4. Put a check on your "FFW" mods in your "Bodyslide" profile. 

NOW... when you run Bodyslide from the run menu, using the profile with your "FFW" mods, when you Create Bodies, it will overwrite your "FFW" body and when you batch build the outfits it will overwrite your outfits. Meantime, the original cbbe and outfit mods are unchanged and still available to use in the game.

Hi,

first off: thanks for the instructions :)  I do have some more questions if I may...

Here's what you do with MO. 

1. Put bodyslide wherever you want, outside of the skyrim dir
    I have a master dir with all my non-game skyrim shit dirs in it.
  2. In MO, on the Run menu, click edit (the dropdown to the left of "> Run")
  3. In the Binary field, surf to bodyslide.exe
  4. you don't need to check any of the boxes.
  5. click add, click close.
  6. Optional:
    1. Click the Run menu, select bodyslide.
    2. Click the shortcut menu (under "> Run"), select "Toolbar."

Done. 

On the nexus description page about Bodyslide2, Caliente states the following:

Note: Do not hook BodySlide through the "Configure executables" tool instead, or it won't work.

But that's exactly what you do, if I understood you right? So... is Caliente's information out-dated? Does it actually *matter*?

Let's do a quick comparison of the resulting configurations:

a ) Caliente's method as described on the nexus.

- Executable: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

- Working Dir: [...]\Mod Organizer\mods\BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio\CalienteTools\BodySlide

- Run Parameters: [...]\Mod Organizer\mods\BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio\CalienteTools\BodySlide\BodySlide.exe

b ) Your method.
 - Executable: [...]\Mod Organizer\mods\BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio\CalienteTools\BodySlide
 - Working Dir: <empty>
 - Run Parameters: <empty>

So the way I read it is that in configuration a ), MO invokes the command line prompt and lets it execute bodyslide within its own directory, whereas in option b ), bodyslide is invoked directly by MO. Under "normal" circumstances I'd say that it amounts to the same situation, but with MOs file virtualization, I'm not so sure about it.

You now have 1 install, as much in the "data" dir as bodyslide wants to be. It seriously cant tell when you run it. At this point, create a new profile running only your base bodymod and the most basic body shit (textures, hdt, outfits, etc). I have one I call "HDT Test" and one called "Bodyslide"

If you don't have a separate mod for the body, do this... it will keep regular CBBE and your body mod separate.

IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT OVERWRITING CBBE OR IT'S OUTFITS, YOU CAN SKIP THIS STEP. To be perfectly honest, it doesn't really matter. You can reinstall regular cbbe at any time... this just lets you be a packrat and keep everything. 

1. Use explorer to go to MO/mods dir and duplicate the CBBE install by copying the directory. (select it, ctrl c, ctrl v) 
  2. rename it to the name you want. (My bodyslide body is called FFW in body slide, so my duplicate of CBBE is called FFW.)
  3. do the same with outfit mods. (TERA Armor Collection - CBBE - standalone was copied to another dir and became FFW TERA Armor Collection - CBBE - standalone)
  4. Put a check on your "FFW" mods in your "Bodyslide" profile. 

NOW... when you run Bodyslide from the run menu, using the profile with your "FFW" mods, when you Create Bodies, it will overwrite your "FFW" body and when you batch build the outfits it will overwrite your outfits. Meantime, the original cbbe and outfit mods are unchanged and still available to use in the game.

I imagined that it *should* work that way. However, when I tried to set it up, Bodyslide first of all didn't recognize other mods (e.g. TERA) without manual copying, and the batch build of the bodies was saved to only god knows where but definitily NOT in the mod directory they were supposed to go xD

I'll try it again with your method, perhaps it really is related to the way in which the BodySlide executable is wired up within Mod Organizer.

Archived