I literally cannot die.

kholdy

So this one's weird, I've had it for quite a while now but I finally decided to see if anyone knows a fix.

I can't die. Whenever I do die, I get stuck in the 'essential recovering' (UI goes away, camera becomes uncontrollable, I fall to the ground, but I don't actually die, I just kneel and start panting like an essential follower). This never ends. I've kept track of my HP using the console while dead, it never went above -30, so I assume I don't recover HP, ever.

Changing the death script DOES however seem to change this. After becoming a vampire, using the Better Vampires mod, I was able to die, because it turned me into a pile of ashes using a custom script. However, I don't see anything in my mod list that's changing the default death script, aside from No Spinning Death Animation maybe. Disabling that didn't help though.

It's not a major issue, because I usually just 'fake' the death; if I'm supposed to die, I'll load my latest save. But it is kind of annoying.

Here's my modlist:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
OblivionHairPackAIO.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
SGHairPackBase.esm
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
DSAMG - Miraak Music Fixes.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
DungeonQuestAwareness.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - AIO - Dawnguard.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyUI.esp
iHUD.esp
Bandanas of Skyrim.esp
Bikini-MTM.esp
Blindfolds_of_Skyrim.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
EC Clothes.esp
Field Mage Outfit.esp
HotpantsBikini.esp
I Love Cleavage 7B.esp
imp_helm.esp
imp_helm_dawn.esp
imp_help_dbrn.esp
Lethal Majesty.esp
Nocturnal.esp
Osare HotPants.esp
Osare Swimsuit.esp
Osare Underwear.esp
WestWindMisfit.esp
HDT Havok Object.esp
Lock Overhaul.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
SkyRe_Main.esp
SkyRe_Combat.esp
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
SkyRe_SIC Crossbowfix.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
towBlockSteal.esp
AchieveThat.esp
Babette.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-SkyRePatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
DiversePriests.esp
HelmetToggle2.02b.esp
ImmersiveFP.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge.esp
Better Vampires.esp
ajd_allowmultipleregift.esp
Shaydows VampireLord Replacer OVERHAUL.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
No Skill Limit.esp
DanceTogether.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
Beards.esp
Brows.esp
SGHairPackAIO.esp
BS-TheHag_Overlays.esp
RaceMenuOverlayCompilation - UNP.esp
SBF All In One + DLC.esp
BTRH_Tomoe.esp
c35Silmeriagirl002.esp
Nanako.esp
Orchid.esp
Sara.esp
Tauriel.esp
Nel.esp
NoNakedComments.esp
NonEssentialChildren.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AFTPatch.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
CharGen Morphs.esp
CharGen ECE Morphs.esp
Facelight.esp
Vampire Skin Color Fix.esp
Atlas Map Markers.esp
Atlas Blackreach.esp
Atlas Dawnguard.esp
Atlas Hearthfire.esp
Atlas Dragonborn.esp
Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
ReProccer.esp
RutahTattooPack.esp
KJ Tattoos.esp
BTRH_PrivateSquad.esp
Apocalypse - SkyRe Compatibility Patch.esp
Tamaria.esp
heimu0.esp
FreckleMania.esp
FollowerCiceria.esp
FollowerCicerola.esp
RaceMenuPantyhose.esp
FrostBite Armor.esp
BTRH_Waifu.esp
kankaraya.esp
7b Bombshell dadagstellapolice.esp
Neo'sTinaByNausicaa.esp
ly jacket.esp
hentai Dark Rose.esp
PleatedSheet.esp
SuiFonOutfit.esp
VampireBrideRobes.esp
BohemianArmor.esp
NightHawkTBBP.esp

And here's my SKSE plugin list:

FirstPersonPlugin.dll
MfgConsole.dll
OneTweak.dll
SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.dll
chargen.dll
disablefacegencache.dll
hdtHighHeelNative.dll
hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll
hdtSkyrimMemPatch.dll
nioverride.dll
towBlockSteal.dll

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried Beeing Female Beta 2 on your savegame ? If so ... There is a bug like yours. You can find a fix to that on the beeing Female topic. Hope this can help you.

there is also an essential bug in Sanguine's debauchery, but it doesn't look like OP has sexlab mods. However, an improper uninstall of either of these mods would definitely cause this.

EDIT: did you try the TGM and TIM console commands? One of those makes you essential (I think its TIM) try enabling and disabling those two and see if that fixes it.

I'm not using any Sexlab mods, nor has that save ever used any in the past. I've used them on a savefile in the past, but that was in a different MO profile, and I've done a complete reinstall since then.

I use TGM and TIM quite frequently, but they're not related. TIM doesn't even let you enter the dead/recovering state.

i guess that person can help :

22858922.jpg

Joke aside, did you remember when that started? if you remember just deactive all mods past that date and test, if works all good, just active the mods one by one and test, if that persist try running tes5edit and look if occurs any error at that.

Well... it started from when I started the game. It happens to any of my saves, so it's not a skyrim issue. Removing mods one by one was the first thing I tried, didn't work. Might be a script that remains active even after uninstalling the mod, but I couldn't find anything with any of the save cleaner tools either.

You may have already considered it but did you try uninstalling then reinstalling all your mods? Not through NMM, I mean a thorough uninstallation. Try deleting all the files of any mod you currently have deactivated. See if that helps. I know I am kind of asking you grasp at straws but it's just the way it is.

I don't even run NMM, I use MO for basically everything. So deleting all of the mod files is just unchecking all of the mods, which I've done plenty of times. Had to keep several of them on cause I CTD'd otherwise though. No change =/

You still have at your profiles (at MO) the Default one ? try using default profile, load your problematic save, try getting bandits aggro and seen if works, if works, do a new save, reload you problematic profile load the new save and test, if work its all good, if not try doing a new profile and use vanilla setting without mods for that one, load you save ,test and actived ea mod. 

You still have at your profiles (at MO) the Default one ? try using default profile, load your problematic save, try getting bandits aggro and seen if works, if works, do a new save, reload you problematic profile load the new save and test, if work its all good, if not try doing a new profile and use vanilla setting without mods for that one, load you save ,test and actived ea mod. 

Doesn't work, for the simple reason that I CTD due to certain missing mods. Also, even if that did work, I really, really wouldn't want to ruin my save by turning all of my script mods off and back on again.

But like I said before, I've already tested all mods individually, nothing changed.

I've got this bug (even when no mod were installed, just vanila and DLCs) and I installed then uninstalled "SM Essential Player" mod ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16311 ) and now, I can die. Maybe it will work for you.

Tried it, didn't work =/ Thanks for the idea though.

Have you ever installed Death Alternative - Your Money or Your Life? I had that installed once and it completely bugged me to where I dropped to the ground and it said "You can no longer fight" or something to that effect. I don't see it in your load order, but you still could have had it installed at some point. :P

• 2 months later...

I've got this bug and i tried write in the console "setessential <BaseID> 0", where BaseID is the player ID (You can obtain clicking over your character in console mode; normally is only 7 or 14); and i solved it. Maybe it will work for you.

Archived