Sexlab Submit or Defeat?

Sunja44

As both mods effectively do the same thing - combining rape and combat - I just wanted to hear some opinions, why I should prefer one mod to the other (compatibilty issues with other mods, general stableness, script heavyness, immersion).

I would wait to decided for a week or two until the next update for defeat comes out as it will be adding a lot.

You can also use both and just turn off certain parts of each and use them both. Since both do some things the other does not.

Guest Nico28469

Yes they aren't exactly the same mods. They do have differences as well as some similarities.

The biggest difference for me is the way they work. I personnaly prefer Submit, but then it's up to you!

I thought in the latest version they don't work along side all that well unless you set it up correctly? I have never used both at once.

Anyways, both of these mods are very good, it almost makes me question why there isn't a Sexlab Death Alternative style mod yet that combines both aspects.

I play PC/follower as victim mostly so I am not too keen on the offensive portion of both mods.

I think Defeat handles follower and NPCs better, (if I recall Submit doesn't have that option at all?) although occasionally having follower around makes it seems like it'll never trigger

Defeat handles mid battle assault better with No Transition, as in you can set up a chance to trigger mid battle sex then go back to fighting

Submit handles the actual defeat and surrendering aspect better with its binding options, hardcore mode or not, escapes, and its death proof function seems more robust than Defeat

Defeat has gangbang however, but I don't think it can trigger if you set up No Transition.

I really like both mods, and really looking forward for the new version of Defeat.

Both have their advantages, many of who lie outside their core functionality.

I definitely liked Defeat's ability to go after sleeping people, including murdering them - made for a great option for a sneaky character.

Submit includes seduction dialogue options that would be worth installing just for themselves.

From the victim standpoint, Submit handles the post-assault better, but you can always add Devious Captures to Defeat (I haven't tried it, but figured I'd mention it), putting it on par with Submit+Devious Devices.

Both have their advantages, many of who lie outside their core functionality.

I definitely liked Defeat's ability to go after sleeping people, including murdering them - made for a great option for a sneaky character.

Submit includes seduction dialogue options that would be worth installing just for themselves.

From the victim standpoint, Submit handles the post-assault better, but you can always add Devious Captures to Defeat (I haven't tried it, but figured I'd mention it), putting it on par with Submit+Devious Devices.

Its a matter of personal taste, I prefer Defeat with Devious Captures, however the one thing it doesn't do which Submit does do better is take your gold

Anyways, both of these mods are very good, it almost makes me question why there isn't a Sexlab Death Alternative style mod yet that combines both aspects.

Sanguine's Debauchery+ is being updated to run on Death Alternative right now, if I read that thread correctly. Looking forward to the possibilities there.

My suggestion is to use both and alternate between them. Main reason: Submit doesn't work well together with SD+, whereas Defeat wonderfully works together with SD+ if you use the minimum threshold setting. Then you get first raped via defeat, the stamina debuff effect makes escape difficult, if you are lucky you can escape, if not in round 2 or 3 you likely end up getting enslaved.

Submit on the other hand has the wonderful progressive bondage addon from MixedupJim, which makes for interesting adventures too.

So i suggest to alter between the mods, using Defeat + SD+ for some hours, then Submit for some hours, then switching again, this leads to nice variety.

Very important is also to add Deviously Helpless, makes escaping even more interesting, especially when blindfolded ....... .

Finally worth mentioning are that Defeat uses the great group rape animations, especially with humanoids like draugr or falmer awesome, while Submit has the quite useful sex dialogue addition.

Archived