Opening/Closing Vagina, proof of concept (need help/feedback)

elktrue

Hi everyone. After a long time of lurking I finally have something I think is worth posting.

First off if this is posted in the wrong place or if somewhere else is more relevant be direct me.

Anyways, I spent some time playing around with blender trying to teach myself some things. Currently I am in the middle of trying to create my first body for Skyrim.

So far I have successfully created a mesh based on standard cbbe which incorporates a vagina mesh which can open and close. I tested this by importing the xpms skeleton into blender. The bones NPC L/R Pussy01 lined up and I was able to replicate opening and closing in pose mode.

Some feedback would be helpful.

What does everyone think? Is this worth working on more?

I also have some questions.

- When I imported an earlier version of this into Skyrim there was a neck gap. Not a neck seam, a full fledged mesh gap. Any info on how to get rid of     it?

- Can someone point me in the right direction as to how I would make a texture for this. Possibly by modifying the cbbe ones?

- What are the best settings (using nifscripts) to export a body from blender with?

Images are attached, the cross sectional one kind of shows what I'm getting at. I also have .blend files I can upload one request.

Thanks in advance!

post-83095-0-36975600-1396489878_thumb.png

post-83095-0-50137200-1396489884_thumb.png

post-83095-0-71349400-1396489890_thumb.png

Alright. Modding the UNP body seems like a good project. I'll give it a shot.

Can anyone recommend what femalebody nif to start with?

I would assume that a BBP or TBBP weighted one would be the best.

The only issues that I really need help with is making sure that I have the nif tools import/export setting correct,

and setting up textures.

As far as I know all UNP variants (SevenBase, UNP, UNP Skinny, UNPetite, Top Model, UNPB, etc.) have their genitals in the same place on the body. So a base UNP (BBP or TBBP and I have those archives if you would want them) should be a safe starting point to work with.

gvman could you upload the .nif files for the UNP BBP body. Even though I could probably find them on LL (or nexus) I've never used UNP (always CBBE) and I want to make sure that I have the right base as there seems to be so many varients.

I want to make sure that I have the right base as there seems to be so many varients.

You might want to ask others who have made or converted UNP variant stuff to be sure. But I've used UNPB, UNP, UNP Skinny, UNPetite and UNP Top Model then mixed and matched clothing/armor (so the body morphs to the clothing's body type) and labia piercings still always line up properly, even when many other things don't.

Maybe try using Outfit Studio to get the conversion going and get a rough outline for your hard work already?

Then you can obviously touch it up and perfect the weighting and alignments via Blender/Mudbox/3dsMax/The 1000 other programs..

Overall, looks really cool and I encourage this :)

Hell, if you've got enough time, maybe you can bugfix the weight issues in the other one while your at it :D

you mean create the unp mesh from bodyslide? that sounds like it will be waaaaaay more compatible with everything else than just going out and grabbing a random mesh.

The only tool i've had a hard time figuring out is bodyslide. What I don't understand (and need help with) is what the heck makes the sliders work, and what exactly a conversion is. I'm assuming that the sliders deform a base mesh using bone scaling and save the result?

Everything I've seen tutorial wise has been directed towards the end-user, or leaves out details that are assumed but that I don't know. If someone could explain (or at least direct me towards some mid-level guide) it would be very much appreciated.

Nope deforms the mesh based on vertex position information.

Kinda like how you get the weight percentages between the _0.nifs and _1.nifs actually.

Here's a sort of mid-level guide, or at least some of the stuff in their can be mid-level, I haven't made any proper guides about how you can extend Bodyslide by making completely new mophs using an actual 3D software package.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25180-unofficial-bodyslide-2outfit-studio-tutorials/

You should be able to get the shape correctly by following Guide 3 and use CBBE to UNP as a conversion reference.

As for advanced/modder level information, stuffed_bunny's got ya covered:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21327-bodyslide-modders-guides-and-help-thread/

If you need some help or a custom/new guide for a specific result you'd like to achieve, you can always ask and if I know the answer I'll explain it as best I can :)

Cool! Very much appreciated.

I guess what I'll try to do is play around with bodyslide a bit and see if I can get the resolved (maybe make a conversion from my cbbe to my body, if i'm using the term right), then work on a UNP mesh generated from bodyslide.

Once again, thanks for the help!

edit: immediately found what was causing the neck gap problem upon loading body in outfit studio. upon comparing my body to the original cbbe mesh, my body is exactly the same shape, but slightly lower. No clue how that happend ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ does bodyslide allow for moving a mesh?

Yea, you can move a mesh in outfit studio, but it kinda sucks...

Best and most easiest method would be I guess to match your vagina mesh onto the cbbe mesh used by OS (you can find the meshes in ShapeData/calbody or something like that) in Blender and re export for OS to use.

It's kind of a roundabout way to do it, but that's all their is for now.

Got it. I just opened up the .blend file of my body and of the orignal cbbe import side by side. then compared coordinates.

Everything but the texture on the new mesh faces is working correctly. (with the caveat that i only have femalebody_1.nif)

Edit: btw the vagina mesh is spliced into the body mesh (aka it's all one mesh). I was hoping this would make things work better?

I got a bodyslide version working. It still has some texture problems and no weights, but the mesh shows like it should.

From the "readme"

This is currently very much an early work.

Here is a list of things that need improved.

To-Do
- UV Maping is incorrect, no textures show up on the altered part of the mesh.
- Bones NPC L Pussy1 and NPC R Pussy1 need weighted still, but they should work.
- Bones NPC L Pussy2 and NPC R Pussy2 are outside of the mesh,
  this could be fixed with skeleton changes but then there would be less compatability.
- BBP, TBBP, HDT, and Pregnancy support should all be possible through copying weights from
  other meshes and/or creating conversions. But I haven't done this yet.

What I need help with
-UV Maping
-Pussy weights
-Possible skeleton changes
-Compability info (a.k.a. what should I do for maximum compatability)

Thanks to blabba for the help so far!

Vmesh Bodyslide 0_1.7z

Archived