why is hadvar freaking out?

Guest wellbredbitch

Guest wellbredbitch

once i get some gear and the key to helgen from the chest hadgar opens the gate and then he runs off. he runs against the wall untill i open the next gate to the central area where the stormcloak soldiers are.

he runs through and continually runs against the iron gate.

i took this screenshot to show you all what i mean.

the stormcloaks aren't reacting to our presence.

i've  installed everything right i think. i allways run fnis after each install or uninstall.

i ran the skyproc patcher and boss before i loaded my save and everything was ok.

i tried running through but the stormcloaks in the storeroom are aggressive. i killed them and went through to the torture room. the stormcloaks and the imperials don't react to my presence there. the final stormcloaks in the room before the bridge lever are aggressive and the so are the spiders and the bear. i ran out side and hadvar appeared behind me. he didn't crouch near the rock as he allways does but ran around the side of the rocks back towards helgen.

i want to play the game and do the quests so can anyone tell me how to make hadvar his old self again?

Load order Load order Load order. People need to remember to post this when they post their problems we have no clue what you have installed so we have no clue on what could be causing it. It could be a mod conflict load order issue or anything else. TES5Edit http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/? Download it unzip it and run the .exe that is in it if it hits a error in your load order it will stop and tell you why in the bottom right hand area read it fix it close TES5Edit and repeat till it's able to load up completely without hitting a error and try the game again.

Guest wellbredbitch

thank you for the advice myuhinny. i downloaded TES5Edit unzipped it and ran the .exe. it showed one error.

[00:15] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp" requires master "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp".

i have read somewhere that the esp for the USP is in fact labelled as an esm. is this the cause? if i must add the esp for USP, where would i find it?

Guest wellbredbitch

after further research i ran BOSS and it  is telling me that if i am using the 2.0 version of USP i need to add some text to the user list in it's files.

i remembered that it was boss that was telling me that the esp for USP is labelled as an esm.

it isn't telling me that since i added the text about the four Unofficial patches to the user list.

TES5Edit has just completed and it found no errors this time.  which is good news.  i will run the skyproc patcher once more and then load my save game.

Guest wellbredbitch

oh i forgot to say i moved the esp/esm of USP up the load order to third place just behind the update esm. but BOSS moved it back down the load order. after i had updated the user list text it placed it third in the load ordr so that worked great!

my game is running normally now. Hadvar is his usual self once more.

Archived