Printers?

Hello everyone,

Since this section is designated for "hardware" I am hopping this fits here!

I am looking to buy a new printer, and have no clue where to start. Primarily, I want a reliable printer that looks nice, nothing cheap looking, I really won't be using it all that often, so it doesn't necessarily have to be able to print 100 papers a week or anything.

I have around 130$ to spend, thanks ahead of time for any help!

All depends on what you would like. Tigerdirect.com has many to choose from. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=21&srkey=printer The pages also have review tab so you can look and see what people think of whatever you are looking at.   

The thing is, it's all jargon to me, I don't understand what any of it means, which is fine, I just want to know what you guys think I should get, I am not picky at all in regard to this subject, I just don't want to get a hunk of junk. I would read the reviews, but to be honest, I never trust reviews on sites like that, because most of them are written by people who just slam together something together in 5 minutes. 

Brother usually makes a good printer (Printer), and I don't think the cartridges are very expensive for this one. They should last 300 pages on average. It also has a lot of features I doubt you'll use. Good news is it has a power save feature, although simply unplugging it would keep it from ghosting power.

If all you are planning to print is in Black and White I'd say get a laserjet. The toner cartridges last longer then inkjet cartridges as in they can print more pages, and can be left in a printer for a longer period of time without causing issues. The overall cost of a laserjet is a lot lower then that of an inkjet. Printed pages also don't smear up.

Archived