Battle For Whiterun major FPS drop

Today, during my current playthrough, I finally got to the point where I was going to do the Civil War quest, fighting for the Stormcloaks. After returning the axe to Ulfric, I did a fast travel to Whiterun to get orders from Galmar and when I got to the Stormcloak camp, my FPS dropped down to almost nothing.

Now I'm worried about playing the rest of this quest... I know I'm running a lot of mods but I haven't run into any other location that would cause such a drop in FPS. Not Jorvaskr, not the Bannered Mare.

The FPS drop went away after I was able to lower the drawbridge and make it through the gates of Whiterun.

Has anybody else run into this recently or have any suggestions for solving this problem? I have a save game in Windhelm right before I fast travel to the Stormcloak camp.

I'm attaching my current load order. My SKSE is up to date. FNIS is up to date.

I'm using ENBoost but no ENB configured. Also using FXAA Post Process Injector, setting #4.

My specs...

i3 processor, 4 GB RAM

HD7700 series card, 2GB of VRAM

OUCH! :o That's just crazy. :lol:

So do you have any funky ini settings, like changing "fExtraTaskletBudgetMS" to some really high number? I ask because for a long time people have suggested this "tweak" to improve performance and it really doesn't.

Some people in that thread said deleting their inis then running the Skyrim Launcher again to generate fresh ones worked. Others reported just changing the fExtraTaskletBudgetMS to the default 1.2 was enough. So one of those will probably fix you up. But that's IF you wanna' try going through that again! :D

I did try making that change in the Papyrus settings but I couldn't get any of my save games to load.

After I changed it back to what I had before and recompiled everything, I'm back in business so I think I'm just going to move along haha

Archived