Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

I've actually thought that providing a MCM panel for ticking of anal vs vaginal for a specified list of otherwise "ambiguous" animations would give the user the ability to select their preference and then provide both sets of files...

That would be pretty nice Gooser. And it's weird you say that Decauk because I also use Beeing Female which I think also relies on Sexlab's categorization of animations to decide when to apply sperm vaginally, and it seems to consider all creature animations vaginal.

Is there a list published anywhere of what exactly creature animations are tagged as? I can't find one.

Didn't I post that list somewhere recently?

(Dog) Dominate, (Wolf) Doggystyle, (Chaurus) Reverse, (Horse) Doggystyle, (Falmer) Doggystyle, (Gargoyle) Doggystle), (Troll) Doggystyle, (Troll) Dominate, (Vampire Lord) Doggystyle, (Werewolf) Doggystyle and (Werewolf) Dominate are all anal, as I remember. I may be wrong on the Troll/Werewolf ones, all I remember is that they each have 2 anal animations. Note that Draugr have no anal even though Falmer do, and Dog/Wolf share animations but different ones are classed as anal.

(Horse) Oral & (Dragon) Oral are oral.

Rieklings have no tags at all.

The rest are vaginal.

That would be pretty nice Gooser. And it's weird you say that Decauk because I also use Beeing Female which I think also relies on Sexlab's categorization of animations to decide when to apply sperm vaginally, and it seems to consider all creature animations vaginal.

Is there a list published anywhere of what exactly creature animations are tagged as? I can't find one.

Hasn't Beeing Female been around for a while? It was only recently that Ashal added vaginal/anal/oral tags to creatures in SexLab, so I imagine Beeing Female defaults to vaginal for that purpose. Never used it though, so I might be wrong.

I've put together a small db file of just FF messages.  Going thru the animations I noticed that there are only 3 specifically tagged FF w/o toys.  So here's my logic:

All the FemaleActor_Female_... files use toys

The FemaleActor_Female_FF_... files don't

I also split them into two folders:

FemaleActor_Female  ... for the female PC in the submissive role

FemaleActor_Female_Dom  ...for the female PC in the dominant role

For the db files I went with the following:

Decauk's tag of {CREAM} vs {PUSSY_JUICE} <- that one just cracks me up everytime I read it. I think its a new drink for my cat..

{STRAPON} vs {WORNSTRAPON} <- I can't see a reason for the "WORN" here and the other is already in the code.

I added two adjective tags:

{SO_ADJ} <- Non-rape Strap-on adjectives

{SOR_ADJ} <- Rape Strap-on adjectives.

Anyway take a look, I set it up so it shouldn't overwrite anything.  It's just to preview possibilities.  These are predominately 1st person w/ a skeleton 2nd person & a voyeur 3rd person.

.. Just wanted to add that within an act grouping I set the stages like this:

1st name file - get ready/undress

.._Stage2 - set start of the scene,

.._Stage3 - go at it

.._Stage4 - finishing

.._Orgasm - finishing / aftermath

This way the stage messages display in a logical progression.  There is some overlap in stages 2 & 3 and stages 4 & O in some instances.

Sorry for the hole in the wall topic...I'm lost with just attacing a file. .... ok I think I have it...Apropos 06.18_Custom.zip  *yea!*

I used originally shortened {PUSSY_JUICE} to just {JUICE}, but then kept confusing it with another tag I'd used, {JUICY}. So I changed it to {CREAM}, it seemed much less ambiguous.

There's actually no {WORNSTRAPON} tag yet, Gooser just threw that out as an example.

Good work though.

Right now, Apropos can't distinguish between PC submissive and PC dominant for messages, it would always just play the same messages. Gooser would be able to say more about whether it's possible for that to happen or not, and it's a code thing, so I can't really offer many suggestions on how to allow it.

(Dog) Dominate, (Wolf) Doggystyle, (Chaurus) Reverse, (Horse) Doggystyle, (Falmer) Doggystyle, (Gargoyle) Doggystle), (Troll) Doggystyle, (Troll) Dominate, (Vampire Lord) Doggystyle, (Werewolf) Doggystyle and (Werewolf) Dominate are all anal, as I remember. I may be wrong on the Troll/Werewolf ones, all I remember is that they each have 2 anal animations. Note that Draugr have no anal even though Falmer do, and Dog/Wolf share animations but different ones are classed as anal.

The rest are vaginal.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. I just wanted all the tags in a spreadsheet. And its easier to reference at a later time, if it's just in the download area.

I used originally shortened {PUSSY_JUICE} to just {JUICE}, but then kept confusing it with another tag I'd used, {JUICY}. So I changed it to {CREAM}, it seemed much less ambiguous.

There's actually no {WORNSTRAPON} tag yet, Gooser just threw that out as an example.

Good work though.

Right now, Apropos can't distinguish between PC submissive and PC dominant for messages, it would always just play the same messages. Gooser would be able to say more about whether it's possible for that to happen or not, and it's a code thing, so I can't really offer many suggestions on how to allow it.

What about the actor(0) & (1) designations? I thought that was how the {PRIMARY} and {ACTIVE} were distinguished.  But I'm just guessing. 

Thanks though, most of it is actually your earlier Male-Female stuff just reworded to kinda make sense.  Actually was laughing at some of the lines, I mean strap-on's working like water pistols? but it was just a little twisted logic, I mean if women can apparently get each other pregnant...I'm not sure I'd even put one of those things on if the strap-on is sucking your insides out...

The rest are vaginal.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. I just wanted all the tags in a spreadsheet. And its easier to reference at a later time, if it's just in the download area.

Heh, dude, you really didn't offend me. The 'didn't I' line was more or less aimed at myself, as I wasn't sure.

As it turns out, I actually didn't. I listed how many stages each creature had, but I had never actually listed which animations were which, I only posted that for humans. I wasn't questioning you, I was questioning myself. No harm, dude.

Good work though.

What about the actor(0) & (1) designations? I thought that was how the {PRIMARY} and {ACTIVE} were distinguished.  But I'm just guessing. 

Thanks though, most of it is actually your earlier Male-Female stuff just reworded to kinda make sense.  Actually was laughing at some of the lines, I mean strap-on's working like water pistols? but it was just a little twisted logic, I mean if women can apparently get each other pregnant...I'm not sure I'd even put one of those things on if the strap-on is sucking your insides out...

You'd need to ask Gooser about {PRIMARY}/{ACTIVE}, I believe they're not rooted in SexLab and are entirely him. I always meant to ask what happens when MMF/MFF starts working, will we get an {ACTIVE2}?

I still plan on writing actual FF lines for these files, to avoid simple repetition, since the average female PC will do both men and women, so I don't want the messages just to be the same as doing it with a dude. I'm also waiting to see how Gooser configures Apropos before I get started, to see if PC will always be submissive (position 0) or can be dominant (position 1) too.

MaleActor lines I may just adapt from FemaleActor ones, since there won't be any crossover (unless someone's using some weird mid-game sexchange mod).

Just messed around with various FF animations and it looks like there is a marker for the passive or (Victim) role.

I pulled these from my apropos logs. In the first instance my PC (Svylanya) was attacked and the victim, in the second it was

mutual, but I took the dominant role.

Actors >>
[0]: Svylanya, female (Victim)
[1]: Forsworn Forager, female

Actors >>
[0]: bandit, female
[1]: Svylanya, female

I went thru a few variations on each and consistently got [0] for the passive role and [1] for the dominant.

I updated the text overlay thing I did earlier wit some extra stuff,
- standalone version (compiled autohotkey script)
- tray menu for some quick access to stuff
- sentence history  ( keeps track of sentences used ingame, and allows you to open them quickly for editting, if you use notepad++ it also looks up the specific line the sentence is on)
- better overlay with shadow, looks just like ingame text if you use the Futura font. 
- some bug fixes of logtext not being filtered. 
- text to speech with any installed system voice

here's a quick guide how to use:

So this started as a workaround for the short time papyrus shows the apropos sentences.. I use autohotkey to show a overlay on top of the game with the sentences. It reads these from the apropos.0.log file. It only works if you run your game in fullscreen windowed mode,
With 'onetweak', an skse plugin for borderless fullscreen, you hardly notice the difference between fullscreen windowed and fullscreen mode. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40706/?  it also fixes the double mouse cursor problem and allows you to alt-tab in and out of the game without waiting ages. you have to set the BorderlessWindow = true flag in the onetweak.ini file for the overlay to work.

if you want to run the autohotkey script you need, http://www.autohotkey.com/,  but the exe file is just a compiled version of this.

before you run, open settings.ini in notepad and change the important stuff, like the file paths to apropos db, and to your apropos log folder. and to notepad++ or another text editor you use.

you can also change some settings from the rightclick menu of the trayicon. and leftclicking it opens the sentence history dialog.

and some screenshots:

post-236495-0-36694900-1404660362_thumb.pngpost-236495-0-77136000-1404660372_thumb.png

and the download:

Apropos Util.zip

edit: updated the download, last version had a bug, where disabling voice would also cause the text overlay to disappear.

also I forgot to add you should disable the detailed trace log, and the splitting of sentences into fractions. in the Apropos MCM.

I have been writing some FF descriptions and plan to post them here soon (once I have them complete). Gooser, do you have any idea when the FF might be functioning?

I could also write some kissing and foreplay descriptions if that feature will be active soon.

Decauk's files are great. A hard act fo follow, but hopefully there is room for more. I have just downloaded psikochik's FF files and look forward to reading them.

- sentence history  ( keeps track of sentences used ingame, and allows you to open them quickly for editting, if you use notepad++ it also looks up the specific line the sentence is on)
- better overlay with shadow, looks just like ingame text if you use the Futura font. 

So this started as a workaround for the short time papyrus shows the apropos sentences.. I use autohotkey to show a overlay on top of the game with the sentences. It reads these from the apropos.0.log file. It only works if you run your game in fullscreen windowed mode,

With 'onetweak', an skse plugin for borderless fullscreen, you hardly notice the difference between fullscreen windowed and fullscreen mode. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40706/?  it also fixes the double mouse cursor problem and allows you to alt-tab in and out of the game without waiting ages. you have to set the BorderlessWindow = true flag in the onetweak.ini file for the overlay to work.

if you want to run the autohotkey script you need, http://www.autohotkey.com/,  but the exe file is just a compiled version of this.

before you run, open settings.ini in notepad and change the important stuff, like the file paths to apropos db, and to your apropos log folder. and to notepad++ or another text editor you use.

you can also change some settings from the rightclick menu of the trayicon. and leftclicking it opens the sentence history dialog.

and some screenshots:

and the download:

attachicon.gifApropos Util.zip

edit: updated the download, last version had a bug, where disabling voice would also cause the text overlay to disappear.

also I forgot to add you should disable the detailed trace log, and the splitting of sentences into fractions. in the Apropos MCM.

So question is when using mod organizer the log folder is where?

I guess in mod organizer somewhere.

Ok, I imagine this is a really stupid question but I've searched the thread and come up short so - Is there a way to use/how do you use, the custom db files people like Decauk have made, with the current version of Apropos? Whenever I've tried to use the files I get a load of console spam and although the custom messages play, the synonyms etc are blank, so clearly I'm doing something wrong. Would appreciate it if someone could explain/point me to a relevant post since the custom db files are amazing and I really want to use them!

and some screenshots:

and the download:

attachicon.gifApropos Util.zip

So question is when using mod organizer the log folder is where?

I guess in mod organizer somewhere.

I'm not sure, I use NMM, but it should be at the same place the papyrus logs are. For me it's in the documents/my games/skyrim folder, where my save games are kept too. I suggest you just search your disk for Apropos.0.log.

If you can't find it, chances are you have to enable the logging function in skyrim.ini, you have to add these lines in the [Papyrus] section of skyrim.ini

bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=0

btw, here's an updated version with a bunch of changes, it applies a filter to add 'the' to unnamed characters, eg. the skeleton, the whiterun guard. I also tried for text to speech to use different voices for female and male dialog. it works for sentences starting with ({active} {Says}), or (You {Say}). so for now it works correctly because only male/female,  female/male interactions have been implemented in apropos.

I attached my db, which is a compilation of decauk's first person descriptions + my translations for 2nd person. which have the ({active} / you say) parts. It also has psikochik's FF descriptions.

EDIT:

the synonyms file in the previous db download had some errors, causing apropos and my utility to stop working.

reuploaded the database with valid json. sorry for the inconvenience.

Apropos Utility.zip

db (fixed).zip

Ok, I imagine this is a really stupid question but I've searched the thread and come up short so - Is there a way to use/how do you use, the custom db files people like Decauk have made, with the current version of Apropos? Whenever I've tried to use the files I get a load of console spam and although the custom messages play, the synonyms etc are blank, so clearly I'm doing something wrong. Would appreciate it if someone could explain/point me to a relevant post since the custom db files are amazing and I really want to use them!

Did you remember to refresh the list of synonyms in MCM? If the list has been customized (very likely), you will need to refresh from MCM before the new synonyms are displayed on screen.

Also be aware that there are two versions of Apropos, a normal stable one and a beta one for new features to be tested, each with different synonyms. Using the beta db with the normal Apropos will result in blanks, and vice versa.

And also, as Grimbold pointed out, using any custom db requires the Refresh button in the MCM button to be activated.

Did you remember to refresh the list of synonyms in MCM? If the list has been customized (very likely), you will need to refresh from MCM before the new synonyms are displayed on screen.

I double checked and refreshed it again but I'm still missing the synonyms/wear and tear from the messages. Currently I'm just copy-pasting the modified db file into the apropos files in my data folder, is there something else I need to do to get it to work?

The console error I'm getting is -

[Apropos] Could not read storageKey or storageKey is not a map: .apropos_Synonyms

[Apropos] Could not find synonym array for

Edit - Aha, thats very likely what I've done wrong, I'll take a look at that, thanks Decauk

The current version of Apropos is for content creators who are currently authoring stage messages. It is still a beta in the sense that there is still active development being made on the mod. But as you know there is a separate database being worked on by a few individuals. 
Currently there are no active stage progression messages. Also animation change messages are disabled in code for the time being. 
You will only see with the stock db animation start messages and orgasm messages.