Favorite Game to Mod?? (LL Listed)

arr0w

Favorite Game to Mod  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is the best? Leave why in a comment :D

2. 2. TES: Is Oblivion still worth the time to mod? IYO

3. 3. Have you seen me before? (Just For Fun :)

My favorite so far is definitely Skyrim. Although, I havent played NV or modded FO3 or NV. I started a several years ago with Oblivion and dropped it after awhile. Several months ago I got Skyrim and a PC capable of actually playing it on and havent went back. Im asking this in part to see if its worth my time to try it again with a full set-up, 'modernized' more or less to feel as advanced and close to skyrim play-feel as i can get.

Guest endgameaddiction

I have minimal interest in ever doing anything for Skyrim. As I'm highly limited to a certain amount of gameplay before everything goes haywire. So instead of creating my own race and presets or any funky experimentations I just use other people's mods. i stay away from script mods, but that doesn't guarantee me success. The game is unpredictable for me. So it's no fun.

I love modding Fallout 3 because it's unlimited. Though we could use a new female head and body mesh that works on the neck area for a better formation and help hide the deadly slit lower neck. I do what I can. I know FO4 will draw the Skyrim crowd over, so we'll see some interesting stuff. I just hope it's not script stupid like skyrim and a pain in the ass for me to play.

Funny how Oblivion got voted down. lol I was expecting the opposite.

I have minimal interest in ever doing anything for Skyrim. As I'm highly limited to a certain amount of gameplay before everything goes haywire. So instead of creating my own race and presets or any funky experimentations I just use other people's mods. i stay away from script mods, but that doesn't guarantee me success. The game is unpredictable for me. So it's no fun.

I love modding Fallout 3 because it's unlimited. Though we could use a new female head and body mesh that works on the neck area for a better formation and help hide the deadly slit lower neck. I do what I can. I know FO4 will draw the Skyrim crowd over, so we'll see some interesting stuff. I just hope it's not script stupid like skyrim and a pain in the ass for me to play.

Funny how Oblivion got voted down. lol I was expecting the opposite.

I had fun in oblivion but for me oblivion was the worst Elder scroll of the series... The ugly character the superbland setting the recycling of the dungeons and the lack of creativity in the game world because let's face it... even today go in a morrowind dungeon make thinks: my god.. if only keep to make games with hand placed stuff instead of using boring uninteresting design... Skyrim did a step forward in that direction but got dumbed down  in other things "skill and ability progression,magic" is not just nostalgia how some kids claim is about rpg maded by rpg lovers because let's face it.. with the lack of mod skyrim is mediocre..

So in the end for me modding oblivion is pointless... simply because the overall settings and also because 90% of oblivion modder don't care about the setting or the lores but instead care for have a fancy animeish character running naked with bunny ears or have things like Obscuro Overhaul that should improve oblivion but in the end is lore killer ((slavers in the imperial province? oh come on))... Not even mention mods like unnecessary violence that yes add a lot of cool stuff but unfortunately also over the top animeish style.....

I imagine when finally Skiwind will be released now there by the setting itself there is HUGE mod possibility..

But that's my opinion :)

Morrowind still my favorite but skyrim on graphical and beautyfy skyrim with ENB and texture mods its number one.

But i think to many armor, follower, playerhouses, weapons cosmetic mods way to many.

I rather see complex quest mods which are truly great adventures, new lands that are realy challegingn and interesting.

Im provement of npcs daily routine and speech would be great.

More diverse animal mods like monsters mod with good AI would be nice(Enhanced mighty Dragons awesome mod)

New Vegas was the best for me, but sadly, i've been wholly unable to play it ever since i build my my Win7 rig (i've got no idea why, it just will not function on this machine), so i haven't played it for years.

Skyrim would be it if it were not for one giant fly in the soup, the CBBE/UNP conflict. Just so many good mods you can't use regardless of which one you prefer, it's been a constant annoyance that has split the Skyrim modding community. And now, it's why i'll have to walk away from the Devious Devices mods, and that saddens me like you coulden't belive, really it does.

With FONV, the Type-3 body pretty much established itself as a standard, and i liked Type-3, so that was a far more positive experiance, Skyrim has not been.

My greatest hope for future Bethesda titles is that they will finally make a decent body that can be customized with sliders, so that we'll never have to deal with 50 different and competing body replacers again, and we'd only need a nude version and some slider-extenders to make everyone happy. Could we have that please? That'd be awesome.

I played FO:NV and Skyrim and I don't think it can be compared that easily, one is post-apocalyptic in a virtually remade Nevada and the other is somewhat medieval in a virtually made Skyrim, possibilities are completely different.

It will completely be lore-breaking if a UFO is seen in Skyrim, but not in New Vegas as there are things much more futuristic than that....

But you can find swords and armors from the medieval era in New Vegas and it won't be lore-breaking because in the post-apocalyptic era you get what you can to survive, even a condom made 2000 years ago with tortoiseshell can help you survive !

True, the post-apocalyptic setting does have some inherent advantages, there's a lot of modern and sci-fi stuff you can add to the setting without it seeming inherently lore-breaking (atleast you could somewhat plausibly explain it away), that you could not add to Skyrim without it seeming horribly out of place.

But the medieval high-fantasy setting has it's own advantages, like magic, Orc's, Elves, and crazy Gods who meddle in the affairs of mortals, so it's hard to say which allows for more options (just that they lend themselves to different ones).

I prefer Oblivion, mainly due to the fact that there's just so many mods available for it currently... and my PC can max it out and get flawless framerates, unlike Skyrim which slows to a crawl if I try and use good HD textures.  :(

At this point Nexus has more Skyrim mods than Oblivion. Crazy, huh?

I would say Oblivion. Simply because if you mod it now. The majority of the mods is either completed or abandoned. You don't have to update them and mess up your save. Besides, save bloat & orphan script aren't permanent problems due to Wrye Bash support.

I like modding all the games listed and it started with Morrowind, but it was really Oblivion that got me modding theses types of games heavily as back when Oblivion came out, this was my then monster gaming rig, I had built it when the 8800 GTX and the Intel QX6700 first hit the market, dam, I feel old as that hardware today is fairly weak and low end now, lol.  These pics are from 2006 and when I was in college with roommates in a town house we rented near the campus, good times then, parties, LAN parties with beers and such and well, just fun times with other nerds and chicks, lol.

I was a noob back then building my first gaming PC's, my later builds are better organized and such.  I remember back in the Oblivion days where I had a Halo Banshee as my horse and was able to fly around and I even had a Ghost and MC armor.  There was even a mod where a Covenant CCS Class Battle Cruiser crashed landed up the mountains and even had Elite NPC's, I wish I still had that mod as I lost it when my HDD crashed a few years later and the original author took it down because Bungie was being an ass about Halo being in Oblivion despite the author creating everything from scratch :(

Here are pics of my then monster messy abd dusty rig when having 2 8800 GTX in SLI and an Intel Extreme QX6700 was the top PC in the world at the time, this was before Tri/quad SLI and such appeared.

HPIM0286.jpg

HPIM0279.jpg

HPIM0282.jpg

HPIM0293.jpg

HPIM0097.jpg

I have played around with skyrim fallout NV but I would have to say the one I play with the most is oblivion. Oblivion has the best gloss and the GlossMax tool for it the ini can be changed and it can gloss everything except for the heads even armors with skin in them can be glosssed with it. Gloss Tech for skyrim modifies the texture files instead of the nifs which looks alright if you plan on changing your players skin color to chrome.

I can easily copy branches in nifskope and make outfits/mashups in oblivion there are not a shit ton of skeletons and bodies needed for oblivion as most of the bodies are in one mod and I only need one skeleton and have no worries about CTD if I wear something except for author errors like wrong texture path no named NiMaterialProperty a mistake I might of done and so forth.

Probably Oblivion. I didn't object much to the vanilla game itself since I didn't think much of it. Morrowind was a fun game, and I can see how they left out a lot of things in Oblivion, including the face. But Oblivion is very flooded in mods, and the face tool is a plus if you know how to work with it. There's plenty of workarounds for the lack of content and or bugs. Oblivion is less intensive because by now its an old game, I understand, and the fact that it befell consoleitis, just as Skyrim and Morrowind did. (although Morrowind doesn't have that much of a problem because of its more archaic look)

Oblivion was the first game I played out of the Elder Scrolls game, my second was Morrowind, so I can't say too much about Skyrim, since I haven't played it yet.

On the technicals...

Fallout/Oblivion definitely have the most stable workflow. Everything works, can be forced to work, or takes a giant hammer to make it work (but it does work in the end -- I'm talking about scripting for the 3rd one).

Skyrim has improved a lot over the past 2 years; however certain things (animations!!!) remain a huge pain. But it's still my favorite game to mod, because I discover new things everyday (assume_shadowmask? cool. Subsurface scattering tweaks? cooler. Anisotropic lighting? handy).

Morrowind is really showing its age right now; can't stand the animation system as well as the odd conventions back in the days (most files in a flat directory structure; weird prefixes; etc). Best lore hands down though.

As far as which is most crash-free right now? Probably skyrim surprisingly enough, after some insane mod cleaning, save cleaning, ENB tweaks, memory tweaks. (crosses fingers).

PS Oh yea, I don't mod for the lore. (At least, not in-game lore).

Archived