Where did my grass go?

I just noticed today that for some reason, almost all grass display has vanished from my game. Here's an example of what I mean:

2yoybte.jpg

I 100% remember that previously there was way more grass in this spot in my game. This literally happened out of the blue - I am unaware of any changes I made in my game that deal with grass.

Here's what my ini settings are. Again, I have not changed these, so unless another mod made automatic changes, I can't imagine why there would be a problem here.

Skyrim.ini:

[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0
iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6
iMinGrassSize=100

SkyrimPrefs.ini:

bShadowsOnGrass=0

[Grass]
b30GrassVS=0
fGrassStartFadeDistance=7000.0000
fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=7000.0000
fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0.0000

Might be redundant, but in the game launcher options, grass fade is set to max as well.

The ingame slider is set to maximum as well. Also, my framerate barely reaches 15 even with this, but that is more due to my seriously fucked-up install than anything else.

In any case, the absence of grass still persists...

perhaps it is the INI settings!
which is in my.

Skyrim.ini:

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0

SkyrimPrefs.ini:

bShadowsOnGrass=1

[Grass]

b30GrassVS=1

I just noticed today that for some reason, almost all grass display has vanished from my game. Here's an example of what I mean:

2yoybte.jpg

I 100% remember that previously there was way more grass in this spot in my game. This literally happened out of the blue - I am unaware of any changes I made in my game that deal with grass.

Here's what my ini settings are. Again, I have not changed these, so unless another mod made automatic changes, I can't imagine why there would be a problem here.

Skyrim.ini:

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1

bAllowLoadGrass=0

iMinGrassSize=100

SkyrimPrefs.ini:

bShadowsOnGrass=0

[Grass]

b30GrassVS=0

Might be redundant, but in the game launcher options, grass fade is set to max as well.

perhaps it is the INI settings!

which is in my.

Skyrim.ini:

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1

bAllowLoadGrass=0

SkyrimPrefs.ini:

bShadowsOnGrass=1

[Grass]

b30GrassVS=1

You smoked it !  :P

Nah let's get serious now... Like winny, in Skyrim.ini I don't have the :

iMinGrassSize=100

Like winny, in SkyrimPrefs.ini I have :

bShadowsOnGrass=1

[Grass]

b30GrassVS=1

And everything works fine.

hi "dje34"
but since he has very many joins "turned", as he floats already in seventh heaven. :)

or he has in his playing too many animals (rabbits deer or Mamut) which have eaten. just a fun.

hi "Dagimpyman"

mine is "noticed" that in your Skyrim INI, two entries are those who should not be.

iMinGrassSize=100

either derived them from a mod, or you've entered them?

Did you have "Grass on Steroids" installed or another grass density plug-in, and then maybe pull it or have something installed that maybe conflicts with a density plug-in?

Things like "Summer Skyrim" have a density thing built in, and "SoSP - Summer Edition", has a density plug-in, just for example it doesn't look like you are using either, so was just throwing that out there.

I usually use:

iMinGrassSize=80  to 120'ish  with "Grass on Steroids" (or anything else that increases grass density)

and

iMinGrassSize=50  to 60'ish without.

anyway  iMinGrassSize=100 usually isn't a whole lot of grass, default vanilla grass is like 40 I think (Remember:  a bigger iMinGrassSize value is actually less grass)

Tinkering with the ini settings as suggested did indeed restore grass in my game. I honestly don't remember changing those settings, and I'm not aware of any grass mods I installed, but that doesn't really concern me since it's all good now. Thanks alot.

Archived