Character is hovering above the ground

How do I figure out what the right hight should be? The weird thing is it isn't activated for the pair of boots pictured.

EDIT: I don't think it's HDT High Heels, no matter what slider I mess with it doesn't seem to change anything, other than to make my character hover even higher off of the ground. Even playing with the global hight slider doesn't do anything.

Does this happen to this pair of boots only or you still hover above ground even naked/with no footwear? Check your active effect list in game, does it have "high heel event trigger"? I once got a similar problem too and later I found out it's somehow HDT high heel system forced "high heel event trigger" effect on one of my equipment.

No, it's not just when she wears the boots, even when she's barefoot she hovers. I have noticed she goes back to ground level in certian areas, but that's usually when she's outside, or on uneven terrain.

How do I check my active effects list? And how do I fix it if it's not set up correctly?

Press "p"(default key for magic), active effect should be at the bottom of the list, check if there is "high heel event trigger" in it. If it's indeed there, you can try to disable the plugin, make a new save, then install it again, also make sure your high heel system is up to date(beta 0.5). If there is no such entry in your active effects, the problem could be your skeleton.

I'm going to take a wild guess, but try enabling v-sync.

Other than that I can ask: Does this problem consist when excluding HDT-HH?

Currently using XPMS Extended, but I remember the skeleton I've used had no such problem. Remember seeing a similar post about this issue a while ago… Can't help more.

What is v-sync?

No, even if I allow HDT High Heel system to work on the current boots it just makes the character hover even higher off of the ground.. unless I'm doing something wrong..

UPDATE: I was doing something wrong. I had to apply the effect to the boots my character was wearing and then when I set the global hight to -20.0 it brought her back down to Mundus.. seems like such a simple mistake now.. though I haven't been using HDT High Heels for very long..

Thank you all for the advice.

Archived