What ENB to pick up for X PC spec and looks as...

Have ya tried sharpshooter original?

since it was a simple install (v5 had alot more files and wasnt sure what was needed or not needed) i gave it a try, and WOW.. i never noticed just how grey vanilla Skyrim is.

ran around Whiterun, making sure to include hte area at the top of the stairs to Dragonsreach, and outside a bit, including dome combat. fps was still great, around 44 was the lowest, and still at 60 most times, not counting the stairs, where it dropped to about 33-34.

2 example shots in my game, sadly the fps counter didnt show in them

No enb

post-43106-0-36110700-1394543352_thumb.jpg

with enb

post-43106-0-14560600-1394543411_thumb.jpg

ps:please ignore the small clipping issue on her hood, it's from her idle stance, not the armor.

I have this same problem. ENB cuts my FPS in half (or more). 

Yesterday i´ve been playing with some ENBs to see how my FPS behave, and inspite of not solving the problem, it was very "educational". Hope this can help u a bit.

My Specs (bit lower than yours on the GPU): 

Notebook Sony Vaio SVE1511MFSX

i7 2.3 CPU 

GPU: AMD Radeon 7550M/7650M 1G

8RAM

I played with no ENB up to lvl40, my FPS where about 32 on high (outdoor), quite solid, no fall downs. 

Then i Installed "Realvision ENB Performance Option B". And my FPS dropped to 10-15 (bad), and in addition, those 14 average weren´t stable. I got freeze while moving the camera and so on.

Yesterday night experiment: 

01 ) I uninstalled Realvision (obviously that´s not for my GPU). Back in Vanilla, FPS went back to 30/32 FPS (Outdoor). I searched through the internet, and find out that those FPS are what´s to be expected for my computer in Skyrim. 

02 ) I Installed z ENB (the new ENB from the same author of Zoners High Peformance ENB). And performance went down again, with just 2 or 3 FPS above Realvision ENB. So no real improvement there. So first info: "z ENB is not for me, even on high performance (ENB setting, Game is still on High)". 

03 ) Uninstalled z ENB. Back to Vanilla awful colors.  :shy:  After tasting ENB i found Vanilla colors unplayeable. 

04 ) [First Good News] Installed Reallike ENB (it´s performance friendly and well rated over different forums, little old, uses old ENB files. Wich aparently, by having less FX, it doesn´t hit performance so much). With this on, FPS where stable on 25. So, for my notebook i guess that´s not so bad, just 5FPS drop from Vanilla. Colors were much better than Vanilla. Though not as good to Realvision to my taste (and i don´t like Realvision colors on grass and brushes). Another thing a didn´t like about Reallike it´s shadows, they are like textured. Also, with Realvision, i could really see my character WET Body textures, amazing for screenshots, and Reallike doesn´t reproduce that on that level; wet textures were a more difficult to see.

(http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22056/? Reallike)

05 ) Well, at this point i though that even not being perfect to my taste, i´d rather play Reallike on 25FPS than Realvision ENB on unstable 14FPS. Im still searching for my ENB, but if i don´t find something better (for my notebook) i guess i´ll be back to Reallike. Ok, then i uninstall Reallike to continue experimenting, so back to Vanilla and my 30/32 FPS

06 ) [Another good news] Then I Installed "EWIs High SkyrimPrefs and inis v01b" by ewi65 (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51033/?). Had to change Skyrimprefs.ini to fit my screen resolution of my notebook.  And, i still don´t understand how, but FPS on Vanilla (sadly only on Vanilla) went up to an stable and constant 40FPS (8/10 FPS improvement just by installing this Inis). WTF, i still don´t understand how this is possible. But this tells me there´s a way to improve FPS by tweaking skyrim basic Inis (Documents/My Games/Skyrim).

07 ) So, just to satisfy curiosity, i re-installed Realvision ENB Option B Performance to see weere my FPS were with Ewis Ini´s. And, there was an improvement. FPS rised to 17/18 (not much, but at least those 18FPS where stable and without freeze). 

And that´s when i went to sleep because it were 3AM and i had to get up to work at 7AM.  :shy:  :shy:  :shy:

My thoughts are that considering (thnks to Ewis Inis) that my Vanilla is currently playing at 40FPS, there has to be a way to use an ENB that i like without dropping FPS to 17. 40 to 17 FPS is a lot of performance loss. And what caught my attention, is that even with Ewis Inis, when i deactivate Realvision ENB (Shift+F12), FPS on Vanilla are 30 (original like it was without Ewis Inis). The only way i get the 40 FPS (with Ewis inis installed) is when i completly uninstall ENB. So, Vanilla Skyrim with ENB deactivated and Ewis Inis 30FPS; and Vanilla Skyrim with No ENB at all 40FPS. Why? I have not the slightest idea.

I guess there´s a relationship between My Games/Skyrim/Inis and Inis form ENB files. Again, not the slightest idea what that connection is. 

Well, i´ll keep playing with ENBs tonight to see what happens. 

Any thoughts that could help me improve FPS please tell me. 

I already mentioned it here. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48554/?

I am running a weaker laptop than you are, yet this has no hit on my fps for me at all. It's not quite an ENB, although it has a similar look. It also allows quick and easy change of the color palette, saturation, bloom effects, sky/sunlight brightness/intensity and so on (on the fly even).

If you just want Skyrim to look better and NOT make it unplayable or unstable then this is perfect. It does work in conjunction with a couple other mods, but those are in it's description.

I am running a weaker laptop than you are, yet this has no hit on my fps for me at all. It's not quite an ENB, although it has a similar look. It also allows quick and easy change of the color palette, saturation, bloom effects, sky/sunlight brightness/intensity and so on (on the fly even).

If you just want Skyrim to look better and NOT make it unplayable or unstable then this is perfect. It does work in conjunction with a couple other mods, but those are in it's description.

Thnks! I´ll put this on my 2Do list for tonight!! 

Since it´s not an ENB, how does it manage Antialising? Can i tweak it? 

Another one I think looks good and I'm using is Pineapple's Synergy ENB, I like for the warm colors and also caves and nights are dark, thus needing a torch like in RL.  It's in between quality and performance, so with it, your GPU should take a 5-10 FPS hit average.  Also, I have no other lighting mods and such, I should though since my GTX 770 4GB runs my current ENB settings at a constant 60 FPS (I play om my 55" 1080p HD 3D TV).  I also tweaked it further at the time since I'm not a big fan of always having blurry backgrounds and in RL, you should be able to see for miles and discern details (I have 15/20 vision in both eyes).

I haven't added any new lighting mods and such since for a time, I was gaming on my old GTX 650 Ti 2GB card and only had the HD textures and the ENB I'm using, what other lighting mods should I use? 

Here are a few screen shots to compare vanilla and Pineapple's Synergy ENB.

Vanilla

post-239429-0-39042400-1394647728_thumb.png

ENB enabled

post-239429-0-43931900-1394647763_thumb.png

Vanilla

post-239429-0-80381400-1394647816_thumb.png

ENB enabled

post-239429-0-19927900-1394647846_thumb.png

Been looking at this one, but i cant find an answer to a couple of questions: can the enhanced lighting mod be switched out and Realistic Lighting Overhaul be used instead? i swear i've seen that RLO had issues with CoT before, but didnt see anything listed now. 

I've been looking at enbs the past 2 days, but the few i've seen that i liked, didnt seem to work for me. I like the way the game looks with sharpshooters classic, but its just so old, so i tried to use v5 of it, but it wouldnt load the game with it. (tho i'm not sure if i missed a file or setting it needs since hte instructions are quite basic and lacking details) and tried Seasons of Skyrim, it loaded, but had some massive flickering issue and couldnt open any menu.

Another one I think looks good and I'm using is Pineapple's Synergy ENB, I like for the warm colors and also caves and nights are dark, thus needing a torch like in RL.  It's in between quality and performance, so with it, your GPU should take a 5-10 FPS hit average.  Also, I have no other lighting mods and such, I should though since my GTX 770 4GB runs my current ENB settings at a constant 60 FPS (I play om my 55" 1080p HD 3D TV).  I also tweaked it further at the time since I'm not a big fan of always having blurry backgrounds and in RL, you should be able to see for miles and discern details (I have 15/20 vision in both eyes).

I haven't added any new lighting mods and such since for a time, I was gaming on my old GTX 650 Ti 2GB card and only had the HD textures and the ENB I'm using, what other lighting mods should I use? 

]Vanilla

attachicon.gifTESV 2014-03-12 12-46-06-21.png

ENB enabled

attachicon.gifTESV 2014-03-12 12-45-58-92.png

Vanilla

attachicon.gifTESV 2014-03-12 13-58-22-08.png

ENB enabled

attachicon.gifTESV 2014-03-12 13-58-28-40.png[

Try Realistic lighting overhaul ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30450/? )  i've used it for quite some time and love it's looks. tho i dont know how well it'll work with your enb.

Been looking at this one, but i cant find an answer to a couple of questions: can the enhanced lighting mod be switched out and Realistic Lighting Overhaul be used instead?

I don't know. But why not try ELFX like it requires and see how you like it?

ELFX is too dark for my taste, tried it before. 

Are there any ENBs that don't make the nights incredibly dark? (I want to be able to see and fight at night without a torch)    Would Wearable Lanterns be a decent alternative?    

Right now I'm using E ENB which looks pretty good, and has pretty decent moonlight, but I also use the tall trees mod and its literally pitch black in the shadows everywhere.  Is there a way to reduce the strength of the shadows maybe? I'm new to ENB so any tips would be helpful.

]Vanilla

attachicon.gifTESV 2014-03-12 12-46-06-21.png

ENB enabled

attachicon.gifTESV 2014-03-12 12-45-58-92.png

Vanilla

attachicon.gifTESV 2014-03-12 13-58-22-08.png

ENB enabled

attachicon.gifTESV 2014-03-12 13-58-28-40.png[

Try Realistic lighting overhaul ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30450/? )  i've used it for quite some time and love it's looks. tho i dont know how well it'll work with your enb.

I'll give it a try and see how it turns out :)

What i don´t want to loose is this:

TESV_2014_03_03_02_53_05_14.jpg

Look at the detail of the wet textures, and colors are not bad. This is taken with Realvision ENB Performance Option B. I actually spend a lot of time taking screens, this is what i don´t want to lose. Reallike didn´t achive this.  

playing with Imaginator and Dynavision, looking ok, got the colors to how i like htem (very close to the ones in Sharpshooters) just not sure how to set any bloom. 

not sure what i'd lose over a enb, but i think i might stick with ths.

edit: Dynavision removed, couldnt see it working most the time. oh well, jsut got with Imaginator.

I like the whole toaster next to shit computers on that page haha. Feels like what I'm working with right now. When I clicked on Stakado's ENB though it appears it was removed from the nexus...but it's because it looks like Stakado released a finalized version called Stakado Realistic and Cinematic ENB.

I'm still looking for an answer to my question below...

I've seen that some of the more graphics intensive ENB's can drop the FPS rates to 20-35 for even the most beefy of gaming rigs, that being said. What kind of "beauty per performance" would I be looking at with a dual 780M in SLI config on a laptop with the new i74930X CPU running at around 3.9Ghz?

I'm looking into buying the new rig sometime in the next few months, and I know I would get better performance from a desktop and not a laptop but traveling a lot kinda throws that argument out the window.

Would loooooove some feedback on this since Im really stoked seeing all these amazing pictures and ENB presets that people are using along with the numerous mods that make characters and the game look great. But I don't want to overhype myself if I get the rig and all of a sudden oops 5fps xD Thanks again.

And now I have a new question, if I were to download the ENB modification tool from enbdev.com does the ENB always tell me which version of the program that I need to download...or should I just download the latest version and load the ENB that way? I didn't even realize there was a tool for ENB and I tried to insert an ENB manually and it royally screwed my game over so before I go on I am looking for some advice on this matter. Though I guess I could just go watch a bunch of youtube videos and learn all I need to know.

Lol but Im trying to socialize and become a part of the community so I apologize if my questions seem dumb.