• Colonel Autumn
    • Enclave Squad Sigma
    • Legate Lanius
    • General Oliver
    • Father Elijah
    • Think Tank/Doctor Mobius
    • Salt-Upon-Wounds
    • Ulysses

There are a lot of Fallout bosses, and I'm wondering which ones are your favorites and why. New Vegas alone has five of the damn things due to DLC, while FO3 has about four (though the vanilla boss hardly counts as one :P )

A boss is awesome because of many reasons. You might like him for his motivations, like the Think Tank's endless pursuit of SCIENCE!, or Colonel Autumn's desire for a pure wasteland. You might like him because of sheer aesthetic appeal - Father Elijah's got snazzy robes, while the Master is a horrid fleshy kludge of things. Or you might like him because of the fight itself: Frank Horrigan can be a monstrously difficult battle, even with help.

What are your favorite FO bosses, LoversLabers?

I actually loved the minor ones too. I remember the first time I accidentally walked in on the Legendary Deathclaw's nest.

My only thought before it clawed my character to death was, "huh, I didn't know they go that big."

The Marked Men bosses are also pretty cool, because you don't know anything about them: they're just these badass ghoul guys who want to kill you.

Elijah, because he is very... human. An old man with blind obsession, most hypocritical person I've ever met in Fallout series, megalomaniac, who is free of all morals. He is truly evil, and we can see why exactly, yet he leaves a message for Veronica. I just like bosses with real personality.

I actually really wish that they brought Felicia Day back to voice Veronica for Dead Money. It would have been interesting, especially since Christine Royce is the girl Elijah separated her from, and Elijah was her father figure.

NV in general had a lot of interesting people. Elder MacNamara, for example. He knows the Brotherhood is lost if it continues to follow its rules, but still feels he has to honor tradition.

Hell, Lanius was a great contrast to the brutish, violent Frank Horrigan.

The Master from Fallout 1 is still my favorite. Partly because of the design (he is creepy as hell) and partly because of the fact it kinda blew me away that you could talk him down.

I didn't really care for the FO3 characters but in NV I liked Elijah and Ulysses. Elijah was just really nicely realized I think. Good writing for him and the voiceacting is really outstanding, some of the best I've heard. Love that he is so cold and calculating, and yet sort of scatterbrained at times. A good psychopath character.

I liked Ulysses because I had kinda expected him to be somewhat of an "oracle", having lots of interesting insight that would win me over possibly. Instead, I felt him to be very well written but also very misguided, far more so than I expected. Don't know if that's what they were actually going for but interesting character.

Wasn't a big fan of Lanius but I loved that you can use Barter to talk him down.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else like Benny? I swear, the more I play the more he grows on me. I really wish they did more with him in regards to actually partnering up with him. Maybe I'm just a sucker for that style of speech, ya know? (Though I hate how his in-game face looks a little fat compared to his face in the opening cut-scene.)

Ring-a-ding baby.

Archived