FalloutTTW QuestOverhaul

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet...but in my game...I was knocked unconscious and Sydney was captured by Super Mutants. Where do I go to rescue her?

Pretty sure it's bugged. I have only ever found her in Vault 87, dead.

Going to have to agree here. Major drawback for this mod. They take one of the more rewarding characters that actually ties together several quests and it is just, well Sydney is dead now. Here is her corpse, nothing you seem to be able to do about it. So.

This is only supposed to happen as a fail safe if things are approached a certain way. I can't guarantee it's not triggering inappropriately - it's never happened to me when it's not supposed to.

What happened right before people received the message?

The Yearling Miniquest should start after you get the pre-war books quest (looking at the GECK conditions), see if there is a new topic "Yearling, are you really looking only for the books? You don't read anything else?"

I'm fairly certain you have to be a male PC for that quest though.

Other noticeable issues that have been noticed: (because people keep having issues and it makes sense to try and put the answers together for easy searching)

You MUST do the Making Friends Quest at Chevy Chase (when you meet Sarah for the first time on the way to Three Dog) if you plan on doing ANY of the female PC Super Mutant line quests. No Making Friends, no super mutant quests.

For Reilly's Quest, the quest seems to be a little bugged after Reilly is set free as it sets her back at Ranger HQ instead of the 9th Circle at Underworld as it's supposed to

For Sydney (when playing a female PC), I'm not sure whether it is intentional/guaranteed that Syndey is captured if you didn't do the Making Friends quest. I need to look at the trigger and script in the GECK.

For the Big Town Quest for female PC, the Big Town Residents keep trying to follow their normal packages after the first sex act, which potentially leads to some trouble if the actors walk into a building.)

The Yearling Miniquest should start after you get the pre-war books quest (looking at the GECK conditions), see if there is a new topic "Yearling, are you really looking only for the books? You don't read anything else?"

I'm fairly certain you have to be a male PC for that quest though.

Other noticeable issues that have been noticed: (because people keep having issues and it makes sense to try and put the answers together for easy searching)

You MUST do the Making Friends Quest at Chevy Chase (when you meet Sarah for the first time on the way to Three Dog) if you plan on doing ANY of the female PC Super Mutant line quests. No Making Friends, no super mutant quests.

For Reilly's Quest, the quest seems to be a little bugged after Reilly is set free as it sets her back at Ranger HQ instead of the 9th Circle at Underworld as it's supposed to

For Sydney (when playing a female PC), I'm not sure whether it is intentional/guaranteed that Syndey is captured if you didn't do the Making Friends quest. I need to look at the trigger and script in the GECK.

For the Big Town Quest for female PC, the Big Town Residents keep trying to follow their normal packages after the first sex act, which potentially leads to some trouble if the actors walk into a building.)

I want to like this mod, but I think it is a terrible idea to have so much content depend on one missable and not repeatable speech option.

I didn't design the initial setup - was just part of the team that made it. I'm not promising anything, but I'll take a look at what can be done if I get time.

Also, there's nothing stopping you or anyone else from making a patch mod to change anything you don't like.

Not sure if this works (as I haven't tested it thoroughly), but I whipped up a quick patch where you can talk to Moira at Megaton to start the super mutant quests (I think). No guarantees, so keep a backup. I highly advise you do the actual GNR quest if you haven't done it yet, as this is a rough optional choice.

Also, I think I fixed the Reilly issue after she is released during her quest. She should now be in the 9th Circle in Underworld and not at Reilly's Rangers HQ if the correct option is chosen.

As a little addon, I added another option in the beginning of the game when Amata is being harassed. Now you can offer both you and her to Butch. This option also includes the after-GOAT test scene. For more hilarity, I gave Amata a Tunnel Snakes jacket if she submitted. You also get one if you submit (openly), and both of you get one if you both submit.

Highly recommend that you make a backup save before using this.

Also, for those who lost Sydney, I'm wondering whether it is still possible to "redo" her quest by re-enabling her inside the Rotunda meet area(maybe it will retrigger the activator or something). Note that simply re-enabling her will not solve the problem (at least, to my knowledge) as she continues to get kidnapped the moment you leave the museum.

*Edit*Just realized that the alternate option won't let you do the final quest on the super mutant line because i forgot to spawn Marcus.

*Edit*Updated fixed version. Marcus now should spawn. Also, there was a previous error with offering you and Amata to Butch. It should now be fixed.

TTWQO Additions and Patch.esp

So I'm confused I was doing the my, what a big town you have quest. The supermutant said about the town needing to give up pussy for protection but then when i try to complete the big trouble in big town quest, only shorty goes in. Red goes in too but it doesn't seem to count. Any solutions?

Did you talk to Red about defending the town? She should have an option that continues the quest.

She just gives me the option to say wait here, and you need a weapon. on the Big Trouble in Big Town quest it still gives me the quest stage to bring her to the town even though she is standing there. I went with both red and Shorty, Shorty went in and the stage was complete for him, but the stage never completes for Red. Do note instead of going to the big town first to talk with the people, I had been at Germantown first to get them out.

Sounds like a Fallout 3 bug if the vanilla quest didn't succeed.

any way to get around it that you know of? can I skip the big town quest through console command or will that mean i miss out on the my kind of town quest? Let me know if there is something I can do.

Updated a newer version of my "patch/addons" with two new quests and 1 new option.

Female:
Slate Their Thirst: (Part of the Super Mutant Quest Line) Help the Family deal with a super mutant threat via submission. (Alternate way to get password or Vampire's Edge)(NOTE: If you have Brianna as a companion when doing this quest, I highly advise that you take any item of value from her, as she is set to remove all items at its conclusion)
Peace of Tail Part 2: Knight Captain Dusk refuses to abide by the peace agreement between the Super Mutants and the Brotherhood. Get Marcus to set her straight(Offer Dusk, Durga, Vallincourt, and Jameson to Marcus and Co.)

Both Genders:
When fleeing Project Purity, you have some other options to get Garza moving (Offer yourself, Doctor Li, or a Threesome)

None of these have been tested well (er, at all) so there will likely be some issues.

Also, Loogie, since you are now in charge of the original TTWQO mod, are you alright with me putting these "patches" up? If no, I'll remove them ASAP.
TTWQO Additions and Patch.esp

I think it's awesome you're making an add on. You might want to make a separate download to get it more exposure, though.

Yeah, what he said. I stumbled on this by chance, there are a lot of people who just watch the downloads now and not the support topic